UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by BuiuRei »

Man, this service is growing nicely!

I for one do not care about these "patriotic" events, but if it floats everyone's boats...
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BuiuRei wrote:Man, this service is growing nicely!

I for one do not care about these "patriotic" events, but if it floats everyone's boats...
It's all just good fun, Ivan (if you don't mind me calling you by your name. :) ) No politics here, just geographically grouped virtual hunter's of the interweb. :D I would love to see your team from Brazil. You've got some real ringers! It all just makes for some serious trash talking and harmless gloating! (I'm looking at you now Radamus!) :lol:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

JimboCrow wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:Man, this service is growing nicely!

It's all just good fun, Ivan (if you don't mind me calling you by your name. :) ) No politics here, just geographically grouped virtual hunter's of the interweb. :D I would love to see your team from Brazil. You've got some real ringers! It all just makes for some serious trash talking and harmless gloating! (I'm looking at you now Radamus!) :lol:
If it goes like it went for Brazil on the world cup, we'll loose to Germany by 7 to 1.
Man, I like when the standards are set low! :lol:
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

JimboCrow wrote:(I'm looking at you now Radamus!) :lol:
:lol: I need different bait - maybe I'll try yellow snowballs with round smoked ham :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

BuiuRei wrote:If it goes like it went for Brazil on the world cup, we'll loose to Germany by 7 to 1.
Oh man, how fondly I remember that match! I felt so bad when I saw those Brazilian children in the stands, crying. Other than that, it was loads of fun! 8-)
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I want to give a quick update on the expedition analyser. It's almost finished and should be ready for release very soon. In the meantime, I will share some screenshots so people can see what sort of information it provides. Please remember, these are work in progress images and there may be some differences between what you see here, and the final result.

Pretty self-explanatory. You paste an expedition URL into the box and hit the Analyse Expedition button. Depending on the number of animals harvested during the hunt, it might take a couple of minutes to parse the data and prepare the report. You will see an animated icon showing that work is happening in the background.

Once the report loads, there are some tabs across the top. I will focus on the first tab for now.

Under the tabs you see the first bit of information about the expedition. The reserve, the starting location, the hunt start and end times, and whether it was a multiplayer or single player game.

Next the expedition overview section starts. Here you can see a couple of graphs. The first represents the weapons used during the expedition and displays ethical kills, hits and misses. The second represents animal information, including numbers harvested, tracked and spotted. It's important to note that you can roll your mouse over the graphs to see more information (as shown on the image above).

Then there are some widgets that display basic information about the hunt, including distance travelled, duration, average speed, best animal and male:female ratio (of harvests).

The next section focuses on the animals. There are two graphs. The first represents information about the animal weights and displays minimum, maximum, average and total weights by species. The second represents animal scoring information and displays minimum, maximum and average scores by species. Again, if you roll your mouse over these graphs, you get more information. Below the graphs is a widget bar which contains information relating to the animals, in this case number of animals harvested, number of harvests per hour and the predominant species harvested during the expedition.

Then there's a sortable table containing information on all the animals harvested during the expedition.

Next the weapons, starting with a graph that represents shot distances including minimum, maximum and average shot distances by species. Below that there's a few widgets that represent wound time, average shots per animal and average CSS. Then below that a visual representation of the most used weapon and ammo during the expedition.

Then a sortable table containing data about the weapons and ammo used during the expedition.

Now onto the next tab, which display a heatmap of animals harvested during the expedition. In the screenshot above, you can see that all species are selected and the heatmap represents every point on the map where an animal was harvested. You can use the species dropdown menu to filter and show heatmap data for just one species.

And as with any map, you can use your mouse wheel to zoom in and out, and left-click to pan the map around.

Anyway that's just a taster for now. There will be much more added, including data that compares the expedition to the hunter's season and lifetime statistics. There will also be more widgets that show average distance between first shot and harvest by species, percentage of shots taken with iron sights and scores, percentage of weapon types used (rifles, handguns, bows, shotguns, muzzleloaders) and more. Finally, there will be a UHC Score that gets applied to each hunt using a pretty long and convoluted algorithm that analyses a number of aspects of a hunt. The perfect hunt will reward a score of 100 (which we may tie to gems as rewards). More on that later though. If anyone has questions at this stage, feel free to ask.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

The only thing I can say is: DAMN! :lol:

Keep up with the great work and thank you very much!
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Holy crap! What an awesome tool this will be. I can learn the hot spots, and then direct guests to go the other way... :lol: :lol:

Seriously, great tool, David. Looking forward to it! Thank you! :D

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Holy cow !!!!! This is turning out to be one hell of a site !!!! :o
The heatmap is something i'll look often for sure . :P
For the rest , will i be bright enough to understand what i'm looking at !! :lol:
We can also look at hunts from others !!!? Omg , yes sir !!! :twisted:

tyvm David for this update / addition . ;)

stancomputerhunter wrote:I can learn the hot spots, and then direct guests to go the other way...
:lol: Not only the animals will get tracked and killed after that i guess . :lol:
Last edited by DYEUZ on January 17th, 2018, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Wow David this is great! Thanks you so much. Looking forward to using it.

Return to “Competitions”