Game Update August 23rd

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
fibulare

Re: Game Update August 23rd

Post by fibulare »

Good job EW. I have taken the new rifle to a couple of hunting sessions, and i am impressed actually, good penetration, 220 m shot instant kill on deer. And big game also good knockdown power. It looks amazing in my opinion, reload sounds are ok, fast shooting! So i don't agree with the critics some of you have :)
whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

Thanks for the update and the new rifle. Running the patch last night caused the old issue of running a full download of the game for me. And it took several attempts for me to get it working. Actually it was first this morning it went threw... :oops:
I hope it was a single case, and not a new issue of the full download of the game "history"
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

BuiuRei wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:Thanks for fixing the snow drifts color on WRR in this update, but you have broken the yellow shooting glasses. They no longer brighten things up like yellow shooting glasses do in real life. You have made the surroundings a very dark gold color and no longer functional for hunting. It looks like they reverted back to the way they were when they first came out and not to they way they were after the July 19 update. If I had to guess, they are discrepancies in source control and old code over wrote the new changes when the update was published. On positive note though, the double tripod has its color camo back. It is no longer a bleached white.
True that, I just noticed it today as well.
It no longer helps in low light conditions.

I never noticed they made things brighter.. always how you are describing them above. Did they fix them and now it's reverted back to how they were at the start?
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Thanks for a great update.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

TreeKiwi wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:Thanks for fixing the snow drifts color on WRR in this update, but you have broken the yellow shooting glasses. They no longer brighten things up like yellow shooting glasses do in real life. You have made the surroundings a very dark gold color and no longer functional for hunting. It looks like they reverted back to the way they were when they first came out and not to they way they were after the July 19 update. If I had to guess, they are discrepancies in source control and old code over wrote the new changes when the update was published. On positive note though, the double tripod has its color camo back. It is no longer a bleached white.
True that, I just noticed it today as well.
It no longer helps in low light conditions.

I never noticed they made things brighter.. always how you are describing them above. Did they fix them and now it's reverted back to how they were at the start?
Sad news... only thing why i always take my brille with me... now is useless.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

JMMax wrote:Please put the yellow tint shooting glasses back to the way they were before this update. They brightened everything up before like they should and now its darker. I know they are titled hunting glasses but aren't they suppose to be shooting glasses?
Yep, noticed this too.. they used to help when it was raining (dark and foggy), now they're useless with the burnt yellow vivid tint....CHANGE THEM BACK
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Since the update I have this distracting spinning circle on the top right hand corner of my screen. It appears after my first harvest of any critter and doesn't go away. I'm not sure it has to do with the fact that I am using the "Steam" version; copied to theHunter file or not. Anyone else have this spinning circle? It hasn't altered game play, I can still harvest, take trophy shots, etc., it is really jus' an annoyance. Still... please fix. :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

BCKidd wrote:Since the update I have this distracting spinning circle on the top right hand corner of my screen. It appears after my first harvest of any critter and doesn't go away. I'm not sure it has to do with the fact that I am using the "Steam" version; copied to theHunter file or not. Anyone else have this spinning circle? It hasn't altered game play, I can still harvest, take trophy shots, etc., it is really jus' an annoyance. Still... please fix. :? Peace.

BCKidd.

Moon had it yesterday as well mate.
whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

BCKidd wrote:Since the update I have this distracting spinning circle on the top right hand corner of my screen. It appears after my first harvest of any critter and doesn't go away. I'm not sure it has to do with the fact that I am using the "Steam" version; copied to theHunter file or not. Anyone else have this spinning circle? It hasn't altered game play, I can still harvest, take trophy shots, etc., it is really jus' an annoyance. Still... please fix. :? Peace.

BCKidd.
I'm experience this to. I dont think it's due to the update, since i was also experience it before the update. And i'm not playing on steam
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"
DaiNochii
Spotter

Post by DaiNochii »

BCKidd.
I'm pretty sure it's related to the message that pops up after harvesting an animal, that asks you if you'd like to taxidermize that animal. If you decide to not taxidermize your harvest before the spinning circle fades away, it remains there till the end of the game session. Just wait few seconds before clicking on the prompt message so it disappears and it won't remain on the corner after clicking.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”