Share your favourite loadout!

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
FOCRJ
Spotter

Re: Share your favourite loadout!

Post by FOCRJ »

In a free hunt walking through Hirschfelden, I always like to carry an arrow gun for the big red deer bands and a good rifle for the big males, so here is my hunting equipment, and who knows, some geese do not follow the road there is my 22 pistol and I do the work in silence!

happy hunting !! lol
asapkipper

Post by asapkipper »

This is my Val Des Bois loadout
https://imgur.com/okPTJbM

Weapons:
9.3x62 aunshutz (or however you spell it) bolt action rifle
Reverse Draw Crossbow (black)
.22 grasshopper pistol
Pump action 12 guage shotgun (wood, buckshot and birdshot in backback with the shotgun itself)

calls, optics, equipment etc.

basic binoculars
camera
red deer caller
roe deer caller
predator caller
first aid kits (forgot to include in screenshot sorry)

Large Equipment:

Tree stand (Basic camo) x3
Ground Blind (Basic Camo) x 2
Tripod Stand (Basic Camo) x 5
Tent (any) x 3
(climbing gear) x10

This is my favorite load out because it offers a variety of weapons and methods for taking down every species on Val des bois. The reverse draw crossbow is the ultimate silent weapon: quiet and powerful over distance. The 9.3x62 is a phenomenal weapon for hunting the majestic red deer and brown bear, and has the range and accuracy required for hunting alpine ibex in the mountains. The .22 pistol allows you to take out those tricky little rabbits and ptarmigans and isn't super loud, but if it isn't your preference there is also the shotgun which with buckshot is a great weapon for fox. If strategically placed all of the large equipment items can prove to be the ultimate hunting method with a little bit of patience: conceal yourself, call, and let the animals do the rest. Plus, with the climbing gear you can easily and safely reach the tallest peaks of Val Des Bois where you can find the gorgeous Alpine Ibex, which are easily taken down with both the crossbow and the 9.3x62. With this load out, even less experienced hunters can tame the beautiful beast known as Val des bois.
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

My loadout for Timbergold Trail:

A rifle permitted for all animals on Tgt, except for the ptarmigan.
A bow which is always nice to have for silent kills.
The .454 Revolver that I carry in case of a close encounter with a big bad grizzly bear. I still like to have the scope available in my backpack.
The calls for the mule deer, the elk and the wolf. I also like to carry the elk urine spray.
I always carry a second box of ammo in the dog backpack.
I like to have a treestand available when I hear a call and it’s far enough to use it.

Coupled with the tents, treestands, tripods and deployable towers already on the reserve, this for me is the ideal loadout.

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
MewKitty

Post by MewKitty »

MewKitty wrote:Image

By far my favourite Loadout:
8x57 IS Anschtz 1780 D FL bolt action rifle to take down any of the med - large game
The lovely Parker Python compound bow, silent enough to take down entire herds or any animal you encounter
.357 revolver - first lady the most useful and best looking pistol in the game in my personal opinion great for the fox if you see a nice one or dont want to risk spooking it waiting for it to get within bow range
and the .22 pistol Grasshopper if you encounter any of the bunnies on the map
Red deer caller
Predator Jackrabbit caller
roe deer caller
range finder binoculars
and the 16x50mm spotting scope to get spots on all animals you encounter, great to level up the spotting skill
red deer scent spray just in case you encounter a big herd or large red deer and you want that extra pulling power combined with the caller
Roe deer scent spray for the same reason

This also works to take down any of the higher mountain animals ibex and White-tailed Ptarmigan, i also chuck a few tents around the map if i run out of ammunition / want to change outfits or want to switch up my rifle
also LOVE the .300 carbon, K98K and my all time favourite rifle the .308 bolt action rifle - engraved (the recruit a friend rifle) i just dont use it as much as id like due to the .308 not having an achievement section but i do love using it
and i only recently acquired the 6.5x55 bolt action - panther but im loving it for ibex its my go to rifle for them currently and damn does it look good!

Also if anyone is interested in the pathing i use i have drawn out a map of my usual paths circling the tents / huts i generally start at (sorry its not colour coordinated i just wanted to do it in game real quick for reference with the loadout)
forgot to add the large equipment Definitely need a Tree stand or two person tree stand in there for somewhere down the river, a tripod for the ibex mountain and you need a bunch of tents to help along the pathing but ground blinds are also great in some area's!
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Sorry to interrupt, but I have a question...

Since the winning loadouts will be made into Store bundles, are we to assume that the inclusion of free items in our setups diminish our chances of winning?

