Keyboard problem

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Violator31
Outfitter

Keyboard problem

Post by Violator31 »

In-game my keyboard is selective on which keys will work.
I am left-handed so my keybindings have been adjusted. I use the arrow keys to walk. They work fine, but I can't do anything else. None of the number or letter keys work at all, in the game. I'm not having any trouble typing this using the same keyboard.
I use the delete key for "free look" - it works.
Page up & page down for crouch / stand - they work.
Everything but letters & numbers.
Any ideas?
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Keyboard problem

Post by VonStratos »

Very strange, do you keyboard is generic or a gamer keyboard with drivers? maybe an update or fix is available, also check that the letter keys aren't assigned to 2 actions at same time, like "call dog" and "get in the jeep" in the same key.

After google the problem it seems is not so uncommon, but usually when it fail is in all the windows, not just inside a game, so it could be something with the keymap, maybe resetting that to see if the keys work then would worth a shot, i found this link with possible solutions, but nothing sure:
https://www.cnet.com/news/keys-on-keyboard-not-working/

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

VonStratos wrote:Very strange
Thanks for the help.
Before posting this last night I had checked the batteries & restarted the pc.
The keyboard is tethered to the pc, but it does have batteries. It's a lighted keyboard so I'm guessing the batteries are for that. It came with rechargeable batteries. I checked them & they still had a charge to them, but I popped them into the charger anyway.
After all of the stuff I tried, it still had the same problem in the game. I finally gave up & went to bed.
I just now am finally able to settle in for the night & remembered that there was a problem & I was about to get frustrated again. Clicked on the game, when it opened up everything is working just like it is supposed to. :shock:
I have no idea what brought it on, or what corrected it, heck I don't even care... it's working so I'm playing. ;)
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ah that happens sometimes with pc stuff, sometimes my pc also does weird things and it seems without solution, then after a while i come back and start the thing like always and everything is ok, good to see your problem was solved. :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”