Game & Status Updates 15th November 2017 - Loadouts

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: Game & Status Updates 15th November 2017 - Loadouts

Post by outrider »

rain forest.......does that mean we will be getting a lot more rain than what we get now..?................. :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Simple Tropical forest does not have mean rainforest. Which is why I ask this question back on page 3
RidgeBack69 wrote:I have a question. Is it a tropical rainforest or a tropical dry forest?
I know next to nothing about the animals of Australia but here is what I able find .

http://www.ucsusa.org/sites/default/fil ... egions.pdf
Last edited by RidgeBack69 on November 17th, 2017, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I've noticed somethin' strange on TgT since it went back to normal from the Howlin-een event. The hunter mate doesn't always gather up wolves. The score circle jus' spins and spins and when you simply resume hunt- and you check your harvested animals that wolf that you didn't bother to wait for the hunter mate to take its score- isn't even listed in the harvested animals after you close off the game. Anyone else havin' this issue with the HM not always gathering the data for killed animals? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Simple Tropical forest does not have mean rainforest. Which is why I ask this question back on page 3
RidgeBack69 wrote:I have a question. Is it a tropical rainforest or a tropical dry forest?
I know next to nothing about the animals of Australia but here is what I able find .

http://www.ucsusa.org/sites/default/fil ... egions.pdf
From what I can find large mammals are found in tropical dry forest not tropical rain forest.
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

BCKidd wrote:I've noticed somethin' strange on TgT since it went back to normal from the Howlin-een event. The hunter mate doesn't always gather up wolves. The score circle jus' spins and spins and when you simply resume hunt- and you check your harvested animals that wolf that you didn't bother to wait for the hunter mate to take its score- isn't even listed in the harvested animals after you close off the game. Anyone else havin' this issue with the HM not always gathering the data for killed animals? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Similar to what I had happen at RFF 2 nights ago. I shot a Blacktail. Harvested it. The score never showed up (just the spinning circle). The game froze while I was trying to take the trophy shot. Alt-tab didn't help so I hit ctrl-alt-delete and then cancel. I was able to get into the game but the photo uploading notice never went away. I waited a few minutes the hit alt-f4.
I got a letter from Doc and the animal he claims I didn't harvest has a photo in my gallery of a buck that reads "no score".
**edit*** and there isn't anything in the hunt history either.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

BCKidd wrote:I've noticed somethin' strange on TgT since it went back to normal from the Howlin-een event. The hunter mate doesn't always gather up wolves. The score circle jus' spins and spins and when you simply resume hunt- and you check your harvested animals that wolf that you didn't bother to wait for the hunter mate to take its score- isn't even listed in the harvested animals after you close off the game. Anyone else havin' this issue with the HM not always gathering the data for killed animals? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Had this issue yesterday with some Rocky Mountain Elk. Each one i attempted to harvest would just spin and spin until i got impatient and just pressed resume. They never counted as harvested in the hunt stats either.
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

Do not you understand what I want??? I do not think so!!! :roll:

I do not care what EW does for months!
If it's grassland, good.
It's just me that they should keep their word!!! And if they say Tropical Forests, so must Tropical Forest!!!
Then they chose the wrong words in the last status update! At the word tropical forests I expect a hunt in a very dense forest on probably very small animals.
Or EW have to correct the mistake and not say it will be Tropical Forests and then the focus is not in it!!!

Understand it finally! :roll:
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

JackRbbt wrote:
Violator31 wrote:.... Check out this site;
https://mol.org/regions/?regiontype=point
Just click on the location & you get a complete rundown of the species in that area.
Man, whatever that site said, is far away from reality! I checked for my home town area (Constanta, Romania, South East Europe) and after 35 years of hunting, i discovered that we have elk and i had no idea! And the most common game, the wild boar, is not even on that list. So, use it with caution! ;)
They just messed up the English species name, Cervus elaphus is red deer, not elk. In the descriptive text for the entry, it's named correctly as such. The German species name is correct, too, btw.

The issue with wild boar is indeed strange. I've checked my native town of Ebersberg (near Munich). The site doesn't list them there either, and there's plenty of them - in fact, Ebersberg means boar hill... ;) Funny thing is, if you look up the species, it correctly marks almost all of Europe as its habitat. So you're right, the search results are to be taken with large grain of salt... :lol:
Last edited by TheSpecter on November 17th, 2017, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

Gewehrwolf wrote:Hi,

thanks for the update. It's nice that you introduced the preset loadouts.

Alena, although your position is legit and reasonable, i have to disagree here :
Alena Rybik wrote:Saved Loadouts are not a basic game feature, basic game feature is setting your inventory manually
In my humble opinion, having the opportunity to have at least a couple of loadouts to be saved maybe is not, but really should be a basic feature of a game this large, complex and, last but not least, expensive in 2017. Maybe it wasn't when the game was released, today it surely is.
We players already spend a lot of money on equipment, consumables and in customizing our maps. I think we shouldn't be charged extra for full carrying space or now the loadouts.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not talking about giving away an unlimited number of free slots for nothing. And I clearly understand that you guys put a lot of time and money into the game, and since the base game is free and membership fees are very low, need to sell stuff to pay the bills and keep it running for the lot of us to enjoy.
On the other hand, as I said, we are allready paying. And the more presets a player needs, the more stuff he will allready have bought. So I think a number of loadouts, let's say three, should be given for free. Sooner or later, most players will want more, and you could even make additional ones more expensive.

In addition, you could add loadout slots to membership bundles or give single ones as loyalty bonus, like for example one with a 5k em$-purchase or 6 month membership.

This way, players might feel more like well appreciated customers, and less like cash cows.

Just my two cents,
Wehrwolf
I'm a bit torn here tbh. I understand both how you feel and the need of EW to generate revenue in order to keep things going. In fact, I've defended them over this in the forum time and again. And yes, I agree with Alena that the saveable loadouts can indeed be regarded as a premium feature, as they merely serve convenience.

Since I was asking for this feature for quite some time, I was thrilled to hear it was finally coming. However, my excitement was quickly curbed when I went to the store. 250 em$ per slot, or 200 em$ in a bundle is imho - pardon my French - nothing short of a rip-off. I appreciate the effort that went into this feature, and the financial constraints a business like EW is operating under, but this is bordering on the ridiculous. As things are, I'm going to pass on this. You're absolutely right btw, for the first time since I started playing TH, I feel indeed like a cash cow. And I can't say it helps to increase my readiness to spend further money on stuff in this game...

Giving away a single slot as a bonus for a five grand purchase is a good idea btw, as most of the money would be spent on gear anyway - which might in turn create the need for new slots... ;)
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

TheSpecter wrote:... They just messed up the English species name, Cervus elaphus is red deer, not elk. In the descriptive text for the entry, it's named correctly as such. The German species name is correct, too, btw...
You could be right, i never bothered to check Latin names on that site. But i agree, Cervus Elaphus is red deer. :)
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”