scent hounds are usless

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Re: scent hounds are usless

Post by abslayer »

Info on dog states
The second scenario is that the tracked animal just got brushed by a projectile, bled for a few minutes then the bleeding stopped. In this case the dog cannot continue the tracking.
That is where hunters have problem tracking without dog SO what good is the dog if it has same problems ????
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

My dog "ObiOne" is perfect! It is at level 41 and it took me a long time and training, but it was worth it! I especially like his company. It is a special philosophy to hunt with a dog, without looking for records or performances, just the pleasure of hunting and browsing landscapes and taking time ...
reve
Spotter

Post by reve »

First of all I would like to apologize to the English native speakers for possible linguistic mistakes.
It's 34 years ago that I was stationed in Canada as a soldier(oops, I hope Fletchette does not read this, otherwise he puts his refrigerator off again and the Canadiens have no Internet. And I'm to blame, lol). Thanks for your understanding.

I had not used the scent hound for a long time, because I had been influenced by the negative comments.
I am an absolute "Long-Distance-Shot-Fan" and there is often no "instant kill".
I have been taking my dog since five weeks and I don't want to miss Axa anymore. Sometimes he needs several attempts, but he does a very good job. Despite low levels.
Today, for example, I lost a wild boar track. I pick up my dog and Axa found the wild boar without any problems and I am at rank 5 in the world ranking. Thanks Axa!
I love my dog.

Wildschwein=wild boar
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Does the bloody dog eventually walk beside or behind you? Makes me so infuriated it zigzagging across the front of me all the time and blocking my path.
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

All the time at the front and if you have one rock at your left the dog pushes you to the left :lol:
and for the rock at your right same thing :lol:
(Rock can be replaced by any other obstacle...)
This is what is called a dog in the legs :P
reve
Spotter

Post by reve »

TreeKiwi wrote:Does the bloody dog eventually walk beside or behind you? Makes me so infuriated it zigzagging across the front of me all the time and blocking my path.
This problem I have had 2016 also. That's why I did'nt take the dog with me.
By chance, I took the scent hound for hunting this year and he runs beside with me most of the time. And if I sneak, sneaking the dog, too
Try it again.

Only the retriever dog runs across the front of me all the time and blocking my path and breathes as loud as a locomotive. :lol:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Dogs in general are in the game pain in the azz... but i love them :D
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

abslayer wrote:Info on dog states
The second scenario is that the tracked animal just got brushed by a projectile, bled for a few minutes then the bleeding stopped. In this case the dog cannot continue the tracking.
That is where hunters have problem tracking without dog SO what good is the dog if it has same problems ????
Late response, but it means if the animal isn't going to die. If you want to find an animal that ran for awhile and then died, or is dying, the dog can find it. If the animal stops and is grazing or calling, the dog will run to it, then say ? and run back to you. With the weapons I hunt with, at least (7mm bullpup + heavy recurve bow), if I hit an animal it IS going to die eventually no matter where I hit it, even if it wanders around for awhile, so the dog never loses the track--not for this reason, at least.
Stalker54
Spotter

Post by Stalker54 »

ClemD wrote:My dog is at level 29 and he is starting to do a good job. Sure he is not perfect but he is very helpful in tracking and he will get better. The only thing I do not like is when I fire a shot at an animal, he should not get up, he should stay down. Now, he gets up and sometimes runs in front of me. It prevented me a few times from shooting a second shot or shooting at another animal. He should wait my command to join me.

I agree, the dog should stay down. I have had my track dog get in the way after the shot. I'm about ready to park the dog and not bring it out hunting. The dog when you get it should be as good as you are and your skills.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Useless AGREE!! 100% Seems like leveling up, they instead of improve the tracking lvl they go more stupid , my Scent hound it's now at lvl 26 and since lvl 25 they SIT NEXT TO TROPHY or Keep walking in circles without SEEING the corpse, my friends Dog it's at lvl 42 and same!! he told me that since level 35 Dog loss the track or just sit since level 35, so what's the point??

I use it now only as "mobile extra carry bag" for more ammo, camp supplies, scent or lures.

What really HATE is the behaviour when he runs to you and instead of stay behind he pass you and start to run like crazy in front of you when you're Standing or walking, so you have to keep tracking his position to change stand to prone or BYE BYE ANIMALS, he spook everything around.

Return to “Kennel”