Graphic prolems

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Lapehunter
Outfitter

Graphic prolems

Post by Lapehunter »

I got a new laptop this summer and I've been struggling with it's graphical settings with no luck

Specs:
Intel i5-7200U 2.5 GHz GPU
Intel HD Graphics 620
8GB RAM

Problem one:

As you can see, every tree, bush or any other that has leaves and is over 30 meters away, looks like the trees in that picture. Nothing have helped.

Problem two:

If Multi-Sample Anti Aliasing is turned more than 1x, all objects get blocky. I've read that some ATI/AMD graphics card users have had this problem.

So, if anyone can help, please do it :D . And if any other Intel HD Graphics users are having these problems, please tell!

Image Image
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Graphic prolems

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I would not use a laptop for gaming. There is no way to update the onboard GPU, which seems to be the problem.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Lapehunter
Outfitter

Post by Lapehunter »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I would not use a laptop for gaming. There is no way to update the onboard GPU, which seems to be the problem.
I understand that, but I have currently no chance to get another gaming computer and laptop is must in studying.

I've been playing this game always with laptop, and my previous one had Intel i3 2.13 GHz GPU and the graphics never had that glitch.

Image Image
SUPERWEP7
Tracker

Post by SUPERWEP7 »

You can run games on a laptop, but to run them well you have to have one that was built specifically for that, and like stancomputerhunter said—there's no way to upgrade the system once it starts to get out of date. I run tH on an old MSI 2PE Leopard, and I can turn it up pretty high without any reduction in framerate—but this machine has a dedicated video card.

You can run tH on an integrated graphics card just fine, though, if you're willing to sacrifice the graphical quality. I've run it at 30-40 FPS on an Intel HD 4400 series, you just gotta drop the settings a bit.
SUPERWEP7
Tracker

Post by SUPERWEP7 »

I did a quick search and found this guide which aims to increase graphics performance using Intel integrated graphics chipsets. Maybe give it a gander and see if any of the tweaks they suggest help?

The 620 is very nearly twice as powerful as the 4400 series I used on my old computer. Seems like we should be able to change some settings and get better performance.
Lapehunter
Outfitter

Post by Lapehunter »

I can play very well with pretty good graphical settings, and the graphics look mostly good despite that problem that is shown in my picture. That is the one I need help with. How can I get rid of those broken trees, or can I? Is it Intels feature or something?

Image Image
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

Lapehunter wrote:I can play very well with pretty good graphical settings, and the graphics look mostly good despite that problem that is shown in my picture. That is the one I need help with. How can I get rid of those broken trees, or can I? Is it Intels feature or something?
"anti-aliaising and anisotropic filtering, the best approach is just to crank them up and test the game."stole this line from calledonianbleus :D

but this wil fix your problem

Lapehunter
Outfitter

Post by Lapehunter »

strandjutter wrote:
Lapehunter wrote:I can play very well with pretty good graphical settings, and the graphics look mostly good despite that problem that is shown in my picture. That is the one I need help with. How can I get rid of those broken trees, or can I? Is it Intels feature or something?
"anti-aliaising and anisotropic filtering, the best approach is just to crank them up and test the game."stole this line from calledonianbleus :D

but this wil fix your problem
"Crank up" means what? :D Raise or decrease? My language skills strike again!
Last edited by Lapehunter on November 8th, 2017, 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Image Image
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Lapehunter wrote:"Crank up" means what? :D Raise or decrease? My language skills strike again!
Crank up means raise. :)
Image Image Image
Lapehunter
Outfitter

Post by Lapehunter »

Thank you, found it myself too :D

But but, I can't raise MSAA, as you can read from the first post, it makes all objects blocky. I'll try to raise Anisotropic filtering.

Edit: No improvement.

Image Image

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”