Update problems ?

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Brenda

Update problems ?

Post by Brenda »

Hei there, I tried installing the new update, but something`s wrong. When I start the game, I get the normal Emote launcher with graphics settings, I press play, but after a few seconds with a blurry screen, I get back to the "Go hunting" screen. Another guy wrote that you could turn off your firewall and anti-virus program, and reinstall the game/updater. Is there a place where you can reinstall the update, or do you have to reinstall the whole game ?, thanks for any replys ...
steveharris
Outfitter

Re: Update problems ?

Post by steveharris »

Hi Brenda.

I would suggest that you email support with all the details at [email protected].
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

ok; problem fixed. When I installed the new update, I got an error message at the end of installing. Game wouldnt launch from the Go Hunting page. I turned off my firewall and reinstalled the game and the launcher (uninstalled the launcher), AND NOW IT WORKS !!!. Lovely!, best hunting game I ve played (bra jobb grabbar). : )
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

I guess I'll have to try that Brenda, as I'm having the same issue. I'm curious as to why the game worked once after the new patch was installed and now it won't work???

I'm not keen about turning off my firewall and logically one shouldn't have to do such an action just to download this patch. I've never had any problems with patching before. Why now?

edit: what type of firewall/antivirus are you running? I wonder if it is an issue solely with Eset. That is what I use.

edit/edit: it seems to be a problem with ESET seeing the Emote launcher as having "virus-like" characteristics. Restoring the file from quarantine allows the game to work properly. I will run a full virus scan and report back if it is still a problem. I also will email support to let them know of this issue.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”