One animal bug and one weird bug i have experienced this night.

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Gah_Montilladrinker

One animal bug and one weird bug i have experienced this night.

Post by Gah_Montilladrinker »

Bug 1:
I was hunting in whitehart with a crossbow, i shot a coyote while crouched, i immediately opened the inventory to switch the crossbow for another weapon (7mm bullpup, if it matters. XBow was the reverse draw one.)
Immediately after closing inventory i could see a ghostly model of the crossbow floating near my feet. I selected the huntermate and it seems like the xbow was clipped across the huntermate and moved with it when i selected it, obstructing my view. I then opened inventory again and selected the crossbow, this made the bug disappear.

Bug 2:
Has anyone else been having problems with the axis deer? This night i was completing the lunar new year mission and i was aimed at one of them, i was quite a distance away so i compensated a little for the shot and completely missed, not trees in sight, shot completely stable, no wind, and still missed. I thought it was weird since i usually at least hit the animal from this distance, but thought nothing of it. I tracked the deer and this time i was a little bit closer, but still some ~250m away. I again aimed at the upper shoulder to compensate for distance, there was again zero wind, i was stable, and i missed completely again. At this point i was frustrated but since it looked like a decent animal i tracked it again and shot it at the side, and completely missed the lungs and got a body shot instead that took 3 minutes to kill the animal.
I have also experienced a simmilar "bug" with brown/black bears, i always aim at the animal's front, in the lungs, and always hit either stomach or intestines. If a mission ever comes up where you'll need to get a double lung shot on those bears you better be afraid of it.

(sorry if you encountered any typing errors, i'm in a hurry and just wanted to report these before i forget it.)
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Re: One animal bug and one weird bug i have experienced this night.

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Bug 1: I remember, I have had something similar with he online muzzleloader. Might be somehow related to the long reloading process of crossbows and muzzleloaders.

Bug 2: are you sure there was no obstacle in your line? In my case (low scene complexity) sometimes they are not visible at the shot and appear, when I move towards the animal.
Have you checked the statistics, if the shots are really marked as missed? I once fired at a goat and the shot just dissappeared (the goat run of and the shot was neither marked as hit nor as a miss, it just wasn't counted in the statistics)
Spoiler:
Gah_Montilladrinker

Post by Gah_Montilladrinker »

Dr_ViEr wrote: Bug 2: are you sure there was no obstacle in your line? In my case (low scene complexity) sometimes they are not visible at the shot and appear, when I move towards the animal.
Have you checked the statistics, if the shots are really marked as missed?
R: Yes, both shots registered as missed and in the case of the second shot the animal was even standing in a completely flat field with no trees or rocks.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

1. This is a visual bug I've seen before. It happens very rarely to me personally and unless one can figure out how to replicate the bug reliably, it's unlikely to be looked into. Even then, it's possible they wouldn't fix it. It's just not a frequent enough issue compared to other I'd think.

2. I can't say the source of your issue exactly. I've killed a couple axis over the last few days with no such issues. One word of advice-- it's not always the distant trees or rocks (rendered or not) that can cause collision issues. Sometimes, the way your avatar is laying on the ground can cause you to shoot the ground directly in front of you. Just because the shot looks clear in the scope and the barrel of the gun looks visibly clear on the ground, doesn't always mean it's a "clear" shot. If prone, never shoot flat on terrain if it raises even just slightly in front of you. If shooting from a cliff/ledge/on a rock, always make sure you're literally hanging off the edge in the direction your target it. Reduce as make terrain hit box as you can in front of you. This might not have been your issue. Even with maximum settings, some trees/rocks won't render for me at 250m+. It's very possible you're hitting debris that you don't know is there, and if that's the case that's just an unfortunate limitation of the game. It's a weird coincidence that it happened to you twice in a row, but possible nonetheless. I don't personally think there's anything wrong with the axis hit box. I think you had another issue going on.

In regards to the bear hit boxes, this has been a known issue for many, many years. There are a couple species with iffy hit boxes, but bears are surely the most infamous. Where you'd aim for a realistic lung shot will give you intestines almost every time. You have to aim uncomfortably far forward, almost dead center of the front leg on a broadside bear, to clip the lungs. This is one of those legacy issues that has never been fixed, maybe because of the team changing often and them being hesitant to dig into such old coding, maybe it's genuinely difficult to fix, maybe the new team isn't even fully aware of this long known issue. But the general community is very familiar with those iffy bear hit boxes. So you're definitely correct about that one.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”