Unable to Leave Waterfowl Blind with Different Key Binding and Crash

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
TheHottShott

Unable to Leave Waterfowl Blind with Different Key Binding and Crash

Post by TheHottShott »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP
Hunter Name: TheHottShott

Description:
I am unable to leave my waterfowl blind in Rougarou Bayou when using a different key binding for environment interaction. I have interaction set to LALT, and my inventory set to E. When pressing LALT, it does nothing. I figured it might have something to do with key binding, so I pressed E, hoping that when I pressed Resume Game, I might be out of the blind to collect my ducks. However, the game crashed when I pressed Resume Game. I have repeated the bug numerous times. However, when I changed my interaction key back to E, I could exit the blind.

Steps to Reproduce:
Assign the E key to Inventory, and the interaction button to LALT, or something. I am unsure if it works with other buttons. Enter blind normally, and attempt to exit the blind. If you cant exit, you are on the right track. Press the E key, which will open inventory, and press resume game. The game should crash.

Additional Information:

My Computer
Platform: Toshiba Satellite C55-C
OS & Version: Windows 10 64 bit
"Remember, it's not about the trophy kill, though it's nice to bag a big buck. But, it's those memories you recall later in life that make sub-zero temperatures, a blizzard, and howling wind all worth it." - My grandfather's last hunt.
TheHottShott

Re: Unable to Leave Waterfowl Blind with Different Key Binding and Crash

Post by TheHottShott »

It appears that the crash occurs when my dog has entered the blind at least once. The crash has occurred only when the dog has at any time, entered the blind. I have had the dog outside the blind fetching a bird, but as soon as I press resume game from my inventory, it crashes. I have since been able to leave the blind with the default key-bindings, however. I'll just make my dog stay outside while I test the new duck call out.
"Remember, it's not about the trophy kill, though it's nice to bag a big buck. But, it's those memories you recall later in life that make sub-zero temperatures, a blizzard, and howling wind all worth it." - My grandfather's last hunt.
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Unable to Leave Waterfowl Blind with Different Key Binding and Crash

Post by MartinSundberg »

Steps to Reproduce:
Assign the E key to Inventory, and the interaction button to LALT, or something. I am unsure if it works with other buttons. Enter blind normally, and attempt to exit the blind. If you cant exit, you are on the right track. Press the E key, which will open inventory, and press resume game. The game should crash.
I have not been able to make the game crash, but the key binding issue has been reported as a bug! Thanks for reporting it :) Any more information about the crash would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Equipment / Gear”