The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Re: Game & Status Updates 15th November 2017 - Loadouts

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,
TheSpecter wrote:pardon my French
Your English is excellent.
TheSpecter wrote:I'm a bit torn here tbh. I understand both how you feel and the need of EW to generate revenue in order to keep things going. In fact, I've defended them over this in the forum time and again. And yes, I agree with Alena that the saveable loadouts can indeed be regarded as a premium feature, as they merely serve convenience.

Since I was asking for this feature for quite some time, I was thrilled to hear it was finally coming. However, my excitement was quickly curbed when I went to the store. 250 em$ per slot, or 200 em$ in a bundle is imho - - nothing short of a rip-off. I appreciate the effort that went into this feature, and the financial constraints a business like EW is operating under, but this is bordering on the ridiculous. As things are, I'm going to pass on this. You're absolutely right btw, for the first time since I started playing TH, I feel indeed like a cash cow. And I can't say it helps to increase my readiness to spend further money on stuff in this game...

Giving away a single slot as a bonus for a five grand purchase is a good idea btw, as most of the money would be spent on gear anyway - which might in turn create the need for new slots... ;)
This is exactly how I feel about this. Ripped off is ab bit too harsh. See, in my opinion this is a premium game. I can't think of any other computer game people put so much money in. Sure, there are some games where you can buy a lot of dlc. But here, some people have put thousands of dollars into their maps. A hundret or a couple of hundret is quite common.
I don't have a problem with that, I even enjoy it. Because it's nice to get something new and go having some fun with it and you often really feel the difference. And we are really getting something nice here that is worth the money.

I am as well more a fan of this game and of the work EW does. When friends of mine or my girl complain about stuff beeing to expensive and devs beeing greedy, I always step in to defend this great game i really like.

But some features should be basic, especially when considering the prices of everything else. We shouldn't have to pay extra for carrying space ore for some slots for preset loadouts. I can understand the devs point of view, but I just don't agree here. I do in most other points, but this doesn't feel right. Half the price would be ok. This price or even a little more like 300 per slot would have been ok if we had gotten a couple of free slots. As I said, there are a couple of features a customer could demand when he is to invest that much into a game.

This won't make me a hater, though, and I won't quit because of one minor disagreement. I'm thinking about putting a boycot on the loadouts, but as far as I know myself, I'm gnna surrender and get a big bundle sooner or later. Although I am absolutely sure that I will enjoy setting them up and quickly changing them. On the other hand, there will still be something like an unpleasant feeling with this. Would't call it raped or ripped of, but still... I agree this is very difficult to explain, especially in a foreign language, but I know people understand what I mean.
Sheldon wrote:Do not you understand what I want??? I do not think so!!! :roll:

I do not care what EW does for months!
If it's grassland, good.
It's just me that they should keep their word!!! And if they say Tropical Forests, so must Tropical Forest!!!
Then they chose the wrong words in the last status update! At the word tropical forests I expect a hunt in a very dense forest on probably very small animals.
Or EW have to correct the mistake and not say it will be Tropical Forests and then the focus is not in it!!!

Understand it finally! :roll:
No offense, mate, but I don't understand the point here. Yeah, Alena said it would be a rainforest map. But it wouldn't be bad to put some grassland, riverbanks or whatever in it wthout making this statement invalid or a lie. It will still be a rainforest theme. Australian Rainforest. If you haven't seen it yet, look up some of the areas other users have recommended, and you'll see that there's a large variety of habitats. How would you call it, or what should she have said? Rainforest-Grassland-Swamp-Mix-Map? Geez..

Btw, until now I have only been complaining 'bout the loadout prices, but I'm excited about the australian map. Since there'll be an Aussie producer soon, this might become awesome. And maybe BRR will get a little more love, too. Sure, been hoping for Africa, but let's be honest : That would be way too much work to be released now. Basically they wouldn't be able to use any of the species in the game so far. And the number of species on one map wouldn't be sufficient to release all the species people would love to hunt there.
Think of big five different plainsgame like wilde/hartebeest, sprinbok, impala, antelope and so on, predators, birds, crocs... wouldn't even try to count. Would be enough stuff for a second huntnig/safari game or a big expansion. Let's wait and see while exploring the other stuff. Not sure if stalking in the jungle will be my kind, but even if it's not my map there's plenty to do. Many people where wishing for a jungle environment (jungle, rainforest, tropical forest, don'w ant to get caught on such details) so I think this is an excellent choice.

