Game crash - Code 16005

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Game crash - Code 16005

Post by Violator31 »

Well, I was trying to hunt over a barrel because I wasn't going to filling it again for a week or so, & it was at 100%.

Does this happen in SP - MP? single player SP
- If MP, are you host or client?
What version of the game do you currently have? I am using Steam because the original launcher was downloading so slow
How often does this happen? yesterday & again today, other than that it's been awhile
Tried different drivers for your graphic card? no
What have you tried to do in order to get past the problem? I don't know what causes it much less what to do to avoid it
What do you think causes the crash? I have no idea
Steps to reproduce, what did you do before it crashed? I was in a tripod & shot a brown bear (Hemmeldal) with the long bow. I watched it run up & over a hill. I gave it a few minutes then when to retrieve it. When I was watching it thru the binos the screen looked as though I blinked. Right after that the clouds started moving very quick back & forth. That's when I decided I'd better get it quick because it was about to crash. I went up & found it, right over the hill. Harvested it & started back to the tripod & my hunt was over, and my barrel % dropped.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

After the 16005 bug is fixed, are we going to get a week or 2 of double stats, to help recover what we've lost in hunts that haven't ended correctly?
Feldhaseman
Spotter

Post by Feldhaseman »

Yesterday i was hosting a session and after a player was joining the game the game crashes to desktop with no error message or something else.... the hunt was done.
Yansko
Tracker

Post by Yansko »

22SAS_Wimp wrote:I give up.
Just for a test, try to set your "Scene Complexity" on "HIGH", and Sync ON
see if you have less crash

I have just one crash on last 10 days. no perfect but i can play
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Yansko wrote:

Most of your hunts are well under 3 hours which makes a huge difference. 3 of 4 of my crashes last few weeks have been on 3+ hr hunts (including just now). Trying to keep my hunt durations no more than 2-2.5 hrs and mostly no issues, some of these travel missions with the harvest requirements no so short hunt friendly though.
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

The length of time this error has existed is beyond rediculous...

Ingame name: Boudreaux
Write your computers specification below
Cpu: AMD 8350
GPU (Use SLI or crossfire?): SLI 2X GTX 980 4 GB SUPERCLOCKED
Ram: 16GB

Does this happen in SP - MP? MP
- If MP, are you host or client? MOSTLY WHEN CLIENT, BUT HAPPENS WHEN HOSTING ALSO
What version of the game do you currently have? THE MOST CURRENT AS OF THE LAST PATCH THRU STEAM ON OR ABOUT 1-25-2016.
How often does this happen? DAMN NEAR EVERY DAY
Tried different drivers for your graphic card? DUH, YES
What have you tried to do in order to get past the problem? HAVE RAN THE GAME IN 5760X1080 ON 3 SCREENS, TURNED OFF SLI AND RUN IN 1920X1080, TURNED ON SLI AND RUN IN 1920X1080
What do you think causes the crash? CRAPPY CODING, DATED ENGINE
Steps to reproduce, what did you do before it crashed? IT IS ALWAYS RANDOM, SOMETIMES ON COLLECTING AN ANIMAL, SOMETIMES JUST AFTER FAST TRAVELING TO EXISTING LODGE, SOMETIMES WHEN SOMEBODY ELSE COLLECTS AN ANIMAL, SOMETIMES WHEN SOME RANDOM PLAYER FARTS? WHO KNOWS?

I know I didn't provide much info other than my system specs, but this problem is unacceptable. Over $1100 USD spent on myself and my 2 kids since the game came out in early 2009. Think I've proven to be a reliable customer. That time is swiftly coming to an end thanks to this ********.
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

Yansko wrote:

Alright, I'll give it a try, thanks. ;)
Timpe198

Post by Timpe198 »

Ingame name: Timpe198
Cpu: i5 2500K
GPU (Use SLI or crossfire?): GTX 960
Ram: 8GB

Does this happen in SP - MP? Both, MP as a host and client
What version of the game do you currently have? Latest patch
How often does this happen? pretty often, maybe every second session/map
Tried different drivers for your graphic card? Yes
What have you tried to do in order to get past the problem? Tried different drivers for GPU
What do you think causes the crash? Latest updates, had no problems before
Steps to reproduce, what did you do before it crashed? ALT+TABBED to windows
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Walking in WRR. Tracking buffalo. The FPS kept dropping way down (I get that every time I go there). I didn't see the buffalo yet but the HM let me know they weren't too far away. Then it crashed.
Too bad to, because that could easily be my favorite map, but the last time I was able to complete a hunt there was on January 12th.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Hubert
Tracker

Post by Hubert »

Ingame name: WildKlaus
Cpu: i7 3770 3.4 Ghz
GPU : ZOTAC GTX780 Ti AMP edition 3GB VRAM
Ram: 8 GB
It happens in SP and MP (no matter if I host the game or not)

I have the last version of the game... OBVIOUSLY. As long as the game engine updates itself when you start the launcher, this question is obsolete.
How often does this happen? Enough often to annoy me everytime it does.
Tried different drivers for your graphic card? I have the last ones for my videocard which, by the way, work excellent with all other (new) games I play, including online games like The Hunter.
What have you tried to do in order to get past the problem? I restarted the game, obviously. There is no other magical solution until you don't solve it at YOUR end.
What do you think causes the crash? bad programming, poor skill of your programmers which is translated in bad memory allocation units, bad memory optimizing, video memory pool lower than it should be.
Steps to reproduce, what did you do before it crashed? there are so many situations , there is no space here to elaborate. It crashes random so it doesn't matter anymore what happens previous this point. It can crash out of the blue while walking, while wating for an animal to come and looking through scopes, when you try to harvest it etc. It can crash after 5 minutes, it can crash after 5 hours. The more you stay in the game, the more chances to crash I noticed. Also it crashes if I use ALT TAB combination (but not all the time)
I use the maximum settings for the game. I use a UHD monitor AOC and play the game in 2560x1440 resolution.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”