Game keeps crashing

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Braeden121

Game keeps crashing

Post by Braeden121 »

I've had no to little problem in the past with this game, I go on vacation for labor day I come back and it crashes everytime after I spent 30 on decoys and a new dog. What can I do to make it stop crashing?????
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Game keeps crashing

Post by caledonianblues »

Moved to <Support & Technical Issues>
Braeden121 wrote:What can I do to make it stop crashing?????
Nobody can answer that until we know why your game is crashing, and exactly what happens when the game crashes. Are you running the game via Steam, or from the regular website and launcher?

Can you provide some details on your system specs? When you open the launcher, what version and build of the game does it show in the top-left?
Braeden121

Post by Braeden121 »

caledonianblues wrote:Moved to <Support & Technical Issues>
Braeden121 wrote:What can I do to make it stop crashing?????
Nobody can answer that until we know why your game is crashing, and exactly what happens when the game crashes. Are you running the game via Steam, or from the regular website and launcher?

Can you provide some details on your system specs? When you open the launcher, what version and build of the game does it show in the top-left?
I play on a laptop usually get 30 frames on lower settings AMD A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5 graphics 2.00ghz. 4gb ram. runs the game just fine for me.
Launcher is EXPANSIVE WORLDS LAUNCHER (v770 / v2016090201 / Steam)
I run it through steam but use to use the launcher have been running with steam for a long time never had any problems with it. When It crashes I find a game press start hunt or whatever then it tries the map for about 4 minutes and then it just closes and sends me a game crashed message through the launcher. Very annoying when I pay money for the game then it dosen't work
Hamox

Post by Hamox »

Braeden121 wrote:Very annoying when I pay money for the game then it dosen't work
The game works just fine, I had zero crashes with it. The problem is most likely related to your laptop.
The game is known to make graphics cards run very hot. Laptops use very tiny fans, have very little air mass inside, the surface of a laptop is too small to conduct heat to the surrounding air, plus laptops are more sensitive too overheating by a build-up of dust. Other games will probably not crash, because most games don't run as hot as this one. Download some freeware tool to check the temperatures of your CPU and GPU and blow some dust out.
Braeden121

Post by Braeden121 »

Hamox wrote:
Braeden121 wrote:Very annoying when I pay money for the game then it dosen't work
The game works just fine, I had zero crashes with it. The problem is most likely related to your laptop.
The game is known to make graphics cards run very hot. Laptops use very tiny fans, have very little air mass inside, the surface of a laptop is too small to conduct heat to the surrounding air, plus laptops are more sensitive too overheating by a build-up of dust. Other games will probably not crash, because most games don't run as hot as this one. Download some freeware tool to check the temperatures of your CPU and GPU and blow some dust out.
Before this all it did was not let me start and give me errors
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

I have similar laptop (AMD A8 with Radeon graphics) and it's often causing problems. In last days it's overheating a lot, I cleaned every single piece of it (there was some dust around the fan) but the temperature is still rising up to 80°C quite often during the game. A homemade stand to prevent overheating helps but after the last update it's barely useful. I guess it's just a coincidence that it's happening just now since other players are not reporting any problems with higher temperatures.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

Actually my laptop is getting hotter now. It use to only get up to about 100 degrees Farenheit but now it is getting up to 160
wiizzi
Scout

Post by wiizzi »

Start Duration Reserve Lodge Collectables Kills
2016-09-08 00:45 01s Redfeather Falls Tent 0 0
2016-09-08 00:45 01s Redfeather Falls Tent 0 0
2016-09-08 00:44 00s Redfeather Falls Tent 0 0
2016-09-08 00:44 01s Redfeather Falls Tent 0 0
2016-09-08 00:43 01s Redfeather Falls Tent 0 0
i try to start a session on rff.and game keep crashing. that eat my attempts on Laura Francese comp. ((((

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I got a "KLIM" adaptor to cool my Laptop as it was getting hot and stuttering after around 30mins in TGT or Peekaboo, but now 3.5 hours and no worries at all in higher settings. Seems to have done the trick however a decent mainframe is on the cards for sure..... anyone have any tips as to how to convince a wife that a new PC is soooooo important and must be purchased like yesterday if the human race is to survive..... oh oh and does it say "gaming PC" on the box.... never noticed.... I asked the guy for a midrange family/internet/multimedia one.... but who am I to argue wiith an expert.... :? :roll:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”