Game Will Not Launch on Steam

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
wt_hunting
Scout

Game Will Not Launch on Steam

Post by wt_hunting »

Played eight games yesterday while working on the St Patrick's Day Missions. No problems. Life got in the way during my eighth game, we had reservations for dinner. I was in VDB at the time, tracking a nice Brown Bear for the mission, when it was time to go. I paused the game, and when I came back, I got the error message, "a new game has started for this account, quit game." So I did, and since then the launcher will not open on Steam. I uninstalled Steam, and re-installed Steam. I checked the integrity of the game files. All good. I uninstalled theHunter, but kept it in my library. I re-installed the game. Short of permanently uninstalling the game from Steam, and then having to purchase it again, I'm out of ideas. I will have my 14th anniversary later this year, and don't want to lose all my stats.

Someone has already suggested, Clear game cache and clear launcher cache in settings. Since the launcher doesn't work, I can't get to that page, so that option isn't available. Unless someone knows a way to do it in the PC files.

Any ideas would appreciated.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Game Will Not Launch on Steam

Post by HooCairs »

- go to %appdata%\Roaming
- delete LauncherSettings_live.cfg
- delete TheHunterSettings_steam_live.cfg
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
wt_hunting
Scout

Post by wt_hunting »

C:appdata\Roaming ?? Thanks for the response

I can't find appdata Under Steam? Under C drive? Under theHunter? Can you post a path? Thank you

Edit: I found it..under Users/myname
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

wt_hunting wrote:C:appdata\Roaming ?? Thanks for the response

I can't find appdata Under Steam? Under C drive? Under theHunter? Can you post a path? Thank you

Edit: I found it..under Users/myname
Bottom left of screen in windows use search type in %appdata% then delete files that hoo put up.

Edit.........ah just saw you found it:)
wt_hunting
Scout

Post by wt_hunting »

Thank you Hoo Cairs..all good now.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Glad to hear it's fixed. This is a common issue. The fix is also on the Wiki as it might help some players that look there.
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

And yes, when you see something like %appdata%\Roaming, you just enter that into the search field in the bottom left of Windows.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”