mouse&look Sensativity!

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Gazaroo
Hunter

mouse&look Sensativity!

Post by Gazaroo »

Is there any chance you can please take a look at both ''Look Sensativity'' and ''Mouse Sensativity''
There so slow! i use a high end Gaming mouse i have Razer ouroboros both RAT 7 and RAT 9.. I use them all the time for the progressive Gaming i do. Each have Quality DPI settings upto 8600! DPI which is seriously 'Sensative'' But still using all 3 of them on here and i randomly keep altering the look and aim sensativity on the game options and still its all too slow! Like everything i am trying just does not seem to fucntion correctly. nothing wrong with my ''Mice'' It's the game settings really need to be altered so can sustain quality Sensativity.
Would appreciate if you could take some time and look into maybe ''Tweaking'' both settings so those with quality mice can benefit from it.
Thanks Kindly.
Hawkeman
Outfitter

Re: mouse&look Sensativity!

Post by Hawkeman »

Thats some high end mice you have and with a very high dpi...

I have a ordinary gaming mouse, Logitech G 500 with a up to 4600 dpi and I dont have any problems with setting or adjusting speed or sccuracy in the mouse settings: Aiming or looking. I can go from very slow movement to realy fast.
So fast it is impossibel to use... fore me..

I dont think the problem is in the game... But I am no technical mouse expert in setting up the mouse.. so I might be wrong..

HUMOR IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
Gazaroo
Hunter

Post by Gazaroo »

Like i said i know my gaming hardware and software. I am very uptodate with the technicalitys when it comes to gaming rigs. DPI on all mice work severly out of the game tried that by minimising game n viewing on my desktop. So bit of a mystery this is..
Tenbulls
Hunter

Post by Tenbulls »

Try turning vsync off and see if you notice a difference.
JasonP31
Outfitter

Post by JasonP31 »

OP, others here don't have this issue so it's isolated to you and your PC. Let us know what you figure out, or if you need additional help.
Vaulcan
Scout

Post by Vaulcan »

I have sort of the same problem, its like no matter how slow and easy you move the mouse your "look" always moves blocky, or like jumpy, hard to explain, its only with The Hunter too. its not massively jumpy but with super smooth graphics that i have are a bit ruined ones i try to move my head ever so slow
Gazaroo
Hunter

Post by Gazaroo »

Vaulcan wrote:I have sort of the same problem, its like no matter how slow and easy you move the mouse your "look" always moves blocky, or like jumpy, hard to explain, its only with The Hunter too. its not massively jumpy but with super smooth graphics that i have are a bit ruined ones i try to move my head ever so slow
Aye you and me both mate.. Not a big problem but would of been nice to have the Super speeds of the mouse movements espesh with my rig/setup.
but can't complain we are playing this for free.
draeath
Hunter

Post by draeath »

I'm having this problem too.

I can move my cursor completely across my screen in about 1.5 inches of movement. In game, that same movement equates to about 2 degrees of rotation.

Interesting note: if I use the on-mouse utilities to double my sensitivity, it works... unless I happen to alt-tab out. In which case, when I return it's slow again. If I reduce the sensitivity back, it goes even slower.

So, there is definitely something strange about the way the game is handling it.

This changed within the last few patches (last I'd played was a month ago I think, and it worked normally then)

I will try playing with a "normal" DPI, since I can change that. Will follow up soon with the results.

OK, There seemed to be very little difference in-game between the following:
  • 3500 DPI @ 1000hz
  • 1800 DPI @ 500hz
  • 900 DPI @ 500hz
  • 450 DPI @ 500hz
  • 450 DPI @ 125hz
I got the most significant change when dropping from 500hz to 125hz, but not for the better (it got worse).

As it stands, with my in-game sensitivity cranked up, the game is unusable. Movement is fine at that point, however I lose all fine precision - there's no way to finely aim at that point. I might as well be playing with a gamepad at that point. This leads me to suspect:
Does the game -expect- mouse acceleration to be enabled? Is it tested with a particular threshold, if it is? I had to turn this off as it's unbearable with this DPI. See my settings above, the "On" actually means off (it glows, if on. stupid, but there it is :P)

THAT WAS IT. Turned mouse acceleration back on. Although I can barely use my desktop or any other game, the The Hunter is back to almost normal. I had to bump the in-game sensitivity up 2 stops but it works fine now.

Can this get fixed? It's going to get old, fast, having to constantly turn that on and off just to play The Hunter.
JasonP31
Outfitter

Post by JasonP31 »

Seems like this issue might be isolated to Razor and their software. You can't expect a game to support every single mouse and it's software that is in the market, just like game controllers.
PicSoul
Hunter

Post by PicSoul »

Can you set up a separate profile for theHunter and just switch between the two? That is what i do with my Logitech G700. I do it to assign shortcuts to the buttons not to fix a sensitivity issue. I have no issues with mouse movement or speed.

Forgot to add, I do have one weird issue when it comes to the mouse. My mouse works great while in game until... I go into the inventory or main menu, then it seems to slow WAY down. Odd i know!

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”