Launcher won't start (steam)

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Launcher won't start (steam)

Post by Fletchette »

maros.kuzar wrote: Yes, exactly, it seems like launcher is just minimized, but at the same time it is not, or at least I cant maximize it.
After trying to start the Launcher, do you see a Launcher Icon on the Task Bar?

If it is running minimized, then you need to click the running icon on the taskbar to select it, then press <Alt><Spacebar> (Hold down the <Alt> key and press space). Or perhaps <Alt><Space>, then the "R' key.
Personal Bests...
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

Fletchette wrote:
maros.kuzar wrote: Yes, exactly, it seems like launcher is just minimized, but at the same time it is not, or at least I cant maximize it.
After trying to start the Launcher, do you see a Launcher Icon on the Task Bar?

If it is running minimized, then you need to click the running icon on the taskbar to select it, then press <Alt><Spacebar> (Hold down the <Alt> key and press space). Or perhaps <Alt><Space>, then the "R' key.
Wow that was weird, and thanks for that advice:

I started the launcher, clicked on the icon on the taskbar, pressed ALt+spacebar, and clicked "maximize". Launcher window showed up, but not loaded, and in the upper right corner it said v812/v0/STEAM and then closed immediately.

But now, when I start the launcher, it seems to be working... Still says "v0", so I am going to test if game runs, but it seems that helped somehow. I just can't imagine what was/is the issue.

EDIT: So it seems I don't have game installed, but it might be that I moved the game folder instead of copying it in previous tries... I don't believe I was that stupid, but at the same time, it seems like a reasonable explanation :D Anyhow, I will post an update about the situation once my game is comple again ;-)

Thanks anyways, you helped me a lot.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

A little update: My game works! Thank you Fletchette!

I am embarassed a little since it was quite an easy fix. First I thought it is just minimized, but I tried alt+enter instead of alt+spacebar. And I still think the launcher wasnt just minimized, but maximizing it just happened to forcefix the problem.

Anyway, shame on my, and thank you ;-)
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

maros.kuzar wrote:A little update: My game works! Thank you Fletchette!

I am embarassed a little since it was quite an easy fix. First I thought it is just minimized, but I tried alt+enter instead of alt+spacebar. And I still think the launcher wasnt just minimized, but maximizing it just happened to forcefix the problem.

Glad to hear it's working.... :P

I'm kicking myself for not figuring it out right away. I got fixated thinking it was a problem with your Steam installation, and missed that you said the Launcher icon was appearing in the Taskbar, meaning the Launcher was actually running, but just not visible. I thought the Launcher wasn't starting at all. It was when Liam, (L3M182), asked if it was running in Task Manager that triggered my memory of helping a few other people with this issue a couple years ago.

There seems to be some mystical key combination that people accidentally hit that causes Windows to minimize the Launcher, and from that point on, Windows remembers that it's suppose to be minimized and keeps doing it every time the Launcher is started, until you tell it to stop.
Personal Bests...
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

Fletchette wrote:
maros.kuzar wrote:A little update: My game works! Thank you Fletchette!

Glad to hear it's working.... :P

I'm kicking myself for not figuring it out right away. I got fixated thinking it was a problem with your Steam installation, and missed that you said the Launcher icon was appearing in the Taskbar, meaning the Launcher was actually running, but just not visible. I thought the Launcher wasn't starting at all. It was when Liam, (L3M182), asked if it was running in Task Manager that triggered my memory of helping a few other people with this issue a couple years ago.

There seems to be some mystical key combination that people accidentally hit that causes Windows to minimize the Launcher, and from that point on, Windows remembers that it's suppose to be minimized and keeps doing it every time the Launcher is started, until you tell it to stop.
Thats really weird issue. TBH I don't think it was just minimized, because normally when you hover over the icon with a cursor on Win7, a small preview window will show. But that wasn't the case. It only showed me the option to close the launcher, pin the icon to the taskbar and start theHunter launcher. Also when I maximized the window for the first time, it was weird, nothing loaded except for the background, and launcher closed after 2 seconds or so. So the issue wasn't that simple, but the fix was ;-)

Thank you very much ;-)
DonatPac

Post by DonatPac »

i've had the same problem but it works with the alt key and space , thank you so much Fletchette

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”