Repeated download on Non-Steam launcher? Look here!

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
jim1965
Scout

Re: Repeated download on Non-Steam launcher? Look here!

Post by jim1965 »

RuggedMuzzleloader wrote:well i was going to try this game out......BUT i cant download it ....keeps restarting the damn download. i have read the whole thread and nothing works.
now before you roast me for being a noob, i am not computer illiterate.

Welcome to theHunter!

Dear RuggedMuzzleloader,

Now you're a fully-fledged Journeyman hunter, welcome! You've just received the following rewards that will help you to get going:

Licences to hunt all animals
Access to all reserves
.243 Bolt-Action Rifle
9 Journeyman items (Scent eliminator, Ground blind, 4x32mm Scope, Deer "Bleat" Call, Black Pants, Gray T-Shirt, Trailrunner Boots, 8x42mm Binoculars & Compact Digital Camera)
Unlimited ammunition for all your weapons

Your Journeyman membership will expire in 3 days, after that you'll be able to choose whether to continue your hunting adventure as a guest or a paid member.
so anyways is there any other method to download or did i just waste my time here?
LOOK HERE https://youtu.be/qcmLzHV7CTo
jim1965
Scout

Post by jim1965 »

BeachyKeen wrote:Day 7 and still not able to play. :x
LOOK HERE https://youtu.be/qcmLzHV7CTo
samito25

Post by samito25 »

I cannot even download, when it reaches like 40% it just starts from beginning, repeatedly in 2 days now! Disappointing, since requirement is 8GB, I will never reach this like this!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

samito25 wrote:I cannot even download, when it reaches like 40% it just starts from beginning, repeatedly in 2 days now! Disappointing, since requirement is 8GB, I will never reach this like this!
Are you quitting the download, or restarting it, or restarting your computer when the download appears to start over? Or are you letting it continue? It will APPEAR to restart the download at least 3 times, but it IS NOT RESTARTING FROM THE BEGINNING! It is moving on to the second, and then to the third, parts of the download. The COUNTER IS RESETTING, so it appears to be starting all over again. Let it finish. It may even appear to restart 4 or 5 or even 6 times. LET IT FINISH!

If it completely stops on its own, or halts on an error, or starts the install and fails, close the launcher, restart your computer and try the launcher again. Do this as many times as it takes as well. I know, it's silly, but in most cases it works! Eventually it will complete the process correctly and you will be up and running. Don't ask me how or why. I don't know. I'm not sure anyone does.

HOWEVER, If it is repeatedly restarting the download every time, and IF YOU HAVE NOT SHUT IT DOWN or stopped it at any point for 2 full days, then you definitely have a more serious problem. Please let me know.
Lowlight
Tracker

Post by Lowlight »

I still have this bloody problem with every update.Takes on average 2 hours for me to download the full version only for the damned thing to restart at 0 when download finishes. :evil:
BiggAndrew24

Post by BiggAndrew24 »

So the new update was being installed today. The first attempt it got to 100% then the game browser crashed. The second attempt finished but now it's making me reinstall the entire game. Quite a frustrating thing tbh. Patches should only update existing files not replace and reinstall. Love the game but having to reinstall every patch is a bit much.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

BiggAndrew24 wrote:So the new update was being installed today. The first attempt it got to 100% then the game browser crashed. The second attempt finished but now it's making me reinstall the entire game. Quite a frustrating thing tbh. Patches should only update existing files not replace and reinstall. Love the game but having to reinstall every patch is a bit much.
Try this. Go to Steam, install the game there if you haven't. Click on PLAY. It will automatically update. When its done, don't click PLAY..exit Steam. Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam..open that folder. Click on Steamapps...when it opens highlight GAME. Copy it. Exit. Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/The Hunter...open that folder..anywhere in there right click and then click PASTE. When its done open the Launcher from the web site. Voila![/quote]

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Lowlight
Tracker

Post by Lowlight »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
BiggAndrew24 wrote:So the new update was being installed today. The first attempt it got to 100% then the game browser crashed. The second attempt finished but now it's making me reinstall the entire game. Quite a frustrating thing tbh. Patches should only update existing files not replace and reinstall. Love the game but having to reinstall every patch is a bit much.
Try this. Go to Steam, install the game there if you haven't. Click on PLAY. It will automatically update. When its done, don't click PLAY..exit Steam. Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam..open that folder. Click on Steamapps...when it opens highlight GAME. Copy it. Exit. Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/The Hunter...open that folder..anywhere in there right click and then click PASTE. When its done open the Launcher from the web site. Voila!
[/quote]

Thx man,worked for me.

Should not have to do it that way though.Hopefully they get the problem figured out for the next patch.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Lowlight wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
Try this. Go to Steam, install the game there if you haven't. Click on PLAY. It will automatically update. When its done, don't click PLAY..exit Steam. Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam..open that folder. Click on Steamapps...when it opens highlight GAME. Copy it. Exit. Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/The Hunter...open that folder..anywhere in there right click and then click PASTE. When its done open the Launcher from the web site. Voila!
Thx man,worked for me.

Should not have to do it that way though.Hopefully they get the problem figured out for the next patch.[/quote]

You're welcome. It has been that way for a long time for me. I just do that work around, and it's not a problem. There is a whole thread, including a video by Fletchette on these exact steps to take, in this forum. Somewhere. :)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Sunandy

Post by Sunandy »

Hi everybody! I had quite the same problems and found some interesting explanations ... and may be some solutions: There is more and more stoppage of traffic on our internet-highways, especially in rushhours. So it often happens that files are not or at least not completly downloaded, may be even corrupted. That's the reason for the repeated download, that tries to fill in the lacks. So the first hint may actually be to let the program finish it's work. But if it doesn't succeed or it simply lasts too long, you have to find and eliminate the stoppage-factors:

1. Desactivate all services burdening the background-internet-traffic which you don't really need.
2. If you are using a WLAN, put your computer close to the router or connect it with ethernet.
3. Check your internet-connectivity with a WiFi-analyser and change your canal if needed. If there is none in a more or less free zone, it will help to download in times with less traffic.
4. Check your internet-speed with an appropriate tester-app (you have to do this several times in different moments). If the speed is less than 10-15 Mb/s or if there is too much fluctuation in a range up to 25 Mb/s, may be you should change your internet-service to get a faster one. If you have potentially enough speed (>25 Mb/s) but just the problem of fluctuation, respect all the points mentioned before, engage downloads out of rushhours and in any case inform your internet-service.

I hope my experiences will help you - best wishes!
Sunandy

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”