Search found 750 matches
- March 3rd, 2019, 10:14 pm
- Forum: theHunter: Call of the Wild
- Topic: Are they know what they doing in COTW?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 991
I think what he's saying is that he programmed his fire button to be the same key as the "use" key and if he attempts to "use" an environmental object with the gun equipped, it fires. That's probably a bug or, at the very least, a programming oversight.
- February 28th, 2019, 2:50 am
- Forum: General Off Topics
- Topic: White-tailed Deer (?)
- Replies: 3
- Views: 305
Just an image I found interesting. Here's part of it, cut: https://i.imgur.com/l8MbUpj.png Just a whitetail, right? --And here's the full image... https://i.imgur.com/K9Pj4e3.png I absolutely thought I was looking at a whitetail looking at that butt--with minor differences (like tail shape, mayb...
- February 22nd, 2019, 9:45 am
- Forum: Thoughts & Suggestions
- Topic: I want to sit!
- Replies: 5
- Views: 207
Oh man I love the ability to sit in Skyrim. Lets all the NPCs use the animation too, all over the idle markers etc. So store merchants who sit outside on a bench, etc--it's all about the markers, baby. Love it! Immersion is always a wonderful thing. I'm hoping for horses in theHunter, eventually. We...
- February 15th, 2019, 2:39 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: So I'm looking for a Mule Buck I shot 1 hour ago real time...
- Replies: 9
- Views: 330
As a headsup, if you have "tracked" the deer and don't track any other animals (so that the wounded animal is your "current" track on HunterMate) it shouldn't fade even with time. So sometimes if you're tracking a really old trail, and keep doubling back because you can't find th...
- February 11th, 2019, 12:23 am
- Forum: Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions
- Topic: Silencer, Good Idea or Bad
- Replies: 48
- Views: 1544
If suppressors are used frequently in actual hunting, I'd say it'd be okay to reduce the range of rifle spooking when shot. If they aren't used, then I'd say to stay away, for realism's sake.
- February 7th, 2019, 6:22 pm
- Forum: The Great Outdoors
- Topic: Pretty cool live-feed deer cams
- Replies: 7
- Views: 962
Holy hell, watching it now and some of those does are more aggressive/possessive over their food than a pack of wolves!! It's constant posturing, chasing, kicking. Damn. I wouldn't have imagined it.
- February 5th, 2019, 11:40 am
- Forum: Latest News & Announcements
- Topic: Update About Memberships and Business Model
- Replies: 220
- Views: 14931
Ahh, cool! I can't wait to hear details. The current model just isn't great--membership rewards and packages are all-too-often things that players likely already have. Almost anything would be an improvement. I've said for a long time that micro-transactions should cost somewhat less for members, an...
- February 4th, 2019, 2:16 am
- Forum: Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art
- Topic: Post Your TruRACS Trophies!
- Replies: 11576
- Views: 252805
Picked up this nice whopper of a wolf while killing my 25: https://photo.thehunter.com/a5/3d/a53d36d44b36f57986e27af056426547dd35ef02.jpg He's fine, he's just posing for the camera... Trophy score: 16.733 P.S. you gotta love the ridiculous weights on these things. 187lb wolf?! 120 is very big, 140 i...
- January 27th, 2019, 3:39 pm
- Forum: Thoughts & Suggestions
- Topic: Only paying members should have a Hunter Score
- Replies: 19
- Views: 866
It means nothing. It has no effect on anything. It's a personal tally, not a competition. And players can make MP games with a minimum HunterScore but still allow -guests,- meaning this would prevent guests regardless. Meaning players who are long-time hunters couldn't join a guest-allowed but HS-li...