2017/2018

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Re: 2017/2018

Post by MooseHunter330 »

I know that feel, Instinctive Archer.
My dad once put our truck straight against a pile of logs while we were feeding boar.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

MooseHunter330 wrote:I know that feel, Instinctive Archer.
My dad once put our truck straight against a pile of logs while we were feeding boar.
Ouch! That sounds bad.
Kind of a sickening feeling when all of the sudden you realize you're not going forwards or backward anymore. Luckily no damage was done and they got it out easily.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

willybepop wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:Have youu ever hunted the Conecuh nat'l forest, it's on tha Alabama side, but I turkey hunt it and always see deer when I go? What part of NW Florida are you? Im in Baldwin County Al.
I'm actually in NE Florida in St. Augustine, just south of Jacksonville. I've always wanted to hunt Alabama.

hahahahaha! You're not missing out on ANYTHING! No turkeys, no ducks, no deer, no nothing..... :( :lol: :( :lol:
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
MooseHunter330 wrote:I know that feel, Instinctive Archer.
Ouch! That sounds bad.
Kind of a sickening feeling when all of the sudden you realize you're not going forwards or backward anymore. Luckily no damage was done and they got it out easily.
I know what you mean....
when I use a boat, the water is always too shallow-however-when I use a truck, it is too muddy......

time to buy an aquacar:

Roll Tide!!
officialwafflez
Hunter

Post by officialwafflez »

baloo.the.dog wrote:
willybepop wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:Have youu ever hunted the Conecuh nat'l forest, it's on tha Alabama side, but I turkey hunt it and always see deer when I go? What part of NW Florida are you? Im in Baldwin County Al.
I'm actually in NE Florida in St. Augustine, just south of Jacksonville. I've always wanted to hunt Alabama.

hahahahaha! You're not missing out on ANYTHING! No turkeys, no ducks, no deer, no nothing..... :( :lol: :( :lol:
Don't be sure, I killed this in the upper Tensaw WMA
ingame name is BryanTheHunter
officialwafflez
Hunter

Post by officialwafflez »

Also, got my 2nd doe of the season yesterday morning, love shooting these rages. most lethal broadhead I've ever used.
the entry hole
ingame name is BryanTheHunter
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Nice animals, Bryan!

I almost shot a yearling buck for the freezer today. Walked out from behind me and passed right through the bottom of my box stand.
I would have shot him if I had taken the 8mm, but since I was armed with heavy artillery (.45-70), I decided not to.
I always seem to bring the wrong gun, guess that's not a problem when bow hunting ;)
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

officialwafflez wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:
willybepop wrote:

Don't be sure, I killed this in the upper Tensaw WMA
I love the Upper Delta wma, I've never deer hunted on it just squirrel and woodie hunting. Mostly hunt there on the upper tensaw.

Roll Tide!!
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

officialwafflez wrote:Also, got my 2nd doe of the season yesterday morning, love shooting these rages. most lethal broadhead I've ever used.
the entry hole
You know it's bucks only right now in Baldwin and Mobile County. :roll:

Roll Tide!!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

They're all lethal if you put them in the right spot. ;)
Nice doe :)

I don't know what's going on this season. The weather is warm, the leaves are all green, and the deer are not moving at all. I hunted 6 times and seen 1 deer. It doesn't make any sense. Still having a little excitement though. When I went out the other morning, the cattle were all laying up by the house. They only do that when something is back in the woods that they don't like. When I got back to the edge of the woods, a real rank odor hit me and I knew that there had been, or there still was a bear close by. Made the walk in to my stand a bit more interesting. Lots of "stump bears" along the way. :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “The Great Outdoors”