Repeated download on Non-Steam launcher? Look here!

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
vsaet
Hunter

Re: Repeated download on Non-Steam launcher? Look here!

Post by vsaet »

Once again the same problem! :? The patch won't complete I go to steam like every time I copied the game BUT this ti,e the game give me an error and at the same time steam is called
I had the problem that steam was called before it was fixed and now again . But also the copy game from steam seems not working!
I think I will play from steam every time now but I think is not fair from devs to not fix the update system. :? :?
hunterPumpkinhead

Post by hunterPumpkinhead »

Please... Fix this full download everytime a patch hits...
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

I had the same problem, it kept downloading full installation.
I followed the instructions in the video in this thread.
The problem is fixed.
I now have two accounts, one on download and the other on Steam.

Please fix that patch problem, we should not have to go to this much trouble fixing it ourselves.
Spoiler:
twsmith

Post by twsmith »

Copy and paste doesn't appear to work for non-steam installs anymore. Now when I copy the game files over from my steam directory and run the game from thehunter launcher it gives me an error and opens steam. So, unless I'm mistaken, the workaround for non-steam installs no longer works.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

twsmith wrote:Copy and paste doesn't appear to work for non-steam installs anymore. Now when I copy the game files over from my steam directory and run the game from thehunter launcher it gives me an error and opens steam. So, unless I'm mistaken, the workaround for non-steam installs no longer works.
I had the same problem, yesterday. So, today with the Easter Event patch, I just deleted the Hunter from my PC..re-installed the launcher, and clicked 'hunt now'. It went right to full download, and started over at 44%, I let it go..went to 44% again, let it go...went to 44% again and then installed the game. Played already. No problems. Did not open Steam when I opened the launcher on the web site.

Good luck!

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

I am tired from that situation!
I uninstalled the web game and I play from Steam. I think it was what they want. Moving all players to Steam :(
Is the reason also that to copy game from steam to the web one during updating problems not work any more.
After 7 years of hunting I think I can say that EW is decreasing every day deeper in appreciation of hunter players.
Time to go away .......
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

vsaet wrote:I am tired from that situation!
I uninstalled the web game and I play from Steam. I think it was what they want. Moving all players to Steam :(
Is the reason also that to copy game from steam to the web one during updating problems not work any more.
After 7 years of hunting I think I can say that EW is decreasing every day deeper in appreciation of hunter players.
Time to go away .......
You could be right that they would prefer everyone to move to Steam, and I'm sure you can understand why, but I don't agree that their appreciation of their players is decreasing. In fact, on the contrary, I think they are getting better, much better, in that regard. They have been very open and honest lately, and extremely accommodating, going out of their way to ensure players are as informed as possible. (Check out the message from Adam Potts letting people know there is no immediate support available over the long weekend.) They said they are working on it, and at this point I have no reason to doubt that statement.
ballester_molina
Spotter

Post by ballester_molina »

Non-steam version is not supported or what? I don't have 'steam'.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

ballester_molina wrote:Non-steam version is not supported or what? I don't have 'steam'.
Read this whole thread for help. Let the launcher restart the download as many times as it wants. There is more than one download although the messages and sizes of the downloads are not correct or helpful. Let the download restart as many times as it takes until it starts to extract and install the game again. It will fix itself, but you have to let it finish. Do not stop it even if it restarts the download process several times. Post your results here. Jim.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

JimboCrow wrote:
ballester_molina wrote:Non-steam version is not supported or what? I don't have 'steam'.
Read this whole thread for help. Let the launcher restart the download as many times as it wants. There is more than one download although the messages and sizes of the downloads are not correct or helpful. Let the download restart as many times as it takes until it starts to extract and install the game again. It will fix itself, but you have to let it finish. Do not stop it even if it restarts the download process several times. Post your results here. Jim.
Is easy saying " let the launcher starting again and again until the game is fixed" what about people that not have a very speed internet connection? If they have to wait hours to download the game and every time a new parch comes they have to do it again and again were is the support of the team. And because i speak about team! have you seen who was leave the team a week ago? People that worked for years on the game. maybe that can say something about the future of the classic game ;)
For ending that discussion from my part I have to say that is not fair tricking with the game to push players going to Steam. If they are serious they have to say like for the new game. "the game can be played only via steam" Is the only accepted way. To let thinking that they can be fix an updating problem,for months now,is ridiculous.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”