Status Update 18th October 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
strandjutter
Scout

Re: Status Update 18th October 2017

Post by strandjutter »

Villkatta wrote:Werewolf in TgT? Best halloween ever!
It looks more like a "GIANT WERECAT "to me :twisted: :P

Can't wait to go after it !

Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Ravenousfox wrote:
Eraser_SK wrote:I still miss B&C camo backpack... and finally upgrade camo bundles in shop. Bcz if you want have complete set, you must buy also scarf and backpack separatly... this is awful. We still missing some % bar to show how much is camo improved with new items. Bcz i see no differents... but its maybe my feeling.
Well a dev did state in the last QnA that camo doesn't work as a set but seprate so people can make their own custom look.
So if you only had B&C boots on you would get those camo stats but only on your boots. (just guessing here :lol: )
I guess backpacks only give camo when a deer looks at you from behind.
from behind? But i have on me jacket... so? 2x camo... or does nothing.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this update Staff and Devs.
It will be the greatest Halloween event ever !!! can't wait for it :)
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

HooCairs wrote:Thanks for the update. :)

I think you have the pictures confused for the two new white backpacks. When saving the backpack pictures for the Wiki I noticed the file names which don't fit.

I think the camo pattern had the correct description but the file names were wrong.

Now thy have them in the wrong place and the pattern dose not match the description
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Eraser_SK wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:
Eraser_SK wrote:I still miss B&C camo backpack... and finally upgrade camo bundles in shop. Bcz if you want have complete set, you must buy also scarf and backpack separatly... this is awful. We still missing some % bar to show how much is camo improved with new items. Bcz i see no differents... but its maybe my feeling.
Well a dev did state in the last QnA that ple can mcamo doesn't work as a set but seprate so peoake their own custom look.
So if you only had B&C boots on you would get those camo stats but only on your boots. (just guessing here :lol: )
I guess backpacks only give camo when a deer looks at you from behind.
from behind? But i have on me jacket... so? 2x camo... or does nothing.
Your guess is as good as mine, all I know is the dev Patrick Enz said:

When using all the pieces of a clothing set like ByC do you get a bonus in camo by wear the whole set or just the individual bonus from pieces?

No. There is no whole set bonus. The reason behind is that we want the player to be free to customize their character as they see fit.

QnA: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=78464
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

I think you have the pictures confused for the two new white backpacks. When saving the backpack pictures for the Wiki I noticed the file names which don't fit.

We fix! You are very nosy, we are impressed :)
xOEDragonx wrote:Awesome update Alena! That beast looks great... but will I be able to add it to my trophy lodge? XD

I'm really looking forward to the Halloween event as I had just missed out on last year's zombie elk when I joined. I don't know if I'll get the chance to participate in the double XP weekend (early muzzleloader season!) but that is great opportunity to those who can join in. And I haven't bought any backpacks yet, but I just might grab one so I can join in on the raffle. Does buying multiple backpacks get you multiple entries or is it just one entry per person?
You get multiple entries for multiple backpacks bought so yeah, your chances will be higher.
Ravenousfox wrote:I have a question...
What if you already own one camo backpack from the first release are you still entered in the raffle or do you have to re-buy another camo backpack?
'

Only backpacks bought after the announcement and before the end of the week will participate in the raffle, sorry.
Good feedback, we will add backpacks and scarves to the bundles. But please bear in mind that any extra camo item adds to your concealment package, we don't really have a "complete" set, i.e. no combo will ever give 100% camo as in animals will not see or hear you.
RidgeBack69 wrote:

I think the camo pattern had the correct description but the file names were wrong.

Now thy have them in the wrong place and the pattern dose not match the description
Indeed,we "fixed" following HooCairs's feedback and are now re-fixing it :)
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

Thanks for the update!

Now we just need a "classic" backpack to match the Doc-Monsignor outifts :)

Btw, is there a plan that the backpacks will someday "work" as a gameplay element, as in, you would need to equip a backpack to take advantage of the extra carry capacity?
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Ringolf wrote:Thanks for the update!

Btw, is there a plan that the backpacks will someday "work" as a gameplay element, as in, you would need to equip a backpack to take advantage of the extra carry capacity?
Would you like that? This was one of the ideas we played around with when we were discussing bringing the actual backpacks into the game, but we decided against it.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Ringolf wrote:Thanks for the update!

Would you like that? This was one of the ideas we played around with when we were discussing bringing the actual backpacks into the game, but we decided against it.
Maybe he would, I'd certainly not. :D
Spoiler:
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

Well, i for one like it if items have a functionality in addition to the optics.

Can only speak for myself, though, as was already pointed out ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”