Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Post by Tod1d »

saldas1983 wrote:I'm confused about bobcat scoring though. In pre release stream you got bobcat with the score of about 20 (if I remember well). And now they all below 10. Score is sum of skull width and length. Is it in inches or what?
It was changed to inches. The odd part is, on the leaderboard I notice a lot of ties, and the scores all seem to be about 1 millimeter apart. (0.0394"), but when converted back to metric they are not even millimeters. Example, the highest score on the leaderboard is 9.558" (242.773 mm).
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

BCKidd wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:The lynx can be found all through out Canada and into Alaska.
True, AKA Canadian lynx......Also a bobcat IS a species of lynx.
All true indeed. If EW ever does put another critter on RFF, I too would agree that a Lynx would be appropriate. The AI as mentioned for the Bcat is pretty identical to a Lynx, size and perhaps habitat may only differ minutely b'tween the two species. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
Can agree that it would be nice to add the Eurasian Lynx (Lynx lynx) to:

1. Hemmeldal (Where they are really present).
2. Val-des-Bois (There are a few).
3. Redfeather Falls (The Canada Lynx, Lynx canadensis).

4. Hirschfelden (A very small population but still present).

Lynx = Bobcat, Siberian Lynx, Iberian Lynx, Canadian Lynx, Eurasian Lynx.

Eurasian Lynx (Lynx lynx)
Eurasian Lynx (Lynx lynx)
Iberian Lynx (Lynx pardinus)
Siberian Lynx (Lynx lynx wrangeli)
Canadian Lynx (Lynx canadensis)
Bobcat (Lynx rufus)
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

Tod1d wrote:
saldas1983 wrote:I'm confused about bobcat scoring though. In pre release stream you got bobcat with the score of about 20 (if I remember well). And now they all below 10. Score is sum of skull width and length. Is it in inches or what?
It was changed to inches. The odd part is, on the leaderboard I notice a lot of ties, and the scores all seem to be about 1 millimeter apart. (0.0394"), but when converted back to metric they are not even millimeters. Example, the highest score on the leaderboard is 9.558" (242.773 mm).
Do they really have such a small skull? 1st place in leader board has a skull length of 5.5 inch and width of 4.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Wow ! Look at those paws on the Canadian Lynx ! :shock: Does he look soft or what !? :lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:I saw that as well w/CotW. The whole reserve looks awesome, and in the species list the Musk Deer? Friggin sweet. Something entirely new to hunt. The old Vampire deer itself lol!
Ok, off topic here, apologies. We shouldn't be talking about CotW in the status update thread for tH:C.
Quick question: has anyone noticed less Bobcat presence and calls around the middle Logger's Point tower area? I didn't really wanna say much because I was tryin to see if it was just RNG and it happens, but it's seems to me the first two days of release, I'd find roughly 3-4 Bobcats in the area, sometimes more, sometimes less. But since Friday, it's been far less, with maybe 1 or two, and hardly ever a call anymore. Anyone else noticing this as well?
One more off topic comment in this vein. How is it, as soon as tHC gets a new species, it shows up soon on COTW? We got a Bobcat, they got a Lynx. Yet the reverse is not true. They (yes I delineate them as we and they..they are not playing the same game) have Fallow Deer...why isn't there Fallow Deer in tHC?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

ImageImage
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on September 18th, 2017, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed picture links (use bigimg-tag instead of img-tag)
Spoiler:
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:I saw that as well w/CotW. The whole reserve looks awesome, and in the species list the Musk Deer? Friggin sweet. Something entirely new to hunt. The old Vampire deer itself lol!
Ok, off topic here, apologies. We shouldn't be talking about CotW in the status update thread for tH:C.
Quick question: has anyone noticed less Bobcat presence and calls around the middle Logger's Point tower area? I didn't really wanna say much because I was tryin to see if it was just RNG and it happens, but it's seems to me the first two days of release, I'd find roughly 3-4 Bobcats in the area, sometimes more, sometimes less. But since Friday, it's been far less, with maybe 1 or two, and hardly ever a call anymore. Anyone else noticing this as well?
I agree
Spoiler:
SoldierofGod
Tracker

Post by SoldierofGod »

I spotted a bobcat around the three lakes region of loggers point and decided to watch it instead of killing it right away. It did not take long before it started pouncing at mice and it looked really cool. Good job devs. I think fox should have a similar behavior, and have watched them in real life and they also pounce for mice.
Hunter300
Spotter

Post by Hunter300 »

Code: Select all

These are the only scores on the leaderboard for bobcat and at the end of the season you probably see 1 or 2 different scores. :roll:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Hunter300 wrote:

Code: Select all

These are the only scores on the leaderboard for bobcat and at the end of the season you probably see 1 or 2 different scores. :roll:
Just like the wolves. Less data for EW to keep track of. :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”