theHunter Forums log in failing

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
seammer
Tracker

theHunter Forums log in failing

Post by seammer »

In the last few months, when I attempt to sign in to theHunter Forums via 'Log In' my first attempt always fails.

This takes me to another log in page where I am required to type in the color names of theHunter logo.

I have been very careful about putting in my correct theHunter forum member name and password but this does not lead to a successful first attempt to log in.

I get the same result after even only one attempt to log in.

Would theHunter Forum management please address this?

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Re: theHunter Forums log in failing

Post by HD_Artworks »

I have to login for the second attemp, either.
I think they did this to stop bots/spammers.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I've been battling with this for about 2 weeks.
First my pc failed. It wouldn't restart. I kept getting a prompt that the restart failed & it gave me some options for how to repair the problems. I followed the steps & I was able to get back into my files. So I backed everything up as quick as possible.
All of my passwords were lost. I had them all written down so I didn't panic. When I tried to login to these forums I went through the same problems as above. I don't remember how many days passed with me trying a few times a day. Finally I broke down, created a new account, contacted Graham & he helped me get signed in. I promptly changed my password & updated my written list. A few days later my pc went through the same restart problems & I had to restore it to the original square one (4 years ago). In doing so I was, of course, logged out again.
Once the pc was running for a few days I tried to login & couldn't. I had ordered a new pc so I decided to avoid the embarrassment of bothering Graham again so soon, so I decided to wait until I had the new one running. Now that the new one has been going since Friday I still haven't been able to get logged in.... in Chrome. I signed in on Firefox & it worked right away (probably could have done that all along but I didn't think about it).
It's very odd that I keep getting this;
You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below
right away. And after I put in the color of the logo I still can't get in.
What a pain.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Violator31 wrote:You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below
right away. And after I put in the color of the logo I still can't get in.
I had the EXACT same issue about a month ago. I was also off the forums for a while because of it. What I ended up doing was completely taking my username and password out of the white boxes, and also the login Captcha. So all the boxes are white. Then Re enter your username and PW along with the word Orange in the Captcha box. This worked for me, I hope it helps you figure it out. Peace, ;)

P.S. I also am using Chrome.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

walt133 wrote:What I ended up doing was completely taking my username and password out of the white boxes, and also the login Captcha. So all the boxes are white.
I had tried that before, but upon your suggestion I tried it again & still no luck. But Thanks.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Violator31 wrote:
walt133 wrote:What I ended up doing was completely taking my username and password out of the white boxes, and also the login Captcha. So all the boxes are white.
I had tried that before, but upon your suggestion I tried it again & still no luck. But Thanks.
Hmm. I don't know what else to try then. Sorry I couldn't be more help. :|
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

I can log in if I type in the words " orange and white "

I hope this helps.

I just don't understand why we have to go through this process and why the alert of 'too many failed log in attempts "
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I have to log in twice if I log out. Solution, I stay logged in. Its all a plot to keep us glued to the forum ;)

orange is the key word. Just type orange & it will let you in.

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I gotta do the same, pita :?

Edit: Every comp besides my PC.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

@SoftShoe

I've never logged out. In all these years I've never logged out. I have had issues with the browser before & had to log back in, but it wasn't me that logged out.
And I did type in orange. I typed in "orange" - "Orange" - "ORANGE" ..... until I wanted to toss the blasted pc out the window. Nothing worked.
I still can't get logged in using Chrome, & it's been over a month, Firefox works though. Very annoying.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”