Game & Status Updates 15th November 2017 - Loadouts

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Game & Status Updates 15th November 2017 - Loadouts

Post by TreeKiwi »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
Magnificent wrote:New Zealand map..... wapiti, sika, rusa,sambar, fallow,pigs, ducks,tarh, moose,whitetail, reds all can be found there!
There are moose in new Zealand?

Nice update. Excited about the new reserve!
It's local legend now. They did release a bunch way down south in a place called Fiordland. But a few were shot and nobody had seen any for many years. But it doesn't mean they are not there. It's such a crazy, inaccessible large part of NZ that they could still be there for sure. Every now and then someone will find a bird or something that everyone though was extinct.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

MartinSundberg wrote:
Unread postby JackRbbt » 6 minutes ago
OK, i have to ask: how new loadouts are going to work? I don't see any in my inventory (the free one, i mean), i have no idea where to look for them, i see no reference or something while i start a new hunt. So, except a "Loadouts" button, near "Lodge inventory", nothing changed. (Or, maybe, i am not loyal and supportive, so i don't get a free one, who knows?! 8-) )
You can start in any reserve, and open your inventory. In there you'll find a 'tab' called loadouts. If you press your loadout once(the backpack), it will go into it. It will be a blank canvas(no items equipped). You can then start to populate it with your items. When you are happy with the items that are inside you press the save-icon in the top right corner of the loadout. It'll ask you if you want to save, press yes. Now your loadout is ready and saved to the server. The next time you start a hunt you'll be able to pick it from a drop-down menu(close to the start game button).

If you are still experiencing issues after this, try and restart the launcher, since we've had some troubles with the servers it could have affected this.
Martin, thanks for your answer, but:

.. what backpack are you talking about?

And yes, i restarted the launcher. Next time, i will fully restart Steam and see what's going on after that.
Spoiler:

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

lowby wrote:
fantamichele wrote:
lowby wrote:Did not see anything about the holiday missions in the update are they supposed to be out already?
There are missions
I know there are missions out my question was are they supposed to be out already as I could not see anything about them in the update.
The missions do not work. I just caught five deer with 100% value and did not score the mission
DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

I didn't receive the free one either.. I bought the large bundle and now I have 11 loadouts. I should have 12 right?
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Nice update EW! Thanks Luna- you are as others have said friggin' awesome! So, a new reserve in Australia- could be interestin', I s'ppose. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

JackRbbt wrote:.. what backpack are you talking about?

And yes, i restarted the launcher. Next time, i will fully restart Steam and see what's going on after that.
You should have received a free loadout. Obviously you haven't. If you want to buy one until that issue is rectified though, you can find them in the store here as individual loadouts, or here as bundles.
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

thanks for the update. It's nice that you introduced the preset loadouts.

Alena, although your position is legit and reasonable, i have to disagree here :
Alena Rybik wrote:Saved Loadouts are not a basic game feature, basic game feature is setting your inventory manually
In my humble opinion, having the opportunity to have at least a couple of loadouts to be saved maybe is not, but really should be a basic feature of a game this large, complex and, last but not least, expensive in 2017. Maybe it wasn't when the game was released, today it surely is.
We players already spend a lot of money on equipment, consumables and in customizing our maps. I think we shouldn't be charged extra for full carrying space or now the loadouts.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not talking about giving away an unlimited number of free slots for nothing. And I clearly understand that you guys put a lot of time and money into the game, and since the base game is free and membership fees are very low, need to sell stuff to pay the bills and keep it running for the lot of us to enjoy.
On the other hand, as I said, we are allready paying. And the more presets a player needs, the more stuff he will allready have bought. So I think a number of loadouts, let's say three, should be given for free. Sooner or later, most players will want more, and you could even make additional ones more expensive.

In addition, you could add loadout slots to membership bundles or give single ones as loyalty bonus, like for example one with a 5k em$-purchase or 6 month membership.

This way, players might feel more like well appreciated customers, and less like cash cows.

Just my two cents,
Wehrwolf
μολών λαβέ
beau_76
Scout

Post by beau_76 »

hi all thanks for the update
i do not understand the loadout the free one blank and i do not see other in store ?
what am i missing?
Last edited by beau_76 on November 15th, 2017, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Looks like new 'item' belongs to section 'must buy' :}
Seiska
Tracker

Post by Seiska »

Nice addition to the reserves! Oh please oh please add murderous cassowaries for us to be wary of.
"I’ll have dirt on my feet and stars in my eyes.
I’ll be in the forest where the earth comes alive."

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”