Comparing Clothing Outfits

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Comparing Clothing Outfits

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

For a while now I've been wondering the best situations to use these three outfits and when one outfit is better suited over the other: B&C Cammo, Trapper Outfit, And Doc Outfit. I'm aware of their strengths/weaknesses etc. I'm not sure when for example the scent advantages of the Trapper outfit outweigh it's dissadvantages of sight over say the B&C. And the Doc? I'd like to hear what others have to say about these outfits and am all ears for suggestions on ideal situations for each outfit.
Seifer
Hunter

Re: Comparing Clothing Outfits

Post by Seifer »

I've tried all these outfits but in the end I always end up using the Sneaky 3D which provides the best visual camo I think. I always carry scent eliminator but its not always necessary. I believe most of the time the wind blows in the NE direction so I usually try to start my hunts in the NE and travel SW. Using the wind to my advantage I really have no need for scent reducing camo. As far as sound reduction my dog probably scares off more animals than I do anyway so no need for sound reduction imo. The only place that I like to use those outfits is Redfeather Falls anyway, all species deer except for Black Bear ;)
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Comparing Clothing Outfits

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I don't think it really makes a big difference, but judging from the stats in the wiki I would recommend Trapper if you don't want to use a lot of scent eliminator and/or often do not have the wind in your favor. I don't know very much about the difference regarding B&C vs. Doc - since walking around usually creates both noise and makes you stand out visually, I couldn't say whether visual or sound camo is better for hunting (certain species of) deer.

If you're hunting cautiously - not walking or even running too much, applying scent eliminator in critical situations - I don't think that clothing makes a huge difference. It might give you a small advantage in some situations, but we're probably talking about 5% or something. I only change my clothes to look fancy! :D
Image Image Image

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”