Status Update 2nd November 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Status Update 2nd November 2017

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Ravenousfox wrote:Only 479 hunters completed the whole pack and received the Werewolf trophy and T-shirt, if you are one of them – congratulations.
Thanks, I assume that would be due to the player base shrinking.
Here's hoping the load-outs don't cost money.
RF, with all due respect my friend, but you don’t read very well, do you? [emoji6]
Status Update wrote: Pre-saved loadouts, anyone?

More on a production note, the team have been busy with something big that we hopefully will be ready to reveal to you soon. But what we are ready to tell you already today is that we’ve got a new cool feature lined up for you – and believe it or not, it’s one the most requested things in theHunter Classic history, pre-saved inventory loadouts! It hasn’t been the fastest feature for us to develop, that’s why we were keeping it under the radar, but now, as we are moving into testing phase and Martin is busy trying to break it (and Luna is busy fixing what he managed to break) we are finally at the stage when we feel it’s safe to announce it’s coming. On the screenshot below you can see the work in progress – together with the loadouts we are also bringing some delicious freebies, such as searching inventory and stacking duplicate items. Pre-saved inventory loadouts will be available to purchase in the store, and all members will receive one for free at the release date as a thank you for their loyalty and support.
Looks like at least one person is gonna be disappointed for sure. [emoji6]
Personally, I don’t care what they cost, for me it’s about the ability to load into a reserve ready to go and not waste time constantly having to change weapons and inventory from one reserve to another. This has been on my own wishlist for years, since the game started to really grow
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: Status Update 2nd November 2017

Post by DHRifleman »

Ravenousfox wrote:Only 479 hunters completed the whole pack and received the Werewolf trophy and T-shirt, if you are one of them – congratulations.
Thanks, I assume that would be due to the player base shrinking.
Here's hoping the load-outs don't cost money.
I would think it was a matter of lack of time, not so good eyes, and getting stuck on a particular mission why there were only 479.
Unless you have the numbers from EW which I doubt, there is no way to know what the player base has done. And I have seen your Steam snapshot which really doesn't depict what you assume it does, and it doesn't take into account the non-Steam players either.

I am sure the loadouts will only cost EM$, so if you get them by doing comps, then no money involved.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Glad to hear about the pre-set loadouts coming! A little apprehensive about Alena not being around. She has made a believer out of me by taking the bull by the horns and addressing many many concerns of the community, while hopefully helping to add to the bottom line at EW. The turn around in customer service and the attitude of the staff is a major win/win for everyone. You will be missed. Will you be back?

Welcome Bethany, you have big shoes to fill. Congrats on getting all of your ducks in a row, TK. I heard from Doc that he's watched you in a duck blind several times, and its definitely a first. :P

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Well, my question would be: does the loadout include clothing and ammo?
I assume they will be offered for EM$ and in that case, I hope they will with a reasonable price like 10 EM$ max.
Code: Select all
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

nachthexe wrote:I assume they will be offered for EM$ and in that case, I hope they will with a reasonable price like 10 EM$ max.
I doubt that one loadout slot (which, as I understand it, will be a permanent feature that you can use it as often as you want to) will have the same price as one taxidermy. My guess would be 300-500 em$ per loadout to be honest. But we'll see...
Image Image Image
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

I already wanted to comment on the last status updates but failed to log into the forum. Now that I found out that I have to create a seperate account AND use my username instead of email to log in :D , I can leave a few comments on the latest one :

First of all, Alena, congrats to your baby! Beeing a parent is one of the greatest experiences in life. And, of course, a big welcome to Bethany and Matt.

The Halloween-Event was spooky and awesome. Really enjoyed it, although some of the missions gave me a hard time. Was lucky with the second, but the wolves and sheep were horrible. Only my experience, the idea and design were great.

The fact that only 479 players completed it worries me a bit, makes me wonder how small the player base of this game might be. Hope there are enough players to keep this game profitable and thereby running. I'd love to know how many players completed each mission, but you probably won't publish that numbers.

Can't say anything about the lodge styles because I didn't get them yet, but the gun rack is a feature I have been wishing for since I really love customizing the lodge, so I got it on day one. I was thinking that I would only get the rack and was completely stunned by the enormous amounts of wall mounts coming with it. Even encourages me to get more weapons, just to put them in the right places, like a camo .300 for my arctic corner 8-)

The only downside doesn't concern me since I'm not a bow huntig enthusiast, but want to mention it anyway : Compared to the huge number of rifle mounts, the three bow mounts seem a little low. Furthermore, they are placed in the last corner, where they are half covered by the backside of huge bears that many people probably store there on the Large Platform.
In addition, it is not possible to put a bow on the rack itself, although the picture in the store shows it displaying a Snakebite. As I said, I don't care. Wouldn't put a bow there anyway but this could make some people complain they didn't get exactly what they paid for. I just have a rustic lodge so I don't know if there are better places for bow in the classy lodge.

Speaking about trophy lodges, I want to make a couple of suggestions :

First, it would be nice to have a board for trophys. Along with this, it would be great if some more trophy models were introduced for competitions, like different animals or weapons. Right now its the same model for almost every competition. Might encourage people to collect trophys of their favourite animals to display them in their lodge along with the winning animal's head :twisted:

Some more options for customisation would be nice, like different kinds of furniture. For example, replacing the old rocker in the rustic lodge with something a little more classy. Or changing the chest to a bookshelf and the pictures on the wall traded in for some shots we took ourselves. Everything for a fee, I wouldn't mind.

I can only speak for myself here, don't know what other people think. But the main reason I didn't get the styles yet is that I would love to have the birch railings of the Alba style, but don't like the stone floor. If we could choose to mix the Alba railings with Luna floor&paint and maybe Aspen fireplace, I'd purchase all three styles right now.

What would you think about an option to replace the IKEA-moose-carpet in front of the fireplace with the pelt of a large animal like bear or boar the player has shot and taxidermized?
Along with an actually burning fire instead of some smoking ashes, that would make a cosy place.

That's all that comes to my mind right now, or at least all that belongs into this thread.

Best regards,
der We(h)rwolf
μολών λαβέ
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

I'm a bit sad :(

I got to start the halloween event mission and loved the spooky environment in TGT, but the duration of the event was fairly short so I couldn't finish it :( Please make it a bit longer next year if possible. So bummed I couldn't get the werewolf tropy.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Wow an Aussie on TheHunter team! Awesome.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

A big welcome to Bethany and Mat!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome Bethany! :)

Good luck Mat! 8-)

Finally some loadouts! I would need about 20 of them. :D
Gewehrwolf wrote:The fact that only 479 players completed it worries me a bit, makes me wonder how small the player base of this game might be.
At least one player did not enjoy the event. And since it infected all maps, even stopped playing until over. Maybe there were others too. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”