Greetings,
Wehrwolf
μολών λαβέ
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

outrider wrote:rain forest.......does that mean we will be getting a lot more rain than what we get now..?................. :D
Noooo! I sure hope the emphasis will be on "forest", not on "rain"... :lol:
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

Sheldon wrote:That is it. I do not understand what that should be! If they say there is a Tropical Forests map then there can be no grasslands and no bigger animals. If they call the map grassland then it is ok. I can not say I'm doing an Antarctica map and then comes sandy desert with camels or so... understand?
If you say it will be the tropical forests then it must clearly dominate and can not do something completely different.

Then they would not have kept word and missed the Topic!

PS: But we also do not want BR map 2.0, with the same animals as kangaroo and pigs. We all saw how bad the card was accepted...

EW should perhaps think again what they are doing!
Er, you do understand that even dense jungles or rain forests are usually interspersed with areas of lighter vegetation and clearings, yes? And that they can border on grasslands, too? ;) So the upcoming reserve can simply consist of a forest area and its bordering grasslands...
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

TheSpecter wrote:
outrider wrote:rain forest.......does that mean we will be getting a lot more rain than what we get now..?................. :D
Noooo! I sure hope the emphasis will be on "forest", not on "rain"... :lol:

i agree,....but, do the Dev's ?.......................... :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

Gewehrwolf wrote:Hi,
TheSpecter wrote:pardon my French
Your English is excellent.
TheSpecter wrote:I'm a bit torn here tbh. I understand both how you feel and the need of EW to generate revenue in order to keep things going. In fact, I've defended them over this in the forum time and again. And yes, I agree with Alena that the saveable loadouts can indeed be regarded as a premium feature, as they merely serve convenience.

Since I was asking for this feature for quite some time, I was thrilled to hear it was finally coming. However, my excitement was quickly curbed when I went to the store. 250 em$ per slot, or 200 em$ in a bundle is imho - - nothing short of a rip-off. I appreciate the effort that went into this feature, and the financial constraints a business like EW is operating under, but this is bordering on the ridiculous. As things are, I'm going to pass on this. You're absolutely right btw, for the first time since I started playing TH, I feel indeed like a cash cow. And I can't say it helps to increase my readiness to spend further money on stuff in this game...

Giving away a single slot as a bonus for a five grand purchase is a good idea btw, as most of the money would be spent on gear anyway - which might in turn create the need for new slots... ;)
This is exactly how I feel about this. Ripped off is ab bit too harsh. See, in my opinion this is a premium game. I can't think of any other computer game people put so much money in. Sure, there are some games where you can buy a lot of dlc. But here, some people have put thousands of dollars into their maps. A hundret or a couple of hundret is quite common.
I don't have a problem with that, I even enjoy it. Because it's nice to get something new and go having some fun with it and you often really feel the difference. And we are really getting something nice here that is worth the money.

I am as well more a fan of this game and of the work EW does. When friends of mine or my girl complain about stuff beeing to expensive and devs beeing greedy, I always step in to defend this great game i really like.

But some features should be basic, especially when considering the prices of everything else. We shouldn't have to pay extra for carrying space ore for some slots for preset loadouts. I can understand the devs point of view, but I just don't agree here. I do in most other points, but this doesn't feel right. Half the price would be ok. This price or even a little more like 300 per slot would have been ok if we had gotten a couple of free slots. As I said, there are a couple of features a customer could demand when he is to invest that much into a game.

This won't make me a hater, though, and I won't quit because of one minor disagreement. I'm thinking about putting a boycot on the loadouts, but as far as I know myself, I'm gnna surrender and get a big bundle sooner or later. Although I am absolutely sure that I will enjoy setting them up and quickly changing them. On the other hand, there will still be something like an unpleasant feeling with this. Would't call it raped or ripped of, but still... I agree this is very difficult to explain, especially in a foreign language, but I know people understand what I mean.
Sheldon wrote:Do not you understand what I want??? I do not think so!!! :roll:

I do not care what EW does for months!
If it's grassland, good.
It's just me that they should keep their word!!! And if they say Tropical Forests, so must Tropical Forest!!!
Then they chose the wrong words in the last status update! At the word tropical forests I expect a hunt in a very dense forest on probably very small animals.
Or EW have to correct the mistake and not say it will be Tropical Forests and then the focus is not in it!!!

