Tip of the week [COLLECTION]

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Tip of the week [COLLECTION]

Post by Alena Rybik »

Tips of the week October 16th 2014

If you have multiple feeders for the same species on a map they will be listed in a specific order in the launcher under the heading "Broadcast Feeders". The first one shown will be the one with all the traffic when starting your session.
- Deconstructed

When spotting animals with your binos, hold your binos still on an area and search that area with your eyes, then move binos to another area and search that area with your eyes, instead of constantly moving your binos.
- XINTIMID88ORX

This might be obvious, but it helped me lot.
If you don't like the shadows / dark areas in the east side of Val-des-Bois, set your starting time at noon, or 11 AM or so.
You'll have a fantastic big floodlight above you!
- Flanker305
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Tips of the week October 31st 2014

Always keep the wind in your face. Take note of the leaves blowing in the wind or use your wind indicator. Trophy animals are more wary and have better senses than smaller animals. If you take away their dominant sense of smell by staying downwind of your prey you'll have a much better chance of bagging a trophy.
- M0UNTAINMAN

When waterfowl hunting, turn your tracks off to enhance the experience. You can turn them back on when its time to collect your birds.
- MoonpieSpotlight

When you start sliding down a hillside, many times you can avoid being hurt if you turn towards the slope and keep walking or running. This will slow down the falling.
- HooCairs
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Tips of the week November 7th 2014

If you want to look around, stand still and do not move. Screen movement reduces attentiveness of your eyes.
- Blind Mole

Huntermate always makes a *beep* signal when locating a fresh call/track. If you step on a "clicked" track or hear old call again, HunterMate doesn't beep. It's nice feature if you are tracking a couple or more animals.
- Tadi

PHEASANT HUNTING - easy tip

Approach the pheasant, which you've been spotting, by normal walking (or sprint, but not closer than appr. 30 meters, then walk). When you are about 15-30 meters away:
1) prepare your shotgun and point it a little above peasant - press SPACE to hold breath
2) press F (your hunter will whistle LOUD) to flush him into the air
3) shoot just when he starts flying vertically

Job done, you can bring it to your wife for tasty broth soup.
- Dagon
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Tip of the week November 14th 2014

If you are new to bear hunting and have a low tracking level, the Huntermate will not give you weight estimations. You can still find large bears if you focus on the size of the footprints. There is quite a difference in the size of footprints form small vs. large bears. Follow large footprints and your bear at the head of the trail, and ultimately its score will be high with a great likelihood.
- HooCairs
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Tip of the week November 21st 2014

Deactivate "auto-reload" in options when hunting animals that charge you when using very slow to reload weapons (eg: tenpoint). It's quicker to change weapon for your revolver before a charge, getting a maybe "saving your life" shot than reloading.
- BlakBat
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Tips of the week November 28th 2014

If you're not into pheasant hunting, and you therefore don't need the 'Make sound' key (F), assign it to the N (for example).
Now you can use the F key for other things, like Holster. It's next to the 'move' keys and became very handy for me.
- Flanker305

I made my F key for HunterMate, and the whistle key is Y (to keep it farther from fingers). In my opinion, the whistle key shouldn't be "near" fingers, because when you are shooting birds you are not moving - you are standing still. In that case movement keys are not needed.
- Tadi
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Tip of the week December 12th 2014

The side you enter a waterfowl blind or a tent from is also the side you exit it when you press E, even if you are facing one of the other sides. Sometimes this is useful when you want to take a quick shot outside the cover of the equipment as you know where you are going to face exiting or just simply choose the most efficient and protected side to enter and exit.
- Gostwind
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Tip of the week January 16th 2015

When bow hunting I use my Rangefinder binoculars to identify some landmarks (rocks, trees, shade/sun lines, etc.) near me that are within comfortable target range, so I will have an idea of how to aim when an animal finally comes in.
- vill
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Tip of the week January 24th 2015

How good animals can see and especially hear your is mainly depending on your movement speed (whether you are walking, crouching or crawling). You can use a trick and go into "aim mode" with any unscoped rifle. This will make your character move even slower then normal. So instead of crouching you could walk and activate aim mode. Instead of going prone you could crouch with aim mode. This will make you also walk slower but with a better point of view on the terrain.
- KingdaKa
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Tip of the week January 30th 2015

Some of the competitions and missions require killing an animal/bird less than 30 meters, I can't count the times I shot them further than 30 meters and it did not count. :roll: And when shooting the red fox and coyotes, I wouldn't get far enough from where I sprayed (say 18 meters), and they would spook before I could raise my weapon (too close).

Now when I compete in these competitions/missions, I set my Goose decoy up in a place where I can crawl away 25 meters and shoot while I'm prone. (Many times on uneven terrain, you cannot raise or lower your weapon).

I call by the decoy, then spray it with scent. Then I go to my ambush spot and with the Rangefinder binocs, place myself 25 meters away,...and wait. When I position for my shot, I try to partially hide myself behind a tree, rock, or in the grass, I do not lie in the open.
- Cutch

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”