.405 Lever Action Rifle

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: .405 Lever Action Rifle

Post by JimboCrow »

D3AKUs wrote:100% sure it will also get a scope soon too, just out of convinience :lol:
Maybe when they release the Teddy Roosevelt model! :lol:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Radamus wrote:Image

I know it's cool, but no scopee, no buyee ~ Just my thing. The open sights on these weapons have the POA and POI wrong, always have. When you have a bead, the POI is always on the top of the bead or blade. The guns in this game place the POI below the top of the bead/blade, you must cover your intended POI with the top of the sight bead or blade. - So if you aim naturally, the POI is low. It's just one of those nuances to hunting IRL they missed by a smidge. From the photos the ghost ring will block out bad, all the rings/hoods used in game are way too thick compared to reality and I think that's because of the 2X mag of the open sights.
I hope they see your pics Radamus, or are at least aware of the possibilities. The ring is so thick on the .405 that it actually obstructs much of the target, similar to the iron pins on the reverse xbow, and you recall how quickly they came out with a scope for that, albeit a poor one. So even if it's a relatively weak scope, maybe you likee and buyee sooner than you thinkee Lennee?? :lol: :lol:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I can't figure out how the dang thing can be loaded with a scope on it. Like Dantheman says, it is top loaded. So, how can a scope :? be on it? Either way, with or without a scope, I reckon it is a nice rifle that I'll be sure to buy soon. ;) Peace.

BCKidd

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

JimboCrow wrote: I hope they see your pics Radamus, or are at least aware of the possibilities. The ring is so thick on the .405 that it actually obstructs much of the target, similar to the iron pins on the reverse xbow, and you recall how quickly they came out with a scope for that, albeit a poor one. So even if it's a relatively weak scope, maybe you likee and buyee sooner than you thinkee Lennee?? :lol: :lol:
It's just like the open sights for the RDX, never use them because they are so thick and dark and obstructive -

And you ever notice how much like chocolate malted balls look like moose poop? Is it true Canadians have trouble discerning these two? Maybe it's just a myth :twisted:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Radamus wrote:It's just like the open sights for the RDX, never use them because they are so thick and dark and obstructive -

And you ever notice how much like chocolate malted balls look like moose poop? Is it true Canadians have trouble discerning these two? Maybe it's just a myth :twisted:
:lol: :lol: Ha ha!! No that's just a weird misconception among rubes from the missing link states of the Midwest! Actually, while it's well known among civilized folks that everyone born north of the 49th can tell a moose's age, sex, and health from its dung, it's less well known that we can also tell what language it speaks, English or French. You see, the French ones all have bits of cheese curds in them from all the poutine they've been eating!!! ;) :D

As for the rifle, I find I have to get really close so that I can kind of look over top of the sights, and then raise the barrel into place and quickly fire. Not really my idea of a well aimed shot, or even remotely ethical. Consequently I'm getting lots of runners with it.

EDIT: I neglected to add that I actually have very poor eyesight. This is probably a very important point considering others may not have any problems with the iron sights, as seems to be the case from this thread. :? My bad. :(
Last edited by JimboCrow on January 25th, 2018, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

BCKidd wrote:I can't figure out how the dang thing can be loaded with a scope on it. Like Dantheman says, it is top loaded. So, how can a scope :? be on it? Either way, with or without a scope, I reckon it is a nice rifle that I'll be sure to buy soon. ;) Peace.

BCKidd
Its not top loaded. Its top ejection.
I Believe this rifle had a 3 shot box mag underneath.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
BCKidd wrote:I can't figure out how the dang thing can be loaded with a scope on it. Like Dantheman says, it is top loaded. So, how can a scope :? be on it? Either way, with or without a scope, I reckon it is a nice rifle that I'll be sure to buy soon. ;) Peace.

BCKidd
Its not top loaded. Its top ejection.
It is loaded with 5 hits from the top

nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Its not top loaded. Its top ejection.
Maybe watch the videos? :)

Also, note how the rounds are inserted vertically first and then tilted over. I see no way to mount a scope above that if the animation is correct
Code: Select all
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

They did a lot of research on this gun and the only way people have mounted scopes on them makes the gun look so damn ugly... :?

It was either side mounted as mentioned earlier, or mounted very far down the barrel, pretty much above where your front hand would be holding.

I am working on the status update at the moment, but will post some pictures of how the iron sites look and work in game. I could comfortably hit the bulls eye on the range at 100m, first shot as well. Then to just really be brave I went to the clay range and manged to shoot some clays with it :lol:
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

TreeKiwi wrote:
I am working on the status update at the moment,
Ah, we will get the WR fix today. ;)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Return to “General Chat”