FIX - ATI Video cards - Blocky/Square trees and grass

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Intshebe

Re: FIX - ATI Video cards - Blocky/Square trees and grass

Post by Intshebe »

I know this is a really old post, but I ran into this problem when I tried the game for the first time yesterday. The fix mentioned above did not work for me, so tohught I would add what I did to solve it to the sticky. By default my catalyst driver was set to use the game settings for anti-aliasing and texture filtering so I was baffled for awhile.

The fix for me was the complete opposite to what you have above. I had to let the driver take control of the Anti-Aliasing and put the games settings as low as it would let me if turning it off completely wasn't an option. below are what I am using for my settings.

using:
catalyst version 14.4 released on the 25/04/2014
AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series

AMD catalyst driver settings:
Anti-Aliasing Mode: Override application settings
Anti-Aliasing Samples: 2x
Filter: Standard
Anti-Aliasing Method: Multisampling
Morphological Filtering: Off

The Hunter Settings:
fullscreen: yes
Vertical sync: off by default
screen resolution: 1920x1080 (60Hz)
scene complexity: high
texture quality: high
shadow quality: medium
multisample anti-aliasing: 1x (lowest the game will let me set it)
anisotropic filtering: off
0celot
Outfitter

Post by 0celot »

Good tip for older cards.

It's actually generally a good tip, that if your having display issues with a game to lower all of the settings and see how it runs. Then one by one turn them up a little bit at a time; testing the game with each increase. This allows you to track down the culprit. It can be a slow process, but if there's an issue it's quite worthwhile, as it could mean the difference between the hunter looking the way it's supposed to, or the hunter looking like Super Mario NES. :)

On a side note. Nvidia card owners can check if there are recommended profiles, before trying to find the right settings combo.
pompeiious

Post by pompeiious »

TRY CHANGING THE WINDOW SIZE TO THE SIZE OF YOUR SCREEN RESOLUTION
Leopuc

Post by Leopuc »

Howdy all,

I'm another one who has the blocky objects problem and I'm not able to resolve it.
The machine on which I've got the problem is Dell Inspiron 3737 17 (i7, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 4400/ATI Radeon 8870M 2GB).
The ATI Catalyst and Intel HD Graphics drivers are all the latest, so are the DirectX drivers.
Everything seems to work fine in other games when it comes to graphic settings and I've got no problems.
Here in theHunter it's impossible to raise Anti Aliasing above 1x without triggering the blocky objects problem.
Anti Aliasing is the only variable which is triggering it. It has to stay at 1x or else everything's messed up.
I haven't got such problem on my Desktop machine which has Sapphire ATI Radeon 7850 2GB. All the graphic settings
are maxed on that machine and everything's fine.

I was wondering maybe some of you are playing the game also on a newer mobile Radeon card and are able to help me out.
This 8870M should definately be able to put up with Anti Aliasing above 2x and 4x but it's a mistery to me how to force the
game to do it. Manual settings in catalyst to override game settings have also failed. The Catalyst isn't able to override game
settings in any way.

Currently the graphics settings are:
Full Screen: Yes, Vertical Sync: Yes, Screen Resolution: 1600x900 (60Hz), Scene Complexity: Very High, Texture Quality: High,
Shadow Quality: High, Multisample Antialiasing: 1x, Anisotropic Filtering: 16x

Best regards
TheKildar

Post by TheKildar »

Ok, I have been playing this game for awhile, Love it, have spent an embarrasing sum of money on it, and I have this problem, same as above, that when I set Anti-aliasing above 1x the trees and grass etc. have big blocks around them that block your sight, now it works fine with all other settings maxed but with the anti-aliasing off Spotting animals etc. in the distance is more difficult due to the less well defined objects etc. I have a laptop running on a Radeon 7730M graphics card, I have tried the above fixes and running on different levels of AA and messing in the catalyst control center but to no avail so far. Running at just 2x AA removes blockiness from trees but it is still on the grass and bushes and distant terrain. Would love to be able to turn this setting up without destroying the game, any help is appreciated.

Leopuc

Post by Leopuc »

TheKildar, the sum of money I've spent on this game is also embarrasing and when you put that into equation together with tech support help I've received is even more embarrasing. In fact, the tech support team failed to give me a single reply concerning this problem. They just didn't seem to bother. I haven't played the game ever since June 30th I contacted them and I'm sorry I ever started to play it and spent all that money on it.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”