Share your favourite loadout!

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Share your favourite loadout!

Post by TreeKiwi »

Share your favorite loadout!
Hello hunters,

With the soon to be released and eagerly awaited Loadouts feature. It’s time to put your thinking hats on and demonstrate what your favorite loadout will look like!

For example, here is a screenshot of how my northern Whitehart Island loadout would look like.
Weapons:
I have the Tenpoint Crossbow for any situation where I need to be more stealthy, my trusty Parker Python for the treestands and the .22 Grasshopper for any fleeing or distant turkeys.

The callers and carried items:
With this setup I can call any of the animals on the map, sometimes I will swap the turkey box caller for the rangefinder binos. But I can do this out in the field.

So, this is a setup I will have saved using the new loadout feature and its already to go for future hunts :)

Now it’s your turn - from today until Tuesday, November 14th, 23:59 CEST, show us the first loadout that you will be excited to save using the new feature and share a little reasoning behind your item choices (or maybe even a little story of that nice trophy you got while hunting with that particular loadout?).

How to do that:
  • Start the game
  • Set up your favourite loadout in the inventory
  • Take a screenshot of your inventory (it should look like the one I’ve posted above (You can either use steam (F12) while in game or a good application for taking screenshots is Fraps, which can be downloaded for free here http://www.fraps.com/download.php
    Post it in this thread (in order to do that, upload your screenshot to some image hosting site, like Imgur or Ultimate theHunter Competitions and copy paste the link to it by using [img] tags)
  • (Preferable but not necessary) Give your loadout a name and share a story explaining why just this loadout is your favourite.
Rules that apply:
  • Only one submission per player
  • Any reserve
  • Because the winning loadouts will be made into store bundles, please included at least 3 types of large equipment (tent, ground blind, waterfowl blind, treestand, tripod, deployable hunting tower, hog feeder, bear bait barrel). These do not have to be included in your screenshot, instead you can mention in your post what your desired large equipment items would be.
  • Please don't include clothing
Next Wednesday the team will choose three winning loadouts. The winners will receive a bundle containing 11 Loadouts and the items from the loadouts will be featured in theHunter store as bundles.

Winners have been selected and can be found HERE

Happy loadout… errrm packing?
xOEDragonx

Re: Share your favourite loadout!

Post by xOEDragonx »

I'll go ahead and give this a try, that way you can pick my entry apart when I do it wrong :D
Let me introduce you to the Gander Commander Loadout! (For Hirschfelden)

Other Equipment To Include With This Loadout:
  • 1x Happy Camper Tent (Fall Camo)
    1x Waterfowl Blind (Sneaky 3D Fall Field Camouflage)
    1x Waterfowl Blind (Sneaky 3D Fall Field Camouflage)
    1x Canada Goose Decoy (Flapping Wings)*
    6x Canada Goose Decoy (Feeder Land)*
    6x Canada Goose Decoy (Sentry Land)*
    6x Canada Goose Decoy (Active Land)*
*Optional

This is the perfect mini-arsenal to take with you into the grassy fields of Hirschfelden if honkers are your primary quarry. It includes both of the existing goose calls and the goose flag for a bit of variety... or in case your buddy happens to have the long range goose call as well and together you can really catch those birds' attention by combining your flappy and honky attractants. All three of the weapons included, the .22 "Plinkington" Semi-Automatic Rifle, the 12 GA Pump Action Shotgun and the .357 Revolver, are permitted for hunting the coveted canada goose but that's not where their utility stops. You'll also notice this loadout includes a call for every species found in Hirschfelden, and each of the weapons can be used for other prey as well. Have a herd of red deer or boar just on the edge of render range? Give them a holler on their respective calls, slap that slug scope on your 12 GA shotgun and load up some slugs while you await their arrival. Is a red fox weaving it's way through the trees outside of your goose setup? Squeal like a injured bunny and whip out that little revolver. Tired of that roe doe barking at you from behind the hay bales? Coax her in as slow as ever with a squeak of your own and let the .357 do it's job. Pheasant roosters driving you mad with their beckoning calls? Locate them and then run at them with your birdshot loaded up or plink them off from the comfort of your blind. Send your loyal canine companion out to fetch your crockpot delicacies, and make sure to reward him with a special treat for being a good dog and not getting stuck on the blind while running, standing frozen in the field next to your dead bird or slingshotting your leaderboard goose into the next reserve. And whatever you do, don't forget your binoculars. You'll need them to pick out that single goose from the flock that you swear is an ever so slightly different color than the rest, even though it's probably just be a common colored honker angling itself just enough towards the sun to get your hopes up for a rare encounter.