Understand it finally! :roll:
No offense, mate, but I don't understand the point here. Yeah, Alena said it would be a rainforest map. But it wouldn't be bad to put some grassland, riverbanks or whatever in it wthout making this statement invalid or a lie. It will still be a rainforest theme. Australian Rainforest. If you haven't seen it yet, look up some of the areas other users have recommended, and you'll see that there's a large variety of habitats. How would you call it, or what should she have said? Rainforest-Grassland-Swamp-Mix-Map? Geez..

Btw, until now I have only been complaining 'bout the loadout prices, but I'm excited about the australian map. Since there'll be an Aussie producer soon, this might become awesome. And maybe BRR will get a little more love, too. Sure, been hoping for Africa, but let's be honest : That would be way too much work to be released now. Basically they wouldn't be able to use any of the species in the game so far. And the number of species on one map wouldn't be sufficient to release all the species people would love to hunt there.
Think of big five different plainsgame like wilde/hartebeest, sprinbok, impala, antelope and so on, predators, birds, crocs... wouldn't even try to count. Would be enough stuff for a second huntnig/safari game or a big expansion. Let's wait and see while exploring the other stuff. Not sure if stalking in the jungle will be my kind, but even if it's not my map there's plenty to do. Many people where wishing for a jungle environment (jungle, rainforest, tropical forest, don'w ant to get caught on such details) so I think this is an excellent choice.

Greetings,
Wehrwolf
Thanks for your feedback, mate.

Well, I have no intention of quitting the game, as I still enjoy it a lot - and most definitely not over disagreeing with the price of a minor item. And yes, you're probably right, "ripped off" might be too harsh a word - let's make it "overpriced" instead. ;) Like you, I usually defend EW in the forum against complaints regarding items having a price tag or being too expensive, but in this case, I felt they simply went too far.

As I said, however, I won't buy any slots at the current price. Could be very well, that their pricing of this item might backfire. Had they made a reasonable price, say 150 em$ for a single slot and 600 em$ for a five-set, I would've bough ten, as I frequently change between layouts and often would forget to pack items - hence the checklists... :lol:

It is a premium game indeed. So far, I've spent an average of 110 EUR per year, never regretting any of it so far. At the cheapest rate, however, 11 slots would come at a price of roughly 18 EUR. No offence meant, but that is imho simply too little value for money.

Just my two cents of course, as usual...
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

If they say rainforest then it has to be the main element as well.
If the rainforest is only a small part of the map and there are no huntable animals there, and all just hunt in the outskirts where grassland is, then the topic for me is wrong!
For example, RB has been named after the swamps and not the northern area, you know?
And call me please one animal species that could come into play in the dense rainforest?
Do not start again with kangaroo and deer, they will not live there!
All animal species that live on trees and most of them are excreted because that does not work.

In 14 pages you did not name one animal that would be possible in the dense rainforest.
But only talks about the grassland. weird, isn't it?
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Key word to the entire Australian Tropical forest is "inspired? which means they thought of that when creating the reserve. It doesn't mean it is an "Australian Tropical forest " just that it will include elements of one along with anything else they wanted to add. Just as WRR was inspired by Alaska, it doesn't mean it matches exactly.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Redmaster
Scout

Post by Redmaster »

Even if for some reason they do make it a bonafide rainforest(which I don't think they will), Molucan Rusa Deer are quite common in the far northern reaches of Queensland(which is rainforest).
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Rainforest was never said in the status update. The wording used was tropical forest! A tropical forest does not have to be a rainforest so no need to get you're panties in a bunch.
Spoiler:
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Rainforest was never said in the status update. The wording used was tropical forest! A tropical forest does not have to be a rainforest so no need to get you're panties in a bunch.
can't help getting your panties in a bunch,....when your wadding around in waist high rain water..... :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”