New Shotgun.

FatMountainbear
Hunter

Re: New Shotgun.

Post by FatMountainbear »

I am all for a S-A shotgun, 12gauge or even 10gauge, with a mag capacity of three to six cartridges. It is more than time for a shotgun depicted above.
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Heck yes to a semi-auto 12ga!!!
ShawnyB

Post by ShawnyB »

I agree. A Benneli semi auto shotgun would be nice. I would also like to see an optic for the 10 gage lever action.
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

Hawkeye wrote:... any sort of multi-barrel gun that uses different ammo...
Well, you could say that most of the shotguns we currently have in the game are exactly this.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Ringolf wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:... any sort of multi-barrel gun that uses different ammo...
Well, you could say that most of the shotguns we currently have in the game are exactly this.
No, you couldn't. I'm referring to any weapon that has different ammo loaded in each of the barrels simultaneously. We have no such weapons.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I somehow felt in love with Mossberg 500 series shotguns (and they younger brothers from 590 series). As only theorethician of course, but I think it is simply better construction than Remington 870, on with in-game 12ga pump-action shotgun is based (but by all means I don't say, that 870 is bad). But I'm aware that in practise, in-game, there wouldn't be any noticable difference between already present gun, and the new one aside of details of the 3d model and textures. So I can live without Mossberg I guess. ;)

But 12ga semi-atuomatic shotgun would be nice. A don't feel so charmed by 10ga. I remember, that someone on the forum even wrote, that IRL, 10ga have actualy lower pressures, hence lower velocity, range, and penetration capabilities than 12ga. What is better is only that cartridge holds more pellets. Never checked this, so I don't realy know. However I don't feel a need of new 10ga shotgun, personally.

But what I would like to have, are chokes. I don't know is it possible and/or profitable for EW, but this would be realy nice addition. Not only for double-barreled shotguns. Simply to have possibility of changing a pattern for given task.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

We definitively need more shotguns : 16000 HS poins for ducks, 3000 HS points for rabbits, 3000 HS points for ptarmigans, 1000 HS points for pheasants, and 1000 HS points for geese.
Please :)
juliancoria

Re: 12 Ga. Bolt-Action shotgun.

Post by juliancoria »

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Sherab86 wrote:I somehow felt in love with Mossberg 500 series shotguns (and they younger brothers from 590 series). As only theorethician of course, but I think it is simply better construction than Remington 870, on with in-game 12ga pump-action shotgun is based (but by all means I don't say, that 870 is bad). But I'm aware that in practise, in-game, there wouldn't be any noticable difference between already present gun, and the new one aside of details of the 3d model and textures. So I can live without Mossberg I guess. ;)
I've had both and currently have a Mossberg 500 *** 3" <-(LOL - that's the Wild Turkey Federation Magnum version but can't say it properly in case you wondered about the stars-it's a short, collapsable stock, RealTree camo with vent rib and ported barrel with special steel shot turkey choke, really tight and will hurt you with 3") Personally, quality, tolerances the Wingmaster wins. The 500 is more like an AK47 compared to a M4, loser, forgiving but flat out performs. I think you could drop a 500 in wet sand, bang it against a tree and shake the sand out with the first shot and it would still cycle great! just like an AK would. One of my buddies shot a Mossberg while I always had autoloaders and we filled 100's of 30gal barrels with empty casings shooting clays summer after summer, we had 3 progressive reloaders going all week just to prepare for a weekend with friends. We got to buying our pigeons by the pallet and powder by the keg :lol: ~ My buddy never took care of anything, he bought it, used it till it broke and bought another one. I can't even guess but well past 10 or 15 thousand rounds at least and i did replace a few parts now and then on it for him, little clips on the slide and a slide once- it was a tough gun and for it's price point- best value in a shotgun ever and that's why there's a bazillion of them out there to this day.
But being a autoloader kind of person, Benelli forever!- I remember this necro thread and many more like it and we've been given some nice shotguns along the way. The 10ga is great but I'd never own one IRL, it's just old technology that would be out of place with a scope/red dot/Propoint so a modern auto 12ga still remains my highest desire.
I'd also think a blackpowder shotgun would be cool! I've3 used and shot an old cap lock dbl barrel that had awesome cool factor for nostalgia reason but it was a dirty damn thing :lol: A morning out rabbit hunting with one and you looked like you just got out of a coal mine - all black powder stuff is just dirty as hell in every way but that's how it was done.

Still a good discussion to be having!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Radamus wrote:
Sherab86 wrote:I somehow felt in love with Mossberg 500 series shotguns (and they younger brothers from 590 series). As only theorethician of course, but I think it is simply better construction than Remington 870, on with in-game 12ga pump-action shotgun is based (but by all means I don't say, that 870 is bad). But I'm aware that in practise, in-game, there wouldn't be any noticable difference between already present gun, and the new one aside of details of the 3d model and textures. So I can live without Mossberg I guess. ;)
I've had both and currently have a Mossberg 500 *** 3" <-(LOL - that's the Wild Turkey Federation Magnum version but can't say it properly in case you wondered about the stars-it's a short, collapsable stock, RealTree camo with vent rib and ported barrel with special steel shot turkey choke, really tight and will hurt you with 3") Personally, quality, tolerances the Wingmaster wins. The 500 is more like an AK47 compared to a M4...
Well, as I said, this is just my personal opinion, as a theorethician. :) This all probably depends of one's expectations from a shotgun. For example, the "loose" slider on Mossberg is designed feature, to compensate for use in "stresfull" situations and prevent of breaking the mechanism (and there are two extractors instead of one). Many complains on alluminium alloy reciver of Mossberg, but there is direct (steel to steel) barrel-bolt locking there, and the reciver act just as container, so it don't have to be steel simply. And being alluminium, it is lower on weight of course. Some other features that I consider are ergonomic, so to speak. I prefer the location of safety switch, and slider release button on Mossbberg. I also like the "loading port" more, without this plate cutting your fingers. ;) I don't know how this is with both guns precision, but in case of bird- and/or buckshot, I thinks this do not realy matter that much as long as we recive proper pattern. With slugs, this might be other story I suppose. But still I'm not sure is Mossberg realy noticable less precise (by avarage). By precision, I mean technical "performance" of the gun - not how individual shooter perform with a given gun. ;)

But... as I said, I don't mean, that 870 is bad in any way. It is a great shotgun. I simply prefer Mossberg over it. ;) However, in-game all this details mentioned above would have no meaning. So 500/590 would be just (slightly) different looking 12ga pump-action shotgun. ;) And yeah - for semi-ato, Benelli feels like first adress to go. ;)

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”