Explanation of Graphical Settings for theHunter

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Mich Angel
Hunter

Re: Explanation of Graphical Settings for theHunter

Post by Mich Angel »

\m/ wrote:Optional slider for landscape-rendering-distance (with higher LoD (Level of Detail)) from 220 up to 1000m, and animal-renderdistance still fixed at 220m like now would be the best way.

So no one would have an advantage of a higher rendering-distance (f.e. at comps etc) ..old museum-computers could play like now and normal computers could play with a great visual enhancement through the longer landscape-rendering-distance.
That is a very admirable way of thinking considered there might be but a very few procent of the many thousand people that play this game that actualy have that old computers, admairable but probably not the best business model. I like the ide of different LoD levels but that have a bakside as far as I know from other games (shotémup..), that people with highend computers chose to have a lower LoD seting and giving them a advantage. Making them see the potential target alot earlier because animated ( like other players in a shotémup / animals in this game) wont be effected by the LoD settings. Giving you the advantage to those who have there seting on high to make the game look good but lose visibility of the target because theire LoD is higher.
Low LoD ( now you see me!) High LoD (now you dont!). Gues there is a lot of ways we can bend this and still not make all players happy ha! ha! ha! :P

I rather have a fixed seting on 300-350m with same LoD for every one but lower quality on the polygon objects like it is now (stationary objects) for low end computers or lower seting. Not giving anyone a advantadge to see more because of lower LoD. Why? Because I see it it like this, it is the animals in the game we hunt not the suronding.
If I had a older computer I rather see the suronding a litle oldstyle 3d looking than less objects than lose the ability to see animals on greater distances or that the animals just disappearing infront of you when you are taking aim (that is very frustrating).

And by the way talking about fixed distances, is it not time to reset (zero) the long distance shot records in the game, for there is no way ever you will be able to take out a target 270m away. There is (cheat) no luck in the world that can make that happen for you as the game is now.... am I righ? ;) That is records that never can be broken.. :P
Hunt with your head not with your itchy trigger finger.. and things probably turn out a lot more successful and fun ;)

\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

I was talking in my previous post about higher LoD for the landscape at distances 220m+ where animals wont be rendered, this has nothing to do how easily you can see an animal if they are max rendered 220m!
Advantage with LoD? You really think this?
In my eyes all pc (highend or museum-pcs) which use low "scene complexity" are using a simple "wallhack". (Ever hunted rabbits with "scene complexity" at "very high"? Its 10 times harder, the way i like it.) With higher LoD the landscape, tree-models and such things would be looking much better at distances as the blocky sh*t at moment. And everybody who wanna/needs to use the "wallhack-method" can use it like now ..so no one has an advantage.

With the animal-renderdistance fixed at 220m for every client, NOBODY would have an advantage with optional higher LoD at 220m+ or with a optional higher landscape-render-distance! A higher landscape-distance gives you no advantage if animals only rendered max 220m, it only gives you a massive graphical enhancement and feeling of the game.
Now offline. Forever.
Cireme
Master Competitor

Post by Cireme »

Exactly. Plus they already increased the LoD once in the past (http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18523) so I don't see any reason why they couldn't - or wouldn't - do it again.
Mich Angel
Hunter

Post by Mich Angel »

\m/ wrote:I was talking in my previous post about higher LoD for the landscape at distances 220m+ where animals wont be rendered, this has nothing to do how easily you can see an animal if they are max rendered 220m!
Advantage with LoD? You really think this?
In my eyes all pc (highend or museum-pcs) which use low "scene complexity" are using a simple "wallhack". (Ever hunted rabbits with "scene complexity" at "very high"? Its 10 times harder, the way i like it.) With higher LoD the landscape, tree-models and such things would be looking much better at distances as the blocky sh*t at moment. And everybody who wanna/needs to use the "wallhack-method" can use it like now ..so no one has an advantage.

With the animal-renderdistance fixed at 220m for every client, NOBODY would have an advantage with optional higher LoD at 220m+ or with a optional higher landscape-render-distance! A higher landscape-distance gives you no advantage if animals only rendered max 220m, it only gives you a massive graphical enhancement and feeling of the game.

