Explanation of Graphical Settings for theHunter

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Ludante
Outfitter

Re: Explanation of Graphical Settings for theHunter

Post by Ludante »

I have a question, I was playing this game with old GPU Sapphire Radeon HD 5700 1GB DDR5 and I never got totally nice picture in the game..it was always blurry watching from distance in some parts like in VDB while hunting Ibex.

Now I have slightly better GPU and I am still receiving this blurry visual for ex. when I am standing on top of the mountain watching down hill. To be more specific when I walk down the hill (from the highest snow peak - Bighorn area) in TT I am having 55-60 frames per second but when I look to the mountins on the opposite side it looks like million of ants are walking over those mountains (like pixels are moving).

Could you please recommend the best in-game settings for my specification (with all the details - vertical sync, screen resolution, texture details..etc)? I am also recording videos for youtube..

Thank you in advance!

Specs:
AMD X4 860K up to 4.0 GHz
8 gb RAM
HDD SATA
Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB DDR5

I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

No one will probably answer this but I will post anyway. I recently upgraded my pc:
AMD X4 860K up to 4.0 GHz
8 gb RAM
SSD
GTX 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5

and I am experiencing the same issues at Timbergold Trails. Graphics high settings are little bit off, I am having 55-60 frames per second but again when I look to the mountains on the opposite side it looks like million of ants are walking over those mountains (like pixels are moving). Also the trees in the distance are "sparkling".

Also, when I open Nvidia GeForce Experience and scan the games The Hunter is not on the list, also as supported games:
http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experien ... rted-games

Maybe I am looking at the whole thing the wrong way, any thoughts?
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Ludante wrote: Also, when I open Nvidia GeForce Experience and scan the games The Hunter is not on the list, also as supported games:
http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experien ... rted-games

Maybe I am looking at the whole thing the wrong way, any thoughts?
TheHunter has never been a "supported game" in the GeForce Experience or the Nvidia Control Panel. That doesn't really mean anything other than it's just not a large AAA title, so Nvidia doesn't provide optimized driver defaults. It still runs fine and is supported by the NVidia drivers as a DirectX 9 game, but you need to set the driver settings manually in the NVidia Control Panel.

Just open the NVidia Control Panel, go to Manage 3D Settings, then choose the "Program Settings" tab. If you don't see a profile for "theHunter.exe", then add one.

You can try different settings until you find what you like. Here is what I'm current using, but some of your options may be different because you have a different GPU and Monitor.

BTW, what is your monitor? What resolution are you playing at? What is the response rate of the monitor.

Also, playing in "full screen" mode look usually looks much better that Windowed mode, IMO.
Personal Bests...
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Hi Fletchette, thank you for your answer..I don`t have similar issues in Logger`s Point for example, the graphics are much better. The settings in my Nvidia Control Panel are pretty much the same, I turned on Vertical Sync and Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance. The monitor is Samsung SyncMaster P2450, response rate I think 2ms. Resolution 1920x1080.

Should I turn on Vertical Sync in-game settings as well?

This is recorded with ShadowPlay and high-settings at LP. Rendered with Windows Movie Maker.

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Ludante wrote: Should I turn on Vertical Sync in-game settings as well?
VSYNC really shouldn't effect the image details that much. The reason to turn it on is if you are getting more than 60FPS and that is causing screen-tearing on your monitor. Most monitors, including yours I assume, run at 60 Hz, so they can only display 60 FPS regardless if your GPU is sending out frames faster than that. The down side on turning vsync on is that is can create mouse lag for some people. Just try it both ways and see which you like better.

What do you have AA (Multisample Anti-Aliasing) set to in the game-settings? Higher is better, but can reduce the FPS. Also make sure the AA is set to "application control" in the NVidia Control panel. I have mine set a 8x.

Also try maxing out the Anisotropic Filtering to see if it helps. I have mine at 16x.

You could also try finding the old forum threads referencing Nvidia Inspector. Some people have had good luck using it to tweak the drivers to get a better image, and they shared their settings on that thread.
Personal Bests...
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Fletchette wrote:
Ludante wrote: Should I turn on Vertical Sync in-game settings as well?
VSYNC really shouldn't effect the image details that much. The reason to turn it on is if you are getting more than 60FPS and that is causing screen-tearing on your monitor. Most monitors, including yours I assume, run at 60 Hz, so they can only display 60 FPS regardless if your GPU is sending out frames faster than that. The down side on turning vsync on is that is can create mouse lag for some people. Just try it both ways and see which you like better.

What do you have AA (Multisample Anti-Aliasing) set to in the game-settings? Higher is better, but can reduce the FPS. Also make sure the AA is set to "application control" in the NVidia Control panel. I have mine set a 8x.

Also try maxing out the Anisotropic Filtering to see if it helps. I have mine at 16x.

You could also try finding the old forum threads referencing Nvidia Inspector. Some people have had good luck using it to tweak the drivers to get a better image, and they shared their settings on that thread.
Ok, thanks for the info, I will look into it.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

I went to this thread http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 42#p836542 and I got stuck at step 1. :)

I also switched to Use Advanced 3D settings in control panel, set all game setting to high and anti aliasing 8x and anisotroping 16x and things improved a little bit..
rextreme23

Post by rextreme23 »

Hi friends...
I've just started playing theHunter but i have a problem with the graphics...

My system is:

But i get this result even i changed the graphics settings to high...

my eyes are bleeding right now because of those sharp edges... i'm playing many games on this Laptop ut this is the first time i get graphics as awful as this... whan can be the problem???
PicSoul
Hunter

Post by PicSoul »

rextreme23 wrote:Hi friends...

My system is:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
my eyes are bleeding right now because of those sharp edges... i'm playing many games on this Laptop ut this is the first time i get graphics as awful as this... whan can be the problem???
Try this. "Make sure anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering are set to application controlled from your video cards control panel."

Found in THIS thread.

Also, Welcome to theHunter! :)
rextreme23

Post by rextreme23 »

PicSoul wrote:
rextreme23 wrote:Hi friends...

My system is:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Try this. "Make sure anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering are set to application controlled from your video cards control panel."

Found in THIS thread.

Also, Welcome to theHunter! :)
Yeah it's done now... thankss!!

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”