FIX - ATI Video cards - Blocky/Square trees and grass

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Kingfisher

FIX - ATI Video cards - Blocky/Square trees and grass

Post by Kingfisher »

Does anybody know whether there is a known problem with ati mobility radeon graphics cards? I have got the latest drivers but the grass and trees all are square and fail to materialise. It really spoils a great game. It's also not my pc (i-3, 3gb, ati radeon 5470 1gb). HELP!
tuplas
Team Hunter

Re: Ati Flaw?

Post by tuplas »

Make sure anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering are set to application controlled from your video cards control panel.
JasonP31
Outfitter

Post by JasonP31 »

If Tuplas's help doesn't resolve the issue, you might try backing off to an older driver, maybe that would help. It could be that you have some driver version corruption, may be good to run a driver cleaner through your system. Google it, there are multiple process documents floating around. I've had nVidia cards through my gaming years, so I'm nowhere near an ATI expert.
YawString

Post by YawString »

My laptop has an ATI mobility card and, after working fine for the first month, suddenly theHunter textures went all blocky and looked horrible. I tracked down the issue to my laptop (lenovo y730) having various screen modes (movie, photo, game, normal) set with a hotkey, and if I set the mode back to normal everything worked fine again.
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Thanks very much for all your help. Thankfully the issue has now been resolved. I had to match the AA and AF with the game's.
Blombo

Post by Blombo »

But how do I do it. I seem to match the AA and AF with the game's but it still doesn't work.

this is my video card settings

And this is how it looks on game settings

And yet I get picture that looks like this
http://lulzimg.com/i23/619680.jpg

And I'm not on laptop but desk computer. My graphic card is ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series, and processor 2,00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
Welsch
Outfitter

Ati Flaw?

Post by Welsch »

Blombo wrote:But how do I do it. I seem to match the AA and AF with the game's but it still doesn't work.
Try putting the check marks into the "Use application settings" boxes in your ATI panel - then the card automatically uses the settings selected in the game settings dialog (so they are truly matched) :)
Blombo

Post by Blombo »

Thanks! It actually works.
But now I'm having other problems like I managed somehow to put scope on a gun but now when I aim the gun it won't fire no matter how much I press mouse 1 button.
Greysow
Hunter

Post by Greysow »

Would it be the .30-06 by any chance?
JasonP31
Outfitter

Post by JasonP31 »

Sure you have ammo loaded in your inventory for that specific gun? Also, is the quantity of said ammo above 0?

Also, I'm going to rename the subject of this thread and sticky it. We get a lot of questions about ATI cards and the blocking foliage.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”