Cannot join MP games since latest update

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Tranar
Spotter

Cannot join MP games since latest update

Post by Tranar »

When I try to join a multiplayer server I get the message "Something went wrong when creating your game session. Please reload the server list and try joining another game.". I have tried clearing all cache. No go. I verified the integrity of the game files. No go. I completely uninstalled the game and reinstalled and still no go. I can launch a single player game. I was ale to join MP games before the update. Thanks for any help.
Tranar
Spotter

Re: Cannot join MP games since latest update

Post by Tranar »

Further investigation... Full system reboot still no go. I have now noticed after trying to join a MP game and getting the message above I then go in a validate files again (through steam) and I get the message "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired.". Everything checks out fine then. I try to join a MP game and everything repeats. I am not sure what to do at this point.
Tranar
Spotter

Post by Tranar »

Update... I just tried again randomly without changing anything and it connected. Really odd...
Tranar
Spotter

Post by Tranar »

And yet another update... Got out of the game and now the issue is back.
Tranar
Spotter

Post by Tranar »

Once again I was not able to join a MP server. This time it would go to a splash screen and then say it failed to connect. I was then able to connect to a different server. I killed 3 animals and was not able to pick up even one of them. This never happened before this patch.

Can someone at least respond to let me know they saw this? lol
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

If you're looking for a member of the development team to respond, there's no guarantee they will see this. They don't read all the thousands of forum posts each day, so the only "official" way to get help from the company is to submit a support ticket, or send an email to support.

That said, if there was a problem with the last update there would be multiple threads here on the forum and hundreds of posts with people complaining. This is not the case, and the number of MP games running right now, and the number of players in them looks pretty normal. So I'd guess the issue is with your internet connection, perhaps your router or something your ISP may be doing.

I'd start by powering everything down, (computer, router, modem, etc.), and disconnecting them from A/C power for 30 seconds then plugging them back in again. Sometimes a hard reset like that can get a messed up router working again. Also if you are connecting with WiFi, try using an Ethernet cable to see if that helps.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”