Crash crash crash crash crash crash crash

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
BCKidd

Re: Crash crash crash crash crash crash crash

Post by BCKidd »

:shock: 6.5 hrs? That must suck. I was afraid that I'd have to do another complete game install, as for your confidence it will come back. Once you think things through. Did you have to do an install with 10? Or did I read above or on another thread that this happened by accident? Did you have plans to go to 10? I've heard that once a person figures it out, security etc., that it is actually a pretty decent OS. Let's hope your Mother-Board is equipped for 10, otherwise, I'd swipe it down and return to whatever previous OS you had. You'll fee a lot more comfortable, even if it takes a week to do... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Longmann
Scout

Re: RE: Re: Crash crash crash crash crash crash crash

Post by Longmann »

BCKidd wrote:Okay, fine and dandy, does that mean I need to reinstall the entire 3.5 GB game download again? And if so, why isn't there a driver notifier or somethin' that would let users know before the game downloads- that "You are Missing... such and such driver. Please install driver and launch game download again. Instead of waiting to tell us after the download that we're missin' this piece or that piece, driver, program. etc.") That way we can be notified before we knock off 3.5 GB of data, that we're missing something. Why tell us after the game downloads? Just so we have to uninstall, reinstall and knock of yet another 3.5 GB of data. Remember not everyone has unlimited Data. If I have to reinstall the entire game again, with all the updates etc's that I needed to get to get my PC up and running again on Win 7.... I'll have no data left. :? :roll: We should be notified in the launcher what it is we are missing, if we are indeed missing anything. Not after the dang game installs. That makes no sense whatsoever. :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.
Why don't you put the installation folder downloaded with Steam on a usb stick or somewhere and than just copy paste it instead of downloading the whole game? If you are able to install Windows it should be really simple for you. It saves a lot of data and time.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
TrackerGreg
Spotter

Post by TrackerGreg »

My two cents about all this: since the Scent hound was released, my game client keeps doing the same thing - after every 2 - 2.5 hours of play it crashes. It doesn't matter if I'm in single player, hosting or playing as a guest in multiplayer. It's happening if I have my Bluetick Coonhound with me or not. The reserve I'm at is also irrelevant (had crashes on VDB, WH, RFF). Sometimes it crashes if I go into inventory, other times when opening/closing the map. Right afterwards the mandatory DirectX dialogue pops up and runs a diagnostics, finding absolutely nothing wrong on my system.

My (brand new) PC specs:
-Intel i5 6600
-MSI nVidia GeForce 960 GTX 4GB VRAM (WHQL drivers 368.22 from May 23rd)
-16GB Kingston HyperX Fury RAM
-Crucial BX100 250GB SSD (OS and the Hunter on this one)
-OS Windows 10 Home edition 64-bit (fully patched)

Click here for the pastebin link for the DirextX system info

Now, I'm not flipping out much because of this, but I read above that many players who have invested much more time and money into theHunter than I have, are seriously grinding their teeth because of this. I sincerely hope you guys and gals at EW are working hard on this issue. I personally don't mind if you need to delay releasing any new content because of this, please fix what is essentially a game-breaking (and serious at that) flaw, and the faster the better.
5th Tenet of the Hunter Ethics:
Behave in a way that will bring no dishonour to either the hunter, the hunted, or the environment.
(source: Boone & Crockett Club web site)

My Lifetime stats @UHCapps
Spoiler:
jlferrell
Hunter

Post by jlferrell »

I have had no issues at all with game crashes, but many in Whiteout have been having major issues on Whiterime. They do not report issues on other maps at this time.

One thing we have noticed is that I have Directx v. 11, OS Win 8.1, whereas they are all running Win 10 and Directx 12. I'm not an expert by any means but I wonder if this is a coincidence?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

jlferrell wrote:One thing we have noticed is that I have Directx v. 11, OS Win 8.1, whereas they are all running Win 10 and Directx 12. I'm not an expert by any means but I wonder if this is a coincidence?
Interestingly, what you have is what I had! now I have the latter- win10 and X12 - I might be wrong, but I went from great to garbage.

And BC, NO I did not plan to or approve of, the upgrade to 10 - I came back from going to dinner and my computer was already in the middle of the process. I feel like I was robbed at gunpoint honestly.

and to add about the blood hounds - I was in the beta and hunted several reserves including WRR and had no problems at all! I did the missions, of which WRR was one, no problems- only after the win 10 has it went to crap.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Same here. Had Windows 7 on my old PC - no problems except with long MP games that sometimes crashed. Got a brand new PC with Windows 10 and DX12 - and it got a lot worse regarding stability. How does this happen?
No way I'm going back to the old rig or Win7...
Image Image Image
Durkaderr
Spotter

Post by Durkaderr »

TrackerGreg wrote:My two cents about all this: since the Scent hound was released, my game client keeps doing the same thing - after every 2 - 2.5 hours of play it crashes. It doesn't matter if I'm in single player, hosting or playing as a guest in multiplayer. It's happening if I have my Bluetick Coonhound with me or not. The reserve I'm at is also irrelevant (had crashes on VDB, WH, RFF). Sometimes it crashes if I go into inventory, other times when opening/closing the map. Right afterwards the mandatory DirectX dialogue pops up and runs a diagnostics, finding absolutely nothing wrong on my system.
This is EXACTLY what is happening to me.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

@ Rad, I wonder if that is what is going on with my PC. Does Microsoft simply install Win 10? Cause currently, I have something downloading in the back ground and I can't get to it, or don't know how- this thing that is going on in the background is gobbling up my RAM- whereas I usually run at 18-20% I'm not hitting high 70's and 80's even seen a couple of 90's. Every time I restart, I have to force the background thing to stop. I wonder if Microsoft is doing to me what they did to you Rad? :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
PcKiller
Hunter

Post by PcKiller »

I7 4930K 5.0GHz 6 Core
Rampage IV Extreme X79
32GB DDR3 1866MHz
SSD 1TB Samsung 840
1TB WD Black Caviar
TRI SLI GTX 780 3GB
HydroLux Level 3 Strike-X
Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 by 1440
Windows 10
and I still crash.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

jlferrell wrote:One thing we have noticed is that I have Directx v. 11, OS Win 8.1, whereas they are all running Win 10 and Directx 12. I'm not an expert by any means but I wonder if this is a coincidence?
I'm running Windows 10 and have no problems whatsoever. Since the release of Whiterime Ridge I've crashed I think 3 times in total, each one triggered by too much alt-tabbing. Even on Whiterime Ridge I can sit and load the map repeatedly without so much as a hiccup. Others say that instantly crashes their game. Same with inventory. I can go in and out of it all day long if I want. It has zero impact on my game.

In my opinion the majority of crashes are caused by an issue within the game engine itself, most likely a memory issue.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”