Repeated download on Non-Steam launcher? Look here!

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
vsaet
Hunter

Re: Repeated download on Non-Steam launcher? Look here!

Post by vsaet »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
BiggAndrew24 wrote:So the new update was being installed today. The first attempt it got to 100% then the game browser crashed. The second attempt finished but now it's making me reinstall the entire game. Quite a frustrating thing tbh. Patches should only update existing files not replace and reinstall. Love the game but having to reinstall every patch is a bit much.
Try this. Go to Steam, install the game there if you haven't. Click on PLAY. It will automatically update. When its done, don't click PLAY..exit Steam. Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam..open that folder. Click on Steamapps...when it opens highlight GAME. Copy it. Exit. Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/The Hunter...open that folder..anywhere in there right click and then click PASTE. When its done open the Launcher from the web site. Voila!
[/quote]
Means,and i choose that method to,have 2 sane installations one on Steam the other in web ! Nice! I don't understand why the game download and patched perfectly on steam and why developers don't use the same method with the web launcher?
It's like they says "better is to go on Steam"! And excuse me but from the moment that EW was released the new game exclusively on Steam.............think what you want! ;)
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

One time again! patch failed and need to call Steam (AGAIN) to downloading the patch safely and copy the game to avoid downloading the entire game. It's a same! :(
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

Game Update 22nd March 2017:
Alena Rybik wrote: It looks like the patch is triggering a full download on web, our apologies for that. We will be looking into our patching system again in the upcoming weeks. Thank you for bearing with this.
Thanks for pointing out what (web launcher) patching looks like - for the last 2+ years. 8-)
- Anyway, no need to apologize, years of apologizing from various people in charge - and still experiencing the same problem. Do you even have a clue what those apologizing sounds - knowing that you (talking in general) did nothing, and you will do nothing except announce that someone "will be looking into" it for the n`th time. ( This is 6 months old topic; Repeated download...look here! - nothing to actually see but hey....the "Look here" sounds pretty promising )

Quoting every time someone officially announced that web launcher is being looked into or even that it is fixed would be ridiculous or just rude, but certain staff members could check some of their own (2015/ 2016) posts and try to imagine how it feels to be at the receiving end of the "wait few more days/weeks/months" fairy tale.....

p.s. I quoted Alena, here since i find it to be most appropriate place for my good-for-nothing lamentation........and, during this post the web-launcher patching that started 6 hours ago finally finished :) WOOHOA!! In your face Steam! :mrgreen:
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i don't know if this is what you are talking about. but the game has re-installed about four times since the last update...it's doing it right now... :(
Last edited by outrider on March 24th, 2017, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

As much as I was reluctant to abandon Thehunter I have finally given up and now only use steam.
Since I have steam starting at boot , by the time I have read my Emails and checked the forums I follow, any downloads and updates to my steam games are done and I never even see them happen. I just open the game and start playing.
Im just so over the hassle with Thehunter sites download problems.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

DanthemanBoone wrote:As much as I was reluctant to abandon Thehunter I have finally given up and now only use steam.
Since I have steam starting at boot , by the time I have read my Emails and checked the forums I follow, any downloads and updates to my steam games are done and I never even see them happen. I just open the game and start playing.
Im just so over the hassle with Thehunter sites download problems.
I'm sorry to say, but I believe the people who still refuse to use Steam are going to be like the people who played on XP and Vista. Eventually they are just going to be told that the game is on Steam, period. The choice will then be to play or not to play.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

outrider wrote:i don't know if this is what you are talking about. but the game has re-installed about four times since the last update...it's doing it right now... :(
Yeah, I'd say about 4 times and again, t'day. All for those furry lil' Goats. T'day I actually had to boost up my dwnldable Data. I know Data usage, heck we're in the 21st century, but, if Data type internet accounts is all ya can get, because of mountainous regions, what are you gonna do. I wasted I think 4.44 Gbs x 3 or 4 whatever it might be, that for me is over half of what my Internet Provider, provides. I know, I could us e "Steam" like many point out, but ... :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

BCKidd wrote:
outrider wrote:i don't know if this is what you are talking about. but the game has re-installed about four times since the last update...it's doing it right now... :(
Yeah, I'd say about 4 times and again, t'day. All for those furry lil' Goats. T'day I actually had to boost up my dwnldable Data. I know Data usage, heck we're in the 21st century, but, if Data type internet accounts is all ya can get, because of mountainous regions, what are you gonna do. I wasted I think 4.44 Gbs x 3 or 4 whatever it might be, that for me is over half of what my Internet Provider, provides. I know, I could us e "Steam" like many point out, but ... :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

aah, remember the good old days, when you only to do it now and then..... :lol:

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

outrider wrote:
BCKidd wrote:

BCKidd.

aah, remember the good old days, when you only to do it now and then..... :lol:
Oh I do, I most certainly do. The game tho' you have to admit has come a long way since then. Back then we only had the reserves that went up to RFF I think. :) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

yes, the game has come a long way. and i still support it. but like everything else in life, the more you do something, the better you get at it. so, to me, there is something off somewhere... it's a very strange thing. i have a desktop in the living room that i mainly use to watch missed programs from the television . but, i keep theHunter updated on it so from time to time i can hunt on a larger screen. the last updated installed without doing a complete installation....weird, huh..

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”