Explanation of Graphical Settings for theHunter

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Timohasan

Re: Explanation of Graphical Settings for theHunter

Post by Timohasan »

Hey. I want to ask for help. How to reduce the 'HDR effect' in the game? When I turn my mouse from light to dark, the light changes. I tried to change the graphic settings in the game but it did not help. :(
Sorry for my english, I'm translating it through google.

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I'm not sure you can and should do this. You would run into the same problem that photography has with a big brightness range: either the very dark areas or the very light areas will lose any contrast. To avoid this, the adaptation is needed.
Image Image Image
Timohasan

Post by Timohasan »

I'm not sure that I could correctly describe my problem.
The fact is that the light in the game is automatically adjusted. When I look at the sky, the image seems to fade a little. And when I immediately look at the ground / grass, then the image automatically brightens a little.
This effect I noticed on the map of Redfeather Falls

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Timohasan wrote:I'm not sure that I could correctly describe my problem.
The fact is that the light in the game is automatically adjusted. When I look at the sky, the image seems to fade a little. And when I immediately look at the ground / grass, then the image automatically brightens a little.
This effect I noticed on the map of Redfeather Falls
I understood what you meant. It's hard to describe it properly, but if they didn't use this effect, either the sky would always be completely white or the darker areas (ground, forests) would have almost no contrast. The PC screen cannot show bright and dark areas in a high contrast at the same time. This is also a common problem in photography - and the main reason why there's HDR pictures.
Our eyes do something similar if we look at very bright or very dark areas - they adapt. It's just that our brain does something so we don't notice this adaptation very much. We notice it much more in the game. But if you could turn this off, it would look even more awkward and unnatural, believe me.
Image Image Image
Timohasan

Post by Timohasan »

Got it! Thanks for clarifying. I'll go hunt and train my eyes. :)

Vapit

Post by Vapit »

Looking at a few of the screen shots in here it seems that most have lowered their settings to adjust for the Light to Dark areas.
CHABL0
Spotter

Post by CHABL0 »

Vapit wrote:Looking at a few of the screen shots in here it seems that most have lowered their settings to adjust for the Light to Dark areas.
I can take some 1920x1080 maxed out setting shots if you'd like.
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X | MSI B350 Gaming.PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2400 16GB(2x8GB) | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 6GB | ADATA SP600 128GB SSD | EVGA 600W 80+ | MSI Optix AG32C
Vapit

Post by Vapit »

CHABL0 wrote:
Vapit wrote:Looking at a few of the screen shots in here it seems that most have lowered their settings to adjust for the Light to Dark areas.
I can take some 1920x1080 maxed out setting shots if you'd like.
Sure if you want. I play at max so i can do the same.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

I don't know what you mean by that. Those that lower their settings do this to get better performance, to reduce the temperature of their graphics card (this game can make some cards run really hot) or to make it easier to see rabbits.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

low shadows defintley helps.shadows and higher aa seems to make for a darker over all setting.lower shadows to the lowest setting should help quite a bit.most people who hunt on low everything either do it for performance or to see animals easier.lower setting mean grass trees and such are not as thick.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”