I see your point and I too have all set to highest posible in the game I like it like that, it is more of a real chalange as you say for example hunting cotontail.. ;)
I just don't see that raising max render to 300m could give a advantage to anyone this days even older computers, just leave all as is and set a litle higher render distans is all I am asking.
Think it is set for very old computers and I can't imagine that there are but a very very few using that. ;)

Cireme wrote:Exactly. Plus they already increased the LoD once in the past (http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18523) so I don't see any reason why they couldn't - or wouldn't - do it again.
Exactly my point think it is time to upgrade some distances, computers are much more complex this days and the very few who only have a old computer probably aint playing hunter on them. ;)
Hunt with your head not with your itchy trigger finger.. and things probably turn out a lot more successful and fun ;)

\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Im against raising of the general render-distance to 300m+ because:

1. there are hunters with old pc´s, i know a few of them .. and they should be able to hunt like today after such a update.
2. No need for killing animals in 300m range like in every shooter! No need for CoD-style gameplay!

Fix animal-renderdistance at 220m like it is now, and give us the option to increase the lod/landscape-renderdistance from the todays 220m up to 1000m or more. :-).
Now offline. Forever.
Mich Angel
Hunter

Post by Mich Angel »

Well I am not interested in shooting at 300m but rather detecting finding and tracking in binocular for more than 220m sometime. I rather shoot closer if it not is a perfect prone opportunity I stay under 200m to be 99% shore it is a perfect hit. So I think you got the hole ide I am after with longer range wrong when you compare it with a FPS game, I see this more of a hunting sim not some crappy choot em up! ;)

Longer distance for better and longer detecting animals se the rute they are going giving alternate variation in the way you can hunt planning a route and lure it closer for a kill. As it is now it is all about luck finding right tracks or waiting for call from animal then lure it in that is ok too but leave little variation on hunting style that is possible in the game. ;)
So that is wy I am wishing/hoping for a increase in distance To see the animals for longer distances, give more variation and more different ways/opportunity to detect and hunt! ;)

Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Hello,

since I am not an expert and there are a lot of people here who know their business I have a question..

Which option is better for gameplay theHunter in general and also game recording (very important):

Chipset Radeon R7 370
Core Clock 1015MHz (Standard: 975MHz)
Memory Clock 5600 MHz
Process Technology 28 nm
Memory Size 2 GB
Memory Bus 256 bit
Card Bus PCI-E 3.0
Memory Type GDDR5

OR

Chipset GeForce GTX 950
Core Clock Base/Boost clock: 1064 / 1241 MHz (standard:1026/1190)
Memory Clock 6610 MHz
Process Technology 28 nm
Memory Size 2 GB
Memory Bus 128 bit
Card Bus PCI-E 3.0
Memory Type GDDR5

CPU - AMD Athlon X4 860K Quad Core 3.7GHz
RAM - 8gb

Price range is from 180-200 euros for both GPU-s. I am wondering mostly about this difference between 128 and 256 bit (bandwidth).

I appreciate any opinion or suggestion.

Thanks in advance!
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Is this a laptop?

If not, for a few $ more, get the GTX 960. The 4GB version.

For recording I recommend going with the NVidia cards because they come with ShadowPlay. It does the recording using special chips on the card, so there is almost no loss of FPS while recording.

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay
Personal Bests...
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Fletchette wrote:Is this a laptop?

If not, for a few $ more, get the GTX 960. The 4GB version.

For recording I recommend going with the NVidia cards because they come with ShadowPlay. It does the recording using special chips on the card, so there is almost no loss of FPS while recording.

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay
It is a PC. I did upgrade of my very old one for app. 180 euros (new motherboard with pci-e 3.0, 8GB ram and CPU which I mentioned before - up to 4.0 GHz turbo) so now I am searching for optimal GPU (low cost). I don`t play other games very often, mostly theHunter..I record sometimes :P

Thanks for the tip!
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Xtadeus
Spotter

Post by Xtadeus »

I have put everything maximum.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”