Game Update 20th December 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Re: Game Update 20th December 2017

Post by Eraser_SK »

I buy it... for 170 em$. Next year i expect loot box for nice price with surprise inside - can be nice camo clothes, new big gun or near useless wind indicator + dog equipment. :) But for now... Im happy we dont have this cancer in this game. I think its hard to resist for developers not implemented something like that... its hard to make something like new xmas style lodge and give it for free... i understand this... we all work for money... but be careful and dont ruin this game too much with "new mechanics"...
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Good Fixes. Great update. Still some to deal with, but I am sure they will be fixed after Holidays. Particularly the water where there is no water, and the too fast roaming Sambar.
I thought Heat mechanic was what was giving me a headache, but I think I have found the real culprit.

https://youtu.be/Y9ZLt_Ik2AU
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Pittie wrote:
◾Updated sound mix for every animal calls on Piccabeen Bay
I don't like it. Every call sounds now as if the animal is 20 meter away but it is 200+.
Depending on everyone's sound system its very, very hard to get it correct for everyone. For instance try plug in some phone ear buds, then some speakers and you will see that even on the same machine the sounds come through different on the different speaker setups :)
I'm definitely not tech savvy enough to argue against you guys, but I now have the same issue as Pittie and it was fine prior to the update. The deer, feral hogs and water buffalo all sound a good bit closer them they actually are, and a banteng that I think is literally right next to my tower ends up being on the edge of render range. It may be hard to get it right for every sound system (although wouldn't unusually loud still be unusually loud no matter the output device?) but whatever you guys did for this update makes the audio for the animals on PB much different than the audio for any other animals on every other map for me. The volume of calls now tends to be loud enough that I can no longer pinpoint direction of the call with a gaming headset, and that kind of defeats the point of a gaming headset. With regular computer speakers or earbuds, the volume itself wouldn't matter so much since they're not usually designed for all that fancy directional pinpointing, they just need to be loud enough to hear. I also don't expect even a fraction of the people playing this game to be using a gaming headset so I'm not hoping to be catered to or anything, I simply wanted to acknowledge that with a headset (one of the audio devices where volume and direction definitely does matter for immersion!) this map is now very inconsistent with all other maps. I've never had a problem with previous maps and until this update, all was well at PB too. Were players having trouble hearing the animals with different sound devices prior to the update? Just curious what warranted the change.

As for all the other fixes though, they seem to be working fine. Almost wish the pigs had stayed silent though, they squealing drives me crazy!
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

INTIMID883R wrote:and the too fast roaming Sambar.
Naaah , i hope they dont change anything about Sambar :D keep em the way they are. U can easily catch up to them after getting a call or finding fresh tracks. Making them slower would make them a lot easier. They are supposed to be a challenge and right now their whole kit makes them stand out from all the other deer that u can just blast away once u see them. Only fix i see needed is having a closer look on the hit detection for them. Otherwise i havent felt like they need a fix. But at the end its just oppinions. Lets see how Sambar will be affected once they are done with the tuning on the reserve :)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

D3AKUs wrote:Naaah , i hope they dont change anything about Sambar :D keep em the way they are. U can easily catch up to them after getting a call or finding fresh tracks. Making them slower would make them a lot easier. They are supposed to be a challenge and right now their whole kit makes them stand out from all the other deer that u can just blast away once u see them. Only fix i see needed is having a closer look on the hit detection for them. Otherwise i havent felt like they need a fix. But at the end its just oppinions. Lets see how Sambar will be affected once they are done with the tuning on the reserve :)
I guess roaming speed becomes more of an issue on an animal that can't be called, if you're bow-hunting them. I haven't hunted them properly yet, but I'm guessing that's what Tony's doing.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Oh yes it is easy enough to get in rifle range, but give a try to getting within 40 m for a shot with a Recurve or Longbow. Never mind those bow Hunters that need to get closer. Can't catch them crouching, I have had them spook at 80 m, and walking they will bolt at way over 100m. I also had one "jump the String" with the Heavy Recurve at 77 m, a shot that I am quite comfortable taking. No animal can hear a properly tuned Recurve at that distance.

Yes David as you can tell by my post, Bow hunting is the problem, and I am certain I am not the only Bow Hunter in the game. How about giving us Bow Hunters a little Love and fix some off our issues.
Spoiler:
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

caledonianblues wrote:
D3AKUs wrote:Naaah , i hope they dont change anything about Sambar :D keep em the way they are. U can easily catch up to them after getting a call or finding fresh tracks. Making them slower would make them a lot easier. They are supposed to be a challenge and right now their whole kit makes them stand out from all the other deer that u can just blast away once u see them. Only fix i see needed is having a closer look on the hit detection for them. Otherwise i havent felt like they need a fix. But at the end its just oppinions. Lets see how Sambar will be affected once they are done with the tuning on the reserve :)
I guess roaming speed becomes more of an issue on an animal that can't be called, if you're bow-hunting them. I haven't hunted them properly yet, but I'm guessing that's what Tony's doing.
I can see that, getting in safe bow range for the tanky Sambar might be a lil harder. I have taken out a good amount with the Reverse Draw already but that easily kills them even at 40+m ( cause lets be honest, that thing is a rocket launcher in disguise :lol: ) which will be hard to pull off with a bow i guess. Good Point there !
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

INTIMID883R wrote:Oh yes it is easy enough to get in rifle range, but give a try to getting within 40 m for a shot with a Recurve or Longbow. Never mind those bow Hunters that need to get closer. Can't catch them crouching, I have had them spook at 80 m, and walking they will bolt at way over 100m. I also had one "jump the String" with the Heavy Recurve at 77 m, a shot that I am quite comfortable taking. No animal can hear a properly tuned Recurve at that distance.

Yes David as you can tell by my post, Bow hunting is the problem, and I am certain I am not the only Bow Hunter in the game. How about giving us Bow Hunters a little Love and fix some off our issues.
Agree. I've only bow hunted them so far, the ones shot with rifle are just rage kills lol.

I can get them in to 15-30 meters, but it takes some time usually. I have no problems shooting them 50-80 meters away, but for many players 50 meter+ shots are not something they would take at all. Also they seem to not have a destination at all, they just trott around without any reason, especially the females.

And then again, when you first get them close enough for a bow shot, the absolutely messed up hitbox comes and says hi.... I've taken shots at a few from a distance between 15-30 meters right in the middle of the chest broadside, and i get stupid body shots. After all that work to get them into that range to then get a body shot out of a perfectly placed shot, that's just crushing the whole experience for me.

But i really hope and guess the devs know about the hitboxes, hopefully there comes a fix for it soon.

INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

@kevin2106 Not to mention that they never stop moving. They don't eat, drink, or sleep that I have seen. Instead of 500kg and indestructible, they should all be nothing but skin and bones. LOL
Spoiler:
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

INTIMID883R wrote:@kevin2106 Not to mention that they never stop moving. They don't eat, drink, or sleep that I have seen. Instead of 500kg and indestructible, they should all be nothing but skin and bones. LOL
I agree, Tony! There's just to many animals in our game that don't stop and graze enough. EW will argue that if they
did add grazing time, then it would be a slaughter fest, but I disagree to point. They could stop and graze occasionally.
As far as the Sambar, I find that when you do get one in range, of whatever bow you prefer, in my case the Python, they flee before
you can get your bow in position to shoot. I think if they slow down the reaction time a bit, then it might not be so bad.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”