This arsenal goes great with all the other clunkier gear you need for an optimal number of opportunities to swat geese out of the sky. A pair of waterfowl blinds to match the yellowed grass will ensure that you and up to five friends will be invisible to geese and hidden well enough from other critters coming your way. A tent will keep you from having to sprint the full distance to wherever your preferred field might be, and a full spread of decoys will ensure that you have the best chance possible of breaking all those webbed footers from their winged expedition.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Alright thanks for the questions guys and sorry for the confusion, my bad!
I have tidied up the thread a bit and updated the original post. Great start there xOEDragonx and a great example of what we are after :)
magicISO

Post by magicISO »

This is my Timbergold Trails loudout

Gear:

my trusted muzzleloader that can bring down the most big and scary animals fast its a good challange to go out and hunt with a muzzleloader plus its make you respect the old school hunters back in the old days when the have only this kind of rifle.

TenPoint crossbow for close up shoots where the muzzleloder can be little slow this make you to be more careful when you hunting you have to be quiet and stealthy.

and then the last thing the beast my 454 that gun have save my life so many times on Timbergold always have that ready when a angry bear charge you.

for big gear i have always my 1 treestand in the middle of the map and gound blind near the rivers and a tent up at the railroad so a i dont have to walk all the way up to hunting bighorns

and callers for rocky mountain elk and spray, deer grunt and spray , and wolf and dont forgett the trusted binoculars so you dont miss any animals and i do use scent dog from time to time when i do a bad shot on animal never leave a animal that you shot bad out in the forest find it with your dog :)

first aid are a most when you are up in the mountains and hunting bighorns so you dont have to fast travel every time and then run back up and camping supples for fast travling when you dont have the time for running cross the map or climbing a mountain.

so there you have it :)
Last edited by magicISO on November 10th, 2017, 6:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Please don't include clothing
I hope that it does not mean that the loudouts cannot safe clothing?
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Pittie wrote:I hope that it does not mean that the loudouts cannot safe clothing?
Same. I understand we're not supposed to include them for this competition, but please let us save clothes with the actual loadouts once they get released. Or even better: let us select whether to include clothes in the loadout or not.
Image Image Image
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Pittie wrote:
Yes, I agree there. I really hope that the load outs include clothing as well. That’s a really big part of an overall loadout, considering that we have to place clothing piece by piece instead of full sets
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Pittie wrote:I hope that it does not mean that the loudouts cannot safe clothing?
Same. I understand we're not supposed to include them for this competition, but please let us save clothes with the actual loadouts once they get released. Or even better: let us select whether to include clothes in the loadout or not.
BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Pittie wrote:
Yes, I agree there. I really hope that the load outs include clothing as well. That’s a really big part of an overall loadout, considering that we have to place clothing piece by piece instead of full sets

Absolutely everything gets saved i.e equipment, backpack, dog backpack, clothing, dog etc :)
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

That is good. Thank you.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

My Redfeather Falls loadout looks usually like this

Weapons
- .300 because it's a great gun and will take down any animal in RFF. I use this for longer range shots.
- Carbon Fusion crossbow. This is the newest addition to my bows/crossbows collection.
- 7.62x54R bolt action rifle. One of my favorite weapons and it does great job on taking down multiple animals in one go thanks to the fast firing rate. I find the scope easy to aim with on close to medium range, for those long shots I will use the .300.

Callers/items
- Deer grunt call
- Elk bugle caller
- Moose caller
- 7x42mm Rangefinder Binoculars. I don't play without these.
- First aid kit

Other equipment
3 x Happy camper tent - forest camo
2 x Tree stand - basic camo
2 x Bear bait barrel

With this loadout I usually start from one of the lodges and follow the river up north to my bear barrels and sit in the treestand for a while calling the animals. I'v had few nice non-typicals and big scoring elk, bear and whitetails lately. RFF is one of my favorite maps and I won't stop hunting there until I catch the bigfoot. :D
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."

Return to “Official Community Competitions”