Screen size changed , can't fix it

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Screen size changed , can't fix it

Post by TheJimDirt »

I went to play today , I have not played in a month or so , but did updates , etc. , when I loaded the game it wanted to confirm my settings , I thought it strange since I had not changed Video Drivers or done anything different since the last time I played ... what happened when it loaded is the screen/game was all scrunched up , so I exited and went to Settings and changed my Resolution from 1280x1024(60hz) to 1152x864(60hz) , saved and reloaded the game , I went back in and it looks the same .... when the game first loaded and asked the settings , I did not change anything , I just hit OK and let the game load , so not sure why it looks like this or why when I change the resolution it does not actually change to a full/normal screen/window

I tried attaching a screenshot that I uploaded to IMGUR , but it does not seem to show up in the Preview no matter what link I try and it gives a error saying it can't determine the size of the image , which makes no sense , as I tried every link available ...

Trying again (this is the BB Code)

And it does not even show what I wanted ... going to try again with another screenshot

EDIT: its not showing the ENTIRE screen even doing it in Windows Screenshot , so I just took a picture with my camera of my monitor , so now you can see the black border and how the game is scrunched in the middle ... THIS is the issue , any ideas ??

BCKidd

Re: Screen size changed , can't fix it

Post by BCKidd »

Did you check your monitor settings (Full Screen). Or click the box at the top right hand side of theHunter page where you look at your stats etc. Make it full screen. I hope that helps. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

TheJimDirt wrote:EDIT: its not showing the ENTIRE screen even doing it in Windows Screenshot , so I just took a picture with my camera of my monitor , so now you can see the black border and how the game is scrunched in the middle ... THIS is the issue , any ideas ??
Hey Jim, your monitor's native resolution looks to be different than what you have entered. Go to your Windows desktop, right click on the desktop, choose Display Settings, and check what resolution your monitor is set at in Windows. Then enter that resolution into your Game Settings in TheHunter Classic before you start your game, and save it. That should fix it. It looks like you have a 1920x1080(60hz) monitor. It is highly unlikely that you have an 1152x864(60hz) monitor. Try doing that and then check back here for more options if it doesn't help. Jimbo ;)
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Post by TheJimDirt »

OK guys ... Thanks , that was it ... Not sure why it changed though , but yea , the 1920x1080/60 seemed to fix it , all lower numbers were just like the image I posted , so I was confused when I checked every one from 640 to the last one and they all were scrunched down .... But this has seemed to cure the issue ... Again , no idea why it decided to change the setting on its own .... but it works now ..... Thanks !!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Glad you got it fixed. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”