Tracks disappear in front of me!

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Benny969
Spotter

Re: Tracks disappear in front of me!

Postby Benny969 » December 15th, 2023, 11:20 am

HEMMELDAL MAP

it just happened! I hit a red fox 20m in front of me, when I went to look for it after the first trace of blood I couldn't find the others... even though I knew the animal's escape route they were all gone!
Benny969
Spotter

Postby Benny969 » December 15th, 2023, 11:39 am

Benny969 wrote:HEMMELDAL MAP

it just happened! I hit a red fox 20m in front of me, when I went to look for it after the first trace of blood I couldn't find the others... even though I knew the animal's escape route they were all gone!

UPDATE!
I just caught it, it was 200 meters away from the only trace of blood from when I hit it (look my Huntermate) I found it by following my intuition and remembering the direction of the animal at the time of the escape.

_dfad_
Scout

Postby _dfad_ » December 15th, 2023, 3:00 pm

I have been observing tracks disappearing in front of me for years, since I started playing the game. Typically when you follow a herd or a pack, some tracks stay and you can mark them, and some disappear as soon as you are within 20-25 m range, but still allow you to keep the direction to the herd.
But I assumed that this is by design, like tracks are created with random lifetime, and if your tracking skill for exact specie is lower than the lifetime of exact track allows, then the track disappears for you but might be still visible for a hunter with a higher skill.
But I never tried to confirm this assumption.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
trulight
Scout

Postby trulight » January 10th, 2024, 11:27 pm

This sums it up from an earlier forum post

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... s#p1057124

That's why we see this problem a lot around xmas, because more people are on that reserve then ever, and it's the one most notorious for it to happen. that's why we believe it's tied to the reindeer. TLDR, some integer somewhere for entities in the engine is being hit, and causing things to bug out, that's why it's only tracks that disappear and not poo or blood. and it can be tracks off an animal you "just" saw flee, so not like the tracks went away because they were too old.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”