Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Pupic
Hunter

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by Pupic »

Alena Rybik wrote: 10 min sounds way too little, this is something that you should experience when wearing Arctic clothes. What else are you wearing? Can you post a video showing your clothing then the in-game effect you described? Arid outfit should give the same high level of heat protection as the Outback and the Tropical forest camo outfit.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?
Alena please don`t blame me if i pass video recording (i have never recorded in game video and i wouldn't know where to upload it before posting it here...some third-party site or something where i need to have an account?)

Anyway, if you can take my word....what i did next is opened new hunt at 7am, wearing only Sneaky 3D Arid Camo (everithing from the bundle), and started walking. As soon as i noticed first glimpse of that blur (screen corners pulsating, making `waves` or what to call it ) occurring i aimed my look at some solid terrain just to be sure am i seeing it right, and yes the corners were definitely doing that wave motion. It was 07.05 am.
For next hunt i changed into Artic clothes......with identical outcome.

Also, i am not stating that this is something hugely noticeable, i am just saying that its there from the first minutes of the game getting to the point where i cant stand it anymore after just 30 RL minutes. (that could be just my perception and i realize others may or may not feel the same during the same time period)

btw...if i could ask (since i spend an hour of hunting during the storm and black skies) why does that heating keeps getting worse even while walking trough water or being wet as mice during the heavy rain.
If you did go for more reality with this heating effect i can say you failed badly :D
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Pupic wrote: ...(i have never recorded in game video and i wouldn't know where to upload it before posting it here...some third-party site or something where i need to have an account?)
YouTube...
Personal Bests...
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Pupic wrote: No.... the edges goes slightly blur/watery after just 10-15 minutes in to the game (5 min RL) walking upright/crouching. I can say that after 45min (RL) i can`t stand looking at my wobbly rifle - which i always carry in hands.
Taking a zip of water does fix it but 10 min. after blur slowly starts to build up again, not enough time to even give my eyes a descent chance to recover...
Odd, I don't believe that occurred for me in either of my hunts. Maybe I'm just not sensitive enough to notice a very minute ripple? I'll make sure to look really closely next time I hunt, but I really don't believe this was the case for me at all. The fact that you're experiencing the same issue in high heat resistance clothing and winter clothing at the exact same time means there has to be something else at play, or I'm sure there would be A LOT more complaining about the new overheating system than there currently is. Out of curiosity, are you wearing anything in addition to the hat/gloves/boots/top/pants? Are you wearing a face mask? Any glasses? A backpack? Just wondering if maybe another individual wearable item may be triggering the effect early.

EDIT: Also I still see people having an issue with the water bottles. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought each bottle has 3 uses per hunt? Since we were given 3 free bottles, does that not mean we get up to 9 free uses per hunt? Even if you somehow need to use the water bottle every 20 minutes, which I'm not sure how that's happening as I played for over an hour and never needed to use it once, you'd still have three straight hours of hunting on free water.
Last edited by xOEDragonx on December 14th, 2017, 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Schlachtwolf wrote:There is one bird/animal that is really annoying like a tannoy in your ear
Yeah, that one gets on my nerves too, since he doesn't seem to take a break.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Alena Rybik wrote:Can anyone else confirm this bug?
When wearing tropical camo, the effects started to be (barely) noticable around the edges 10mins after every sip of water for me. No running, just walking/crouch walking.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

xOEDragonx wrote:Out of curiosity, are you wearing anything in addition to the hat/gloves/boots/top/pants? Are you wearing a face mask? Any glasses? A backpack? Just wondering if maybe another individual wearable item may be triggering the effect early....

EDIT: Also I still see people having an issue with the water bottles. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought each bottle has 3 uses per hunt? Since we were given 3 free bottles......
Like i stated.... wearing "only Sneaky 3D Arid Camo (everithing from the bundle)"
...and as you can see, Knut noticed the same thing.

As for the water bottle - yes its possible to hunt 3 hours with that water........but those 3 hours is constant fight with that blur progressing - or should i call it `Sharp the picture` mini-game (Man, i can tell you that VdB rope climbing sounds awesome now :D ).
I didn`t get the point at all, the same heat effect could be presented as some fatigue (slower walking speed, slower weap. loading, zooming or aiming with some kind of sweat effect over the screen ) - not with this pulsation that has an increasingly direct impact on players eyes trough the whole hunting trip.

P.S. I dont know why someone doesn't notice it as much as i do. As i said my eyesight is perfect as could be, and this screen defection is noticeable for me as soon as it starts to happen. Like i put someone prescription glasses on - that is how it feels like. Just bad.
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

I haven't hunted the region yet so I need to know this. Could the over heating symptoms screen trigger someone with epilepsy?

deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

Ah! Heat mechanics! Just what I had asked for in the thoughts and suggestions. Man that reserve looks great! Can't wait to give it a go! Now to wait for the update to download in my computer....

I Love Big Racks
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

DeadClopz wrote:. Could the over heating symptoms screen trigger someone with epilepsy?
Maybe.
But certainly not at the initial levels. You'd need to have a more pronounced picture periphery blurring effect to trigger motion sickness, epilepsy, migraine or similar predispositions.

The effect I notice after 10mins is a the very rim of the screen (me using a 27" @2560x1440) and I have to stand still and actively focus on the screen's edges to notice. It becomes really annoying after an hour or so. I fear at that stage it could trigger said predispositions.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

From what I've seen of how the heating effect takes place, I wouldn't doubt it could trigger an attack. It makes me nauseous. I think it really needs to be looked at again by EW. The way the trees and scenery begin swaying to and fro- it reminds me of the heat waves you see rising from pavement (black top highways) when it is hot out. So, they (EW) did a good job in that aspect, but I don't feel it is needed on the reserve. I hope you get a more authentic answer, Deadclopz. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”