Day 2 hunt glitches

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Nathan112244
Hunter

Day 2 hunt glitches

Post by Nathan112244 »

Ok well i am going to share with you guys why, right now i am very frusterated.
I have just been in a hunt for the comp hosted by BcKidd called "2nd Annual Fall Hunt"
I have been hunting for the last 2 days non stop and i just ended a 5 Hour long hunt: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/nath ... n/83105177
This hunt for the comp had a 174 Whitetail, 270kg Bear, 341 bull elk and i was missing a Moose. I hunted all day and went onto the next day. and what happens?
Probably about 5 minutes into the next day, at the first tower i shot a Small buck and i dropped it, and what happens?
Bug/Issue #1: Not being able to harvest animals on a Day 2 hunt
That's right i cant harvest it.
Oh why does this matter? Just leave it
Well no, i cant because i have to have the same number of shots and harvests as included in the competition rules.
(All of this can be confirmed by Ardillamente as he was in a steam broadcast during this part of the hunt)

Bug/Issue #2: Animals score estimate doesn't match the animal on a Day 2 hunt
This glitch first occured yesterday, when a 166 Whitetail had a score est of 45-70.
No i was not spotting a different buck, this was clearly the only buck in the area and i pulled up this spotting est multiple times on him showing the white outline.
And i even snapped a screenshot of the buck and score est:

This is also the glitch that was the reason to my friend Ardillamente watching my game.
A small buck (probably 100-120) lit up and showed a score estimate of 170-190. I do not have a screenshot of this one. (Same buck that i shot and was un claimable)

All of these hunts were over the days of: 13/10/2018 and 14/10/2018
These hunts were both in Singleplayer and the Glitches only occurred on the Second day of a hunt (turns over to next day at 19:00 then to 5:00)

What makes me so mad is simple, after 5 hrs of hard hunting, getting my best animals in a single hunt for this comp and just like that, i lost all of my progress.
Nathan22Outdoors
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Day 2 hunt glitches

Post by Fletchette »

Don't extend hunts to the second day.....This is probably the most well known issue/bug in the game and has been true for many years. Just don't do it. As long as this has been an issue, I just don't understand why the Devs don't disable the extend function and be done with it.
Personal Bests...
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

The "next day" bugs are a pia from a long time, it has never been fixed, but what i wonder is, why EW doesn't simply remove the "next day" option from the hunts? think about it, if cant be fixed then why let players go unaware into a virtually new hunt but full of glitches?, is better imho just end the hunt and start a new one.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Fletchette wrote:Don't extend hunts to the second day.....This is probably the most well known issue/bug in the game and has been true for many years. Just don't do it. As long as this has been an issue, I just don't understand why the Devs don't disable the extend function and be done with it.
I know i shouldnt extend hunts but when im doing a comp like this one, its hard to do it in one day, next time ill just start my hunts right at 5am i guess
Nathan22Outdoors
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

This is indeed known for a very long time and I believe is very low priority on the list of the many sparsely fixed issues. What happens is that on day 2, all animals slip into the shell of a day 1 animal and will inherit all their tracking and spotting estimations for weight and score. Thus they are wrong. Also if you already harvested an animal on day 1, you cannot harvest the animal on day 2 that inherited its shell.

Possible simple fixes (which we also won't likely see): Get rid of day 2 hunting, or subtract another attempt on day. The latter should happen anyway.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

As has been said the day 2 bug is a long & well known one. Moving on to day 2 is just asking for frustration. The spotting bug is new but doesnt surprise me. Seems like the spotting/tracking scores have been wonky for awhile. On Saturday I spent 45min tracking a 80-100kg WT for Kidds comp only to find him. He scored a 57... WTH... :evil:

BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Day 2 bug fix... Start the critters all over fresh. IF need be - make the next day count as an attempt, but KEEP it as the same hunt for scoring reasons.
OR simply remove the number of attempts from all competitions.

Just my opinion.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I think it should just not regen animals at all. Leave them as they are. That way you can pick up previously shot animals, you can't get a new shuffle of animals on the same attempt, but you can keep hunting with the same animals if you want to.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Tod1d wrote:I think it should just not regen animals at all. Leave them as they are. That way you can pick up previously shot animals, you can't get a new shuffle of animals on the same attempt, but you can keep hunting with the same animals if you want to.
I agree this is how they should fix it. Some people enjoy extremely long hunts and the same animals that were there at the beginning of the game should be there on the second day. Until this year I was always a short game guy, usually 1 or 2 hours real time max. I always assumed this was how it worked, until I stated playing some longer games and going into the second day and finding out otherwise.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Tod1d wrote:I think it should just not regen animals at all. Leave them as they are. That way you can pick up previously shot animals, you can't get a new shuffle of animals on the same attempt, but you can keep hunting with the same animals if you want to.
Sounds good. But EW ain't doing this because then we could clear a map and see how many animals spawn. They don't want us to know any of this. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”