I mean, what if someone fills his WHI loadout slots with the basic bolt action rifle +shotgun, bleat deer caller and all other free received items, and only adds the rest of the remaining items which are for sale?,,,elk, fox, etc....
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

kahuamp wrote:Sorry to interrupt, but I have a question...

Since the winning loadouts will be made into Store bundles, are we to assume that the inclusion of free items in our setups diminish our chances of winning?

I mean, what if someone fills his WHI loadout slots with the basic bolt action rifle +shotgun, bleat deer caller and all other free received items, and only adds the rest of the remaining items which are for sale?,,,elk, fox, etc....
I don't think that one free item kills your chances of winning if you really think that the .243, the single shot shotgun or the deer bleat caller (*ugh*) is the right equipment. Still, putting together some interesting weapons and useful equipment probably won't hurt.
Image Image Image
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Going "Old School" at RedFeather Falls

Introduction

This loadout will take you back a few years to were high power scopes were not around and rangefinder bows did not exist. The purpose of this loadout is to make the hunt a little bit more challenging and still capable of taking any animal at Redfeather Falls.

Weapons

.45-70 Buffalo Rifle - A perfect choice to get a challenge while you hunt big game such as Moose and Bear while still not having the fast reload or the high power scopes of the .45-70 lever action rifle.
8x57 IS K98k Bolt Action Rifle - An all around excellent classic rifle with a very good long range capability if you aim correctly.
45 Long Colt Revolver (Stallion) - You may need to use this if a Bear or Moose charges you while you are sneaking around.
Recurve Bow (Modern) - The recurve bow is one of the most challenging weapons to use in the game, with no sights provided, this makes for a fun and really satisfying hunt.

Equipment

• Deer "Grunt" Caller
• Rangefinder Binoculars
• Elk "Bugle" caller
• Moose Caller
• Spotting Scope

Dog
Male Scent Hound - A dog is a hunter's best friend, that's why it's included in this bundle, since you don't have the highest of equipment sometimes the shot placement won't be on point, your dog will be there for you and back you up for you to track down any animal.

Large Equipment
Happy Camper Tent (Forest Camo) x2 - I wanted to put trapper tents but they are not available anymore. You'll need tents so you can hunt different areas of Redfeather Falls since it's one of the biggest maps in the game, and it can be exhausting to walk your way into your secret hunting spots.
Tree Stand (Basic Camo) The Tree Stand will help you get the higher ground on any animal that you are calling in. Plus it provides scent and sight protection.
Spoiler:

Xaver505

Post by Xaver505 »

This is my Val-des-Bois Loadout. I use this or slight variations of it every time. The Goal with my Loadouts is, to hunt all Species in a Reserve at once.

9.3x62 Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle (Engraved) + 3-9x40mm Anschütz Rifle Scope - Black: My beloved Anschütz is my first Weapon of choice for literally everything. Accurate, powerfull and (for me) the best looking Gun in theHunter!
.223 Bolt Action Rifle (Marble) + 12x50mm Rifle Scope - Black: I bought this Gun primarly for Foxes. I was shocked how accurate it was and since then no Fox, Turkey or Roe Deer was save anymore.
.22 Pistol "Grasshopper" + Red Dot Pistol Scope - Black (optional): I don´t use it on every hunt but as soon as I see a Rabbit hopping around, I am happy to habe it with me.

7x42mm Rangefinder Binoculars - Forest Green
Scent Eliminator Mini

Roe Deer, Red Deer & Jackrabbit Caller (optional, i will pick up other Callers in other Reserves)
Treestand
and Ammonition

Sry for bad english, I am not a native speaker. Regards from Germany
CalloftheWild

Post by CalloftheWild »

Next Wednesday the team will choose three winning loadouts. The winners will receive a bundle containing 11 Loadouts and the items from the loadouts will be featured in theHunter store as bundles.
How would this work if if you do not own all the items in the loadout. Would you get the items free or would those slots in the loadout just remain empty?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

CalloftheWild wrote:
Next Wednesday the team will choose three winning loadouts. The winners will receive a bundle containing 11 Loadouts and the items from the loadouts will be featured in theHunter store as bundles.
How would this work if if you do not own all the items in the loadout. Would you get the items free or would those slots in the loadout just remain empty?
I think you misunderstood something. The winners of this competition will receive 11 loadout slots - these are just options to create/edit/load your different loadouts, but don't include any items. The three bundles in the store will be made from the three winning loadouts, so they will include every item and the bundle will have a significant discount compared to buying the items one by one.
So the loadouts themselves and the items that are saved with them are two different things.
Image Image Image

Return to “Official Community Competitions”