Game & Status Updates 15th November 2017 - Loadouts

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Game & Status Updates 15th November 2017 - Loadouts

Post by Violator31 »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Violator31 wrote: Similar to what I had happen at RFF 2 nights ago. I shot a Blacktail. Harvested it. The score never showed up (just the spinning circle). The game froze while I was trying to take the trophy shot. Alt-tab didn't help so I hit ctrl-alt-delete and then cancel. I was able to get into the game but the photo uploading notice never went away. I waited a few minutes the hit alt-f4.
I got a letter from Doc and the animal he claims I didn't harvest has a photo in my gallery of a buck that reads "no score".
**edit*** and there isn't anything in the hunt history either.
It looks like we had some server issues at the end of the last week and over the weekend, and what you describe sounds related to that. How often and when have you been experiencing this issue?
I have not been hunting (ingame) as much as I would like (getting in some actual real life hunting) so I only had it happen a few times. Thank you for the follow up.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

I just finished Saving all of my new Loadouts and they are GREAT! THANKS EW!!! I Purchased 12 Loadouts in the Bundle and so have one for all of the existing 11 Reserves and one for the NEW Australian Reserve when that one comes out. he he

Wetland :D
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Prinz1989 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:After using the new saved loadouts, I would like to comment. They are wonderful! Just click on one of your saved ones before you START the game, and you're good to go. I even had a hunt where I used my last scent eliminator, so the spot was empty. Ordinarily it would still be empty at the beginning of the next hunt. Since it was part of a saved inventory, it loaded a new one for the next start. Cool! 8-)
I 100% agree. Another example is ammunition if you shoot more than 10 shots in the next hunt a package will be missing. With the loadouts you will always be able to start with full 30 shots.
I only have used the free one so far, and it works well after some issues getting it to save (possibly user error). It does seem quite handy and I will probably end up with more, but have some questions.

While I like the idea of it giving me all the ammo again, I wonder what would happen if you have no replacement scent eliminator, or any other consumable when selecting that pack. Will it crash the game since it can't do what is requested ?

Also since there are 2 options from the launcher, "saved loadouts", and "last used equipment", does the "last used equipment" get overwritten by a saved pack if you use one of them from the launcher, or is it the last used that was not one of the saved packs?
If it gets overwritten by a saved pack via the launcher from the previous hunt, and a missing consumable causes an issue, the only user fix would be to buy more of that consumable before attempting to load again if you only have the free pack.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Luna Duclos
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Luna Duclos »

DHRifleman wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:After using the new saved loadouts, I would like to comment. They are wonderful! Just click on one of your saved ones before you START the game, and you're good to go. I even had a hunt where I used my last scent eliminator, so the spot was empty. Ordinarily it would still be empty at the beginning of the next hunt. Since it was part of a saved inventory, it loaded a new one for the next start. Cool! 8-)
I 100% agree. Another example is ammunition if you shoot more than 10 shots in the next hunt a package will be missing. With the loadouts you will always be able to start with full 30 shots.
I only have used the free one so far, and it works well after some issues getting it to save (possibly user error). It does seem quite handy and I will probably end up with more, but have some questions.

While I like the idea of it giving me all the ammo again, I wonder what would happen if you have no replacement scent eliminator, or any other consumable when selecting that pack. Will it crash the game since it can't do what is requested ?

Also since there are 2 options from the launcher, "saved loadouts", and "last used equipment", does the "last used equipment" get overwritten by a saved pack if you use one of them from the launcher, or is it the last used that was not one of the saved packs?
If it gets overwritten by a saved pack via the launcher from the previous hunt, and a missing consumable causes an issue, the only user fix would be to buy more of that consumable before attempting to load again if you only have the free pack.
"Last used equipment" simply goes back to how the game used to work before loadouts, it'll keep whatever you used when you logged out the previous game.
If you select a loadout, and it contains items you no longer own (be it consumables you ran out of, or even if an item was taken away by support for some reason or another), the item will simply be skipped.
If you are in the inventory UI, the skipped slot will glow red to notify you of this, but you can ignore this if you wish. If you equip it from the launcher, you get no warning though.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

TreeKiwi wrote:I am so sorry for the confusion over the Rain forest vs Tropical forest debate...
Well, after 44 years of living I thought this was the same :lol:
For me, if it's this or that, dosn't matter, what matters is how high up on the trees the treestand will get? ;)
I asume the trees in this forest are about 350-400 meters high, but ofcorse, I may be wrong :D

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Luna Duclos wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:

"Last used equipment" simply goes back to how the game used to work before loadouts, it'll keep whatever you used when you logged out the previous game.
If you select a loadout, and it contains items you no longer own (be it consumables you ran out of, or even if an item was taken away by support for some reason or another), the item will simply be skipped.
If you are in the inventory UI, the skipped slot will glow red to notify you of this, but you can ignore this if you wish. If you equip it from the launcher, you get no warning though.
Thanks for the info Luna, and I am glad you designed it not only to avoid an issue but also that it will tell you that you ran out of something via the inventory UI.
Excellent work!
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Sounds like some really great new developments that we have received or will receive soon.

Wow! It is always amazing to see how much new things the thC can squeeze out of its about 10-years-old engine every day again.

I only wish I had more time to really enjoy all this as much as I was used to some 5-6 years ago... But the game has grown so enormously since then that it is hardly possible anymore to cover everything ....
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

If its not said before, remember to add consumables to your backpack after loading in a loadout ;)

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Pretty_Boy wrote:If its not said before, remember to add consumables to your backpack after loading in a loadout ;)
Why? Consumables can be part of a loadout.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

caledonianblues wrote:
Pretty_Boy wrote:If its not said before, remember to add consumables to your backpack after loading in a loadout ;)
Why? Consumables can be part of a loadout.
I'm guessing he means if you run out of them & don't realize it, head out & get mauled by a bear to realize you were out of medkits (just guessing though).
DHRifleman asked about that in an earlier thread (maybe earlier in this one, I'll try to find it.
***edit*** hahaha...the reply I was referring to is 3 or 4 comments above this one.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”