The Power of Ten¹⁰ | 10,000 em$ + Bonuses

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

The Power of Ten¹⁰ | 10,000 em$ + Bonuses

Post by caledonianblues »

When
Starts: Friday 10th November 2017, 08:00 Europe/London (BST)
Finishes: Monday 4th December 2017, 08:00 Europe/London (BST)

Objectives
This is a multispecies competition. However, instead of having to harvest 40 animals, participants must choose 10 animals as part of the enrollment process. The animals from within the game are broken down into ten categories. Participants must pick one animal from each category. Once animal selection has been made and enrollment is complete, no changes can be made. There will be no exceptions, so please choose your animals carefully. Once you submit a score for an animal on your list, that score is locked in and cannot be replaced. This means each participant has a total of 10 score submissions.

Scoring
Scoring is normalized, but in a slightly different way to my previous competitions. The benchmark for normalizing participant scores is the #1 score for that animal on the official leaderboard. In other words, if you submit a brown bear scoring 25.203, you will be awarded a normalized score of 87.21. This is based on the current #1 leaderboard score of 28.898 for brown bear. If however you submit a brown bear scoring 28.952, you will be awarded a normalized score of 100.19. This is because you would have beaten the #1 leaderboard score for brown bear. To word it another way, the normalized score you are awarded for an animal is based on how that animal scores as a percentage of the #1 leaderboard score for the same animal.

A bonus multiplier of 5% is added to the normalized score of an animal if the bonus objective for that animal category has been satisfied. Here are the bonus objectives for each category.

Small Cervids: Heart shot (other organs permitted) with a handgun loaded with permitted ammunition.
Medium Cervids: Animal must be stationary and shot from a minimum distance of 75m.
Large Cervids: Heart shot (other organs permitted) with a shotgun loaded with permitted ammunition.
Cats, Dogs & Foxes: Any permitted shotgun ammunition. The animal must be killed with zero wound time.
Sheep & Goats: Double lung shot (other organs permitted) with an arrow or crossbow bolt.
Bears: No platforms. The animal must be killed with zero wound time.
Bunnies: Shot from a minimum distance of 100m with the air rifle (scope can be used).
Waterfowl: Shot from a maximum distance of 10m.
Upland Birds: Shot airborne (including turkeys) with an unscoped weapon loaded with .22LR ammunition.
Other: Brain shot (other organs permitted) with an arrow or crossbow bolt.

Where organ placement is specified, only one shot is permitted.

Official Leaderboard Scores
A snapshot of the current #1 leaderboard scores has been taken and will be used throughout this competition. If the official leaderboard changes at any point, it will have no impact on this competition. Participants can view the leaderboard figures being used for this competition here.

Enrollment - ENROLL HERE
You must be a UHC member in order to take part in this competition. To become a member, click here and follow the instructions.
If you're already a member, click here to view the competitions page, then click the "Enroll In This Competition" button next to The Power of Ten.
You must be enrolled in the competition prior to starting a hunt from which you wish to submit scores.

Scoresheet - SCORESHEET HERE
Participants must submit their competition entries using the scoresheet.
NOTE: We recommend you use ALT-F4 to end your hunts rather than selecting "Quit" from the menu.
Check the end date of your hunt on the hunt summary page before submitting. If the end date is 1969-1970, UHC will not accept the hunt. Wait until it fully updates.

Leaderboard - LIVE LEADERBOARD HERE
The leaderboard for this competition will be updated in real time. Please use the link above to keep track of the competition.

Prizes
Participants who place on the podium will be awarded the following prizes.

1st Place: 5,000 em$
2nd Place: 3,000 em$
3rd Place: 2,000 em$

Bonus Prizes
For any participant that beats one of the official leaderboard positions for a species, an additional award of 5,000 em$ will be awarded. This bonus is limited to one payment per participant.

