people with 144hz monitors please look

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
ronMctube
Chat Logger

people with 144hz monitors please look

Post by ronMctube »

well by accident yesterday i launched theHunter and i was messing with my monitor and checked the HZ while ingame and it reads as 60HZ! :shock:

even though i have used the option in the graphics for 144hz.now every other game i play is 144hz according to my monitor.

can someone else who plays at 144hz go in game dont minimize stay normal ingame as if playing then check your monitor OSD for the HZ it says you playing at and confirm .thanks. ;)

i seen someone else mention this recently about the game and also if you google people playing theHunter primal are unable to play at higher hz resolutions.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: people with 144hz monitors please look

Post by Fletchette »

Both theHunter and Primal play at 144Hz for me, confirmed with both the ShadowPlay OSD and FRAPS.
Personal Bests...
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well im trying msi afterburner and it is saying in every other game but the hunter 144hz. actually in game its 60hz.

will try shadow play now.

how you checking with shadow play the monitor hz thanks !

well if i use v sync in theHunter im getting 60 hz with both shadow play and msi after burner.all my other games are with v sync 144hz.

could you tell me the exact nvidia options you are using and in game thanks.
Cireme
Master Competitor

Post by Cireme »

NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > Preferred refresh rate > Highest available

It's the only solution to run theHunter (and some other games - even recent ones like HITMAN) at 144 Hz in fullscreen.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

its weird as all my other games except thehunter run at 144hz without that option. i just swapped that in the nvidia panel will try now. ;)
Cireme
Master Competitor

Post by Cireme »

Fletchette wrote:Both theHunter and Primal play at 144Hz for me, confirmed with both the ShadowPlay OSD and FRAPS.
I think you are mixing up frame rate and refresh rate. Both Fraps and ShadowPlay display the frame rate. To see the refresh rate, you have to check your monitor OSD.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Cireme wrote:
Fletchette wrote:Both theHunter and Primal play at 144Hz for me, confirmed with both the ShadowPlay OSD and FRAPS.
You are mixing up frame rate and refresh rate. Both Fraps and Shadowplay display the frame rate. To see the refresh rate, you have to check your monitor OSD.
no what i been doing to make sure the refresh rate is working is trying v sync so fraps shows the fps which would be capped to 144 then ;) . my monitor was only showing 60 in the OSD.

i figured it out now with help from you but its far from ideal.

basically if i select fullscreen in the game options and 144hz.i cant get 144hz in game.

if i untick full screen i can get 144hz.

so i need to find out why that is or is it a game bug ?

the thing is if i play at my res and not fullscreen i need to alt enter to get it full that then send the picture different colours.

is there a different nvidia setting ? talk about messing about :D

if i join a game full screen go in normal at my res 2560x1440x144hz the hz will be 60hz. if i alt enter i will get 144hz. so why is this ?
Cireme
Master Competitor

Post by Cireme »

ronMctube wrote:so i need to find out why that is or is it a game bug ?
Yes it's an old engine bug that will most likely never get fixed, like the squished 16:10 aspect ratio resolutions.
ronMctube wrote:if i join a game full screen go in normal at my res 2560x1440x144hz the hz will be 60hz. if i alt enter i will get 144hz. so why is this ?
When you press Alt-Enter, the game switches from exclusive fullscreen to windowed borderless fullscreen and starts to use the desktop refresh rate (144 Hz here) instead of his own one (60 Hz).

You should try to switch back to exclusive fullscreen again (by pressing Alt-Enter one more time) and see if the game sticks with the desktop refresh rate.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

tried alt enter then back refresh doesn't stick :(

weird.

so annoying cause every other game is fine. :D
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Cireme wrote:
I think you are mixing up frame rate and refresh rate. Both Fraps and ShadowPlay display the frame rate. To see the refresh rate, you have to check your monitor OSD.
Ordinarily you would be correct, but I neglected to mention that I'm also running G-Sync, so FPS = Refresh Rate.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”