Status Update 17th August 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Status Update 17th August 2017

Post by Alena Rybik »

UPDATE: We just released a function to choose the amount of bait to fill in your bait sites. Attention: you first need to pick the amount of bait you want to fill a specific bait site up to. I.e. if I want my bait site to have 40 baits in it, I would choose 40, regardless how much is left in my bait site. After that you go to the bait site you want to refill and click Refill. The system automatically takes from your inventory the amount of bait needed to fill the bait site up to the desired amount and adds it to the chosen site. Eg. I had a site with 5 bait in and I want to have 40 in it, I choose 40 in the top right corner of the UI, click refill button next to that feeder / barrel and 35 bait get consumed from my inventory (40-5=35). That's it. Please note that cost per service is the same, regardless how much bait you put into your bait site. Enjoy!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I JUST noticed that as I was filling my goat feeders, saw it in the corner and was like "hmmm, that wasn't there yesterday.." ;) Good job guys and gals, way to be on it!
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Alena Rybik wrote:UPDATE: We just released a function to choose the amount of bait to fill in your bait sites. Attention: you first need to pick the amount of bait you want to fill a specific bait site up to. I.e. if I want my bait site to have 40 baits in it, I would choose 40, regardless how much is left in my bait site. After that you go to the bait site you want to refill and click Refill. The system automatically takes from your inventory the amount of bait needed to fill the bait site up to the desired amount and adds it to the chosen site. Eg. I had a site with 5 bait in and I want to have 40 in it, I choose 40 in the top right corner of the UI, click refill button next to that feeder / barrel and 35 bait get consumed from my inventory (40-5=35). That's it. Please note that cost per service is the same, regardless how much bait you put into your bait site. Enjoy!
Nice ! Awesome work and thanks for the fast update. Gonna test it on the weekend :)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Luna Duclos wrote:
pegleg168 wrote:I have a problem with the Game Management widget. When I click it it just comes up with html code on the button for bait site and a woodpecker ate my lodge for lodge management.
Could you post a screenshot of this ? Might help track it down.
Pegleg168, Are you using the site in English?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Nice feature. :)

We need to select the "Wanted bait amount". This can be confusing. Is this the amount I want to use, or the amount I want in the feeder?

Sure today we know how it works because we see it described here in this forum thread. It will also be in the Wiki. However many will miss this information and start asking questions, or report errors.

It would be better to call this "Wanted amount in the feeder". ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Zerwurster

Post by Zerwurster »

As much as I still not agree that a subscription based game that allready asks for more money to buy weapons, equipment, cosmetics and various consumables (Some of which are required for the already bought equipment to function at all: e.g. Bait for feeders) should charge anything for such a basic feature, i got to applaud the quick implementation of the scalable baitamounts.
Won't win any prizes for design, but it fixed on of the biggest problems with this feature in less than 24hours, good.

@Hoocairs
It would be better to call this "Wanted amount in the feeder".
Yeah the wording needs to be fixed to avoid confusion. "Wanted amount in the feeder", "fill feeder up to:" or something along those lines.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Thank you for addressing this so quickly! I'm now really looking forward to using this new feature. No matter what anyone else says on these forums, the team at EW continues to impress me. Your willingness to communicate with your customers no matter how gritty it gets and your efforts to add to and improve this game based on our feedback go above and beyond any responses I've ever seen from another game development team. No one is perfect, and this game has it's moments where it's also far from perfect, but knowing that the team here is willing to listen to our feedback and act upon it if it's reasonable and possible to do is awesome. Great job guys.

As for the monetization of the feature, let's try not complain too much. They're a business, they didn't create this feature just to make people happy, they did it to improve the game that pays their bills thus making you want to pay more. They've been very transparent about their intentions with these premium features. If you don't want to pay for it, continue to use the old free method which is still available to everyone, or use the alternative free currency that's earned in the game. Nothing about this feature, or taxidermy, or trophy shot poses is going to hurt you or hinder your ability to play this game as you have in the past if you don't use them. What would hurt is when they shut this game down for good because it's no longer a profitable venture for them.
sanorb

Post by sanorb »

sanorb wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:
sanorb wrote:
On Chrome even after cleaning the cache it is not working.
On Internet Explorer all is working fine and also on the Luncher.
Have you maybe some suggestions for Chrome?
We'll investigate, thanks for more info.
Some news? I still have the same problem ONLY with Chrome.....
I also cleared the cache in the developer mode but without any results
Please respond
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

Post by sanorb » 24 minutes ago
sanorb wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:
sanorb wrote:

On Chrome even after cleaning the cache it is not working.
On Internet Explorer all is working fine and also on the Luncher.
Have you maybe some suggestions for Chrome?

We'll investigate, thanks for more info.

Some news? I still have the same problem ONLY with Chrome.....
I also cleared the cache in the developer mode but without any results

Please respond

We're sorry you are experiencing this issue. We are not sure what is causing it. Could you provide us with some more information? We'd like to know if this is a issue for you on Steam as well. Do you use any different language settings? If that's the case, can you try and switch language just for testing purposes. You are saying that this is only happening through the chrome browser, could you provide us with version of chrome you have installed, mine is for example, version 60.0.3112.90. You will find it under "help" menu. If you have some sort of antivirus protection, could you try and turn that off for 5 mintues so we can rule out any blocking issues.

Could you also provide us with your current computer setup. If you press windows button + r and then write "dxdiag". A window will show up. In that window you have an option to "save all information".

In case you find the antivirus being the problem. Read through this:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -MVDP-3638

Thank you.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Alena Rybik wrote:UPDATE: We just released a function to choose the amount of bait to fill in your bait sites. Attention: you first need to pick the amount of bait you want to fill a specific bait site up to. I.e. if I want my bait site to have 40 baits in it, I would choose 40, regardless how much is left in my bait site. After that you go to the bait site you want to refill and click Refill. The system automatically takes from your inventory the amount of bait needed to fill the bait site up to the desired amount and adds it to the chosen site. Eg. I had a site with 5 bait in and I want to have 40 in it, I choose 40 in the top right corner of the UI, click refill button next to that feeder / barrel and 35 bait get consumed from my inventory (40-5=35). That's it. Please note that cost per service is the same, regardless how much bait you put into your bait site. Enjoy!
Holy macaroni and cheese !! Done already ! Now it will suit more players . Thx and good job EW .
That was fast . Didn't look as hard work as it was mentioned .
Your foot will heal in no time now from that gunshot .
Glad i whined about this .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”