Steam verify 980 files ...

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Omaigaa

Steam verify 980 files ...

Post by Omaigaa »

Hi, I post this to find out if anyone has had the same problem as me: it turns out that every time I start tehHunter Classics from
Steam I have to verify 980 files to play, I tried to reinstall steam but I do not solve it, I also reinstalled the game and I could not correct the error, if someone has the solution I would appreciate the help.
thank you
a hug
Last edited by Omaigaa on December 14th, 2018, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dj.p.king
Scout

Re: Steam verify 980 files ...

Post by dj.p.king »

Omaigaa wrote:Hi, I post this to find out if anyone has had the same problem as me: it turns out that every time I start tehHunter Classics from
Steam I have to verify 980 files to play, I tried to reinstall steam but I do not solve it, I also reinstalled the game and I could not correct the error, if someone has the solution I would appreciate the help.
thank you
a hug
I use steam to play and mine is working fine, so not all steam players are getting this glitch.
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

I'm getting this also and its something that needs to be checked on as to why this is happening. 980 files and 200 and some odd megs.

I'm trying like crazy to troubleshoot why my friend and I can't join a mp game together, (usually one out of every 12 tries actually works) and why we would have to have a third party program called LogMein Hamachi to do what should be feasible without it.

routers and comps are both the same:
Windows 10 64 bit
Steam program
USB 730L wireless that used to work fine for mp
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Mine works fine too, but i would do this:

Open Steam client and go to Library. There should be the list with your games installed, Right click in The hunter and select "properties".
Ok now in that window select the tab "Local Files" and click on "verify integrity of game files", that should check and replace any wrong file and solve the troubles with the game, if that doesn't work then i would contact to support, in the meanwhile try the web client, is known that using the steam installation to replace the web client installation when patches in the web version go wrong solve the problems, but it may work the other way around too.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

I've tried all of the above and yes the problem lies in verifying the files each time unless you verify the files, and it patches the 980 files and you do not go ingame.
If you go ingame, and come back out then restart steam and verify again, it again has found corrupted files and does the same thing over and over.
So something is very wrong as to why it would try to verify and fail in these same files every time.
Omaigaa

Post by Omaigaa »

Trackfield wrote:I'm getting this also and its something that needs to be checked on as to why this is happening. 980 files and 200 and some odd megs.

I'm trying like crazy to troubleshoot why my friend and I can't join a mp game together, (usually one out of every 12 tries actually works) and why we would have to have a third party program called LogMein Hamachi to do what should be feasible without it.

Windows 10 64 bit
Steam program
The truth is that I could not find the solution, so choose to download the web client to play, abandon steam ...
As for your connection problem with your friend, it could be the ip address that does not let them join, also happens with some colleagues ..
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Trackfield wrote:I'm getting this also and its something that needs to be checked on as to why this is happening. 980 files and 200 and some odd megs.

Windows 10 64 bit
Steam program
I'we hunted a long hunt just, and several persons joined, but after a couple of hours I was alone in my MP game. Then a new hunter joins, but he do nothing and disconnects after maybe 30 seconds. I get a message on-screen that "hunter I dont remember, or without any name" had conection issues. I knew he had left so I kicked hom out. I knew something was different and wrong, so I close the game and check steam theHunter game for verifying gamefiles. Steam found 9xx files that will be installed again. This happen today just now btw.

About the "can't join a mp game together" - Check your NAT settings, should be set to Open if I remember correct, and not Strict. An other thing, both must Port Forward the port 32303, here is a link for more details https://steamcommunity.com/app/322920/d ... 815917833/. If you scroll down, youll find the port 32303 UDP mentioned (or theHunter wiki). As a test only, you both can try to put your computers in each of your routers in DMZ mode, and see if you can join each other then, but its not recommended to stay in DMZ mode. Good Luck.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”