Holiday Event 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Re: Holiday Event 2017

Post by Eraser_SK »

From some time i see some bad fps drop... from 82 - 102 fps to 42fps and after few secodn again.... and again... ok with 42 fps is game playable... but on WRR drop my fps with scope to 10!!! Even before when all players after introduce this map how big problem i can play with out problem. In summer i play on WRR many time and have no problem... so what is going on? Did you have change something? On my laptop i play all new game on high with 60+ FPS... today i miss Dall Sheep from 80m bcz of low fps in scope mode... im only one who have now problem on this map and FPS drop on other maps?
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

A very big thanks from me to Matt and especially Kevin for helping me out with today's Rock Ptarmigan mission!

Great work on those streams in general, enjoying them very much even if I usually only participate as a viewer.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Eraser_SK wrote:im only one who have now problem on this map and FPS drop on other maps?
You're not the only one. I too have started to experience serious FPS drops, on WRR specifically, that I have never experienced in the past year. There has also been mention of optimization issues in the "Time to Say Goodbye" thread in the general chat section of the forum. CaledonianBlues made an observation about experiencing issues after updating a video card driver, and I believe I recently updated a driver as well (I'll need to check on that, here's the not-so-tech-savvy part of me coming out!) so I must wonder if others are experiencing this after software updates unrelated to the game as well.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

xOEDragonx wrote:
Eraser_SK wrote:im only one who have now problem on this map and FPS drop on other maps?
You're not the only one. I too have started to experience serious FPS drops, on WRR specifically, that I have never experienced in the past year. There has also been mention of optimization issues in the "Time to Say Goodbye" thread in the general chat section of the forum. CaledonianBlues made an observation about experiencing issues after updating a video card driver, and I believe I recently updated a driver as well (I'll need to check on that, here's the not-so-tech-savvy part of me coming out!) so I must wonder if others are experiencing this after software updates unrelated to the game as well.
From November 29th I'm playing only on WRR, about 6 hours a day, no drop of fps I have 60 fps constant during all the time.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I get that the holiday stuff is probably a lot of work to do and that it's a REALLY awesome way to keep people busy but I must say it's disheartening to have every competition and mission be fairly weapon-specific. It just ends up feeling like another cash grab, and makes me want to spend less, not more, to not support that. It's really frustrating to get on and excitedly check the stuff only to find out it's some weapon I again have 0 interest in and need to pay to unlock. Disappointing not to be able to partake without spending more.

My two cents added in; I hope the rest are more general :(
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

It doesn't cost a nickel to play. Missions that are weapon specific only require you to harvest the animal, not shoot it. So, get in a MP with someone who has the weapon that you don't have, and have no interest in, and help them find what you need, and then harvest their kill.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

TheSheWolf wrote:It just ends up feeling like another cash grab,
Well, that's Christmas for you. At least from an industry viewpoint. Any industry, actually.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
ArwenerI
Spotter

Post by ArwenerI »

stancomputerhunter wrote:It doesn't cost a nickel to play. Missions that are weapon specific only require you to harvest the animal, not shoot it. So, get in a MP with someone who has the weapon that you don't have, and have no interest in, and help them find what you need, and then harvest their kill.
Yes but there are competitions that ask for weapons too , like the rabbit comp with 22. or 17. and im sure there are more to come like this.It was sad for my wife to lose these 10000 jelly points.
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

I just shot some ducks for the comp, says i'm in position 147 but i didn't receive the 10k jolly points :cry:

Edit: Tried improving my position and that somehow worked :?
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

TheSheWolf wrote:I get that the holiday stuff is probably a lot of work to do and that it's a REALLY awesome way to keep people busy but I must say it's disheartening to have every competition and mission be fairly weapon-specific. It just ends up feeling like another cash grab, and makes me want to spend less, not more, to not support that. It's really frustrating to get on and excitedly check the stuff only to find out it's some weapon I again have 0 interest in and need to pay to unlock. Disappointing not to be able to partake without spending more.

My two cents added in; I hope the rest are more general :(
Hey this is part of the thinking behind the daily streams we are doing. I am setting up a duck map as soon as I have finished writing this to you. Come join the fun today at 4pm CET. We couldn't do the Red deer one yesterday sadly because we showed off the new reserve. But maybe we have time in the next few weeks to revisit it :)

So in the Holiday Spirit, this is why we are doing the daily streams :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”