Game Update - 31st January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Sherab86
Hunter

Re: Game Update - 31st January 2018

Post by Sherab86 »

No, please don't! They still need tweaking, perhaps. But don't make them as agressive as they were before, please! :P

And thank you for this update. This is interesting, because I had sound problem on WRR before the update, but now problem is gone even I did not use the new option's feature. But, from other hand, I had problems with the update, so I've deleted the game completely and switched to the steam version - so maybe this is because this full reinstalation.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Sherab86 wrote:No, please don't! They still need tweaking, perhaps. But don't make them as agressive as they were before, please! :P
Why? To the way they were before, you had a choice about tactics of hunt, not now. This seem me pretty restrictive and much less fun.
OldMM1966
Scout

Post by OldMM1966 »

"In August, a grizzly bear killed a hiker in Yellowstone National Park—a tragic yet extremely rare event, experts say. The chances of being injured by a bear are approximately 1 in 2.1 million, according to the National Park Service. In other words, you're more likely to be killed by a bee than a bear." Taken from an article on nationalgeographic.com

Bears are fine the way they are ...let them be.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:The only reason she didn't charge was because she could not pathfind to me, across the water.
How do you know? We can see the bear wanted to attack you, but we will never know if it would have come all the way if there was no river in between. The bears start coming at you from about 40-50m, but their charging program makes them only run for 15-20m, then they stop and either growl, come again, or run away. I would like to see a video of someone showing how to make a bear charge you, until we can see the red screen.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

TreeKiwi wrote:There will be some insight into the bears in today's Status Update
I had to say that i am a little bit disapointed TK, i ( we, i'm not the only in this case ) like to approach Polar Bears and Grizzlys when crouch and force them to charge to try to made a good shot, as we do with Bison and Water Buffalo and pigs too.
Impossible to approach them now, so a very little interest to hunt them.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

FR_Bugs wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Impossible to approach them now, so a very little interest to hunt them.
Right now there is no more a hunt for Grizzlies, but just frustration and boredom. The bears are missing.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I've just ended a long hunting session dedicated to griezzlies. I'm relatively fresh player - playing more less since the end of september 2017, if I recall correctly. Judge by yourself can I be considered as experienced virtual hunter, or not.

However, having only outback clothes for main camo (plus face paint), and using scent reduction spray, here you go:

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/sher ... n/79407896

There is more then enough of them in the reserve. And it is perfectly doable to hunt them. Sure thing - you can't hunt them the way you've used to. You can't simply run into them to provoke them to charge you. But you can stalk them. With 3d camo dedicated to TGT environment, I'm preety sure you can approach them quite close too. First lady I've shot today was so kind to be traveling in my direction - and guess what? When she noticed my presence after my first shot struck into rock before her, she decided to attack me. Fortunaetly I've managed to put her down just in time.

I also like to hunt bisons. I approach this sessions as to my ptarmigans hunts - as effortless, relaxing virtual-hunting. But while this might be very easy in-game, it somwhat corresponds to reality. And bears were simply wrong this way.

And while I had to concentrate more today, and keep my focus, I had great fun hunting those griezzlies. Even those girls gave me a kind of feeling of being rewarded somehow. :) While there are in game such environement-animal combos, like in case of bison, I think that to realy enjoy this game, one have to love the process of tracking and finding a prey as much, as shooting it. ;)
Last edited by Sherab86 on February 2nd, 2018, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Sherab86 wrote:I think that to realy enjoy this game, one have to love the process of tracking and finding a prey as much, as shooting it. ;)
And that is the crux of it. Well said!

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

HooCairs wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:The only reason she didn't charge was because she could not pathfind to me, across the water.
How do you know? We can see the bear wanted to attack you, but we will never know if it would have come all the way if there was no river in between. The bears start coming at you from about 40-50m, but their charging program makes them only run for 15-20m, then they stop and either growl, come again, or run away. I would like to see a video of someone showing how to make a bear charge you, until we can see the red screen.
Wrong. If an animal has a straight path to you, no rocks or other BS in the way, they will go full on attack from 40 m out if of course they are in that state. If there is something in the way, such as a rock, branch, water, etc, the AI has to stop and reconfigure what to do, which can result in the bear breaking off the attack. This is to do with a patch from a bit back that changed the bear’s behaviors a bit, where it was stated that the bear will break off the attack if it does not have a clear path. Am at work, so don’t have time to find the Game update this was in. But you are right about one thing, it’s tough to tell exactly what the bear would of done had the water not been in the way, because they do still have the “fight or flight” AI.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Sherab86 wrote:There is more then enough of them in the reserve. And it is perfectly doable to hunt them. Sure thing - you can't hunt them the way you've used to. You can't simply run into them to provoke them to charge you. But you can stalk them. With 3d camo dedicated to TGT environment
Excuse me, do you think with 9 grizzly harvested, to know the whole situation? I've got a little more experience than you do with Grizzlies in this game, and I assure you that right now, it is not doable to hunt bears (GB and PB) anymore. I'd rather say it's totally masochistic :mrgreen:
Today for first time for 2 1/2 months I finally got a charging grizzly, after a 40-minute chasing always walking crouch, absolutely boring.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/11al/score/589245372

Other grizzlies always fleeing also in walking crouch mode. And then if you're always crouch, how can you see the tracks in the tall grass of TT? :mrgreen: Then they have to also raise these tracks four feet off the floor :mrgreen: Not including the Mission Impossible of Grizzly Bears :mrgreen:
I cannot understand how can anyone enjoy something, which at this moment is clearly broken and doesn't work. The AI ​​of the bears have to be fixed, that's for sure.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”