Anonymous Donor Bonus Prize
A very generous donor, who wishes to remain anonymous, has donated 5,000 em$ to the prize pool. This will be awarded to the participant that submits the highest scoring rare. This does not include fur variations. To double check if your animal is a rare, please refer to the wiki page here. A big thank you to the donor.

Trophies
Novelty high resolution trophies (unofficial trophies which do not appear on theHunter website) will be issued to all participants who finish on the podium.

New Species
If before or during this competition a new species is released into the EHR, it will not be included in the competition.

Airborne Shots
All birds must be shot airborne, except turkeys (unless otherwise specified in a bonus objective).

Equipment
Unless excluded as part of a bonus objective, the use of all equipment is permitted throughout this competition.

Attempts
Participants have unlimited attempts during this competition. However, once a score for an animal is submitted, that score is locked in and cannot be replaced.

Sandbagging
All scores must be submitted within one and one half hours / 90 minutes of the hunt in question ending.

Minimum Hunt Duration
A minimum hunt duration of 30 minutes real time applies. This means if you attempt to submit an animal harvested in a hunt shorter than 30 minutes real time, it will be rejected.

Spawn Mashing
If any participant is found to be blatantly spawn mashing, UHC Apps reserves the right to disqualify this participant from the competition and all future competitions hosted by UHC Apps.

Questions
Please feel free to ask on this forum thread, or send me a private message.

Errors & Bugs
If you find an error in this thread, or a bug with the competition system, please send me a private message.

I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time.
UHC Apps and competition hosts reserve the right to disqualify any participant at their discretion for any reason, including but not limited to cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, etc.
Discrepancies and ambiguities in the rules or scoring system will be addressed by UHC Apps or the competition host as expediently as possible.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: The Power of Ten¹⁰ | 10,000 em$ + Bonuses

Post by caledonianblues »

The trophies for this competition will be awarded to the participants that finish on the podium, and to the participant that submits the highest scoring (normalised score) rare animal.

From left to right is bronze, silver, gold and rare. The rare trophy is supposed to represent piebald at the bottom, albino in the middle, and melanistic at the top :)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Oh my! Caledonian strikes again! Looks like a very interesting comp. I guess I best buy that air rifle now. :lol: 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Sounds very fun and nice ide that we get to choose what animals we hunt.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Hi David. I registered for UHCApps today and got the message an activation email was sent to my gmail account, but nothing showed up. Nothing in SPAM either. Any ideas? Thanks. :)
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

JimboCrow wrote:Hi David. I registered for UHCApps today and got the message an activation email was sent to my gmail account, but nothing showed up. Nothing in SPAM either. Any ideas? Thanks. :)
Same here. Been a couple hours now & haven't received an email.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

JimboCrow wrote:Hi David. I registered for UHCApps today and got the message an activation email was sent to my gmail account, but nothing showed up. Nothing in SPAM either. Any ideas? Thanks. :)
"Hawkeye"
Same here. Been a couple hours now & haven't received an email.

The system automatically knows you two are too good for this easy walk in the park, and has rejected you! :lol: :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

"By default", i am in. Thanks, David! :)
Spoiler:

Makaan
Scout

Post by Makaan »

Hi Caledonianblues, very interesting competition - surely will take a part, however some questions appear about scoring system, please let me understend it correctly:

1) Leaderboard max scores can change during competition - is that mean that my score also can be changed during comp?

For example:

At 12.11.2017 I kill Raindeer scored 650 - actulall best score in LeaderBoard is 664 - so let say will get 98 this day
At 20.11.2017 another hunter will kill Raindeer scored 720 so leaderboard max is changed - is this effect to my past score (98) ? at this day my normalized score would be 90. Or mayby my score 98 is frozen till end of comp, or mayby 664 (let say max score when competition start) is frozen during all competiotion period.

There are few options, let me know which one is set.

Best regards
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Wow, u said it would be good but this sound amazing David! Thanks :)

Return to “